Rosin Press

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
I'm interested too, so I asked Mr Google and here's one opinion

This lot sell the equipment, so I'm not sure how genuine the opinion is but it'll give ya an idea.
I wouldn't be buying from them, I found a hash tumbler for $2600 US :eek: WTF. It'd want to cook my dinner at that price 🤣
You could make the same thing yourself for $200-300.
Shop around, I'm sure you'll find cheaper.

ozzy420

Germinating
User ID
I have seen a rosin press made from a hydraulic bearing press with 2 steel plates using 2 soldering irons it worked a treat just need some DIY skills...

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Nug smasher seems to be the most prolific online. Honeycomb press is another in Australia. I haven't used any products from these places. I'm sure someone with hands on experience with certain machines will chime in eventually

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
Last edited:

snapper

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
I had a look at the Easypresso 7 ton.
The plates are 15x6cm. Seems to be long and narrow where other presses i have seen online the plates have more width and less length.
Is there any issue here or am i dreaming ?

veritas629

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
thanks mate, was lookin for that thread..

thinkin this one https://honeycombpress.com.au/colle...rosin-press-7-tonne-hydraulic-honeycomb-press

same one , different brand https://redcliffevape.com.au/collec...ducts/easypresso-7-tons-hydraulic-rosin-press

might take a drive to Redcliffe this weekend...;)

I have the same press, but from yet another brand. Built like a tank and will probably last a long time. It's heavy to lug around and I wish I had a permanent pressing station. The only thing I don't like about it is that it does not have a pressure gauge. I didn't understand that when I bought mine. I've got good heat control, but completely guessing on the pressure. I slowly build up the pressure during the press, until my arthritis elbows say no more.

veritas629

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Thatta boy, go forth and squish! I bet you get a bunch of wildly different recommendations, like everything else regarding home growing. I'll throw my SOP out there as something to get you started and other people to argue about :D

120um or 90um bags (I haven't noticed a great difference in the results)
82C
First 30sec I very lightly compress to warm up the goods
Then 3mins squish, gradually working up the pressure until my arm complains

I break up the buds with my fingers to about medium blueberry size. DO NOT use a grinder, that was a total fail! Make sure to fill the corners of the bag and along the seems, otherwise rosin gets stuck in there rather than on your wax paper.

GlennT_59

Blooming
User ID
Ah nice looking press 👍 lol I stole my daughters hair straightener one day while she was out just to have a dab in rosin. Was surprised how it worked but very fidly and a pain in the arse to get decent amounts. Hmmmm … I have half the hardware to make one of those 🤔 nooooo, brain, don’t even entertain those thoughts 😂

Good luck and keen to see ya results mate 👍

snapper

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Thatta boy, go forth and squish! I bet you get a bunch of wildly different recommendations, like everything else regarding home growing. I'll throw my SOP out there as something to get you started and other people to argue about :D

120um or 90um bags (I haven't noticed a great difference in the results)
82C
First 30sec I very lightly compress to warm up the goods
Then 3mins squish, gradually working up the pressure until my arm complains

I break up the buds with my fingers to about medium blueberry size. DO NOT use a grinder, that was a total fail! Make sure to fill the corners of the bag and along the seems, otherwise rosin gets stuck in there rather than on your wax paper.
Good info.
What size bags are you using ? and what amounts ? And what size are your plates ?
Thanks.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Give us a review Dotts, when you crank her up. 😎Simple process to produce clean concentrate is appealing

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
Righto...complete nood here...thought ide try flower before hash...

120c, 60sec warm up, 3min slowly compressing....done both same way.

10g bottle tek v 10g compressed flat in mould to fit bag

120c, 60sec warm up, 3min slowly compressing....
20230930_063451.jpg

and away we go...
20230930_064813.jpg

bottle tek..with slight blow out...
20230930_070216.jpg

compressed flat..
20230930_070648.jpg

as the internet said,bottle tek for slightly increased yield...

verdict... 20g cured flower at a guess 60 rh...left with 2.84g...14% return.. this shit is so fukin sticky!!..smoke report to come..
20230930_080812.jpg

yes...i agree..

Love to grow

Foot man
User ID
Righto...complete nood here...thought ide try flower before hash...

120c, 60sec warm up, 3min slowly compressing....done both same way.

10g bottle tek v 10g compressed flat in mould to fit bag

120c, 60sec warm up, 3min slowly compressing....
View attachment 39370

and away we go...
View attachment 39371

bottle tek..with slight blow out...
View attachment 39372

compressed flat..
View attachment 39373

as the internet said,bottle tek for slightly increased yield...

verdict... 20g cured flower at a guess 60 rh...left with 2.84g...14% return.. this shit is so fukin sticky!!..smoke report to come..
View attachment 39374

yes...i agree..
I can do the smoke report already it’s gunna be Fkn awesome😂👍

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
Wow! this is the best!

is far more superior to burning plant material...

better taste, easy to produce, you need fuck all to get ya where you need!

...i have found my vice,

no more plant burning for me!

Rosin all the way!

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
Dab rigging Dotts?
nah not yet, is on my shopping list tho..and one of those electric banger warmer thingys too i reckon...

using this wax pen, nice and convenient when out and about, got me munted at the pub last night :D... i had to sit down at one stage n have a lemonade and catch my breath...:D

....... https://utillian.com/utillian-5-v3.html

and the good ol titanium nail n dome for the bong...

...am looking forward to another 2x 10g press tomorrow...

have already thought of a few ways to improve my presses already :D

..think im gonna enjoy this journey...

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
Have found my utillian dry herb vape a good investment got me off the bong and still powering along at 15 months and up to 1 Doz hits a day.👍

Top Bottom