Pinegrow coco peat.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
I'm gonna give this stuff the flick and go back to canna terra.
Latest batch besides the debris has a fucken shit ton of fly larvae and there hatching fly zombie invasion.
Fucked my latest seed raising effort.
In the words of Oldfox u get what u pay for!
First couple bags no issue,then q.c out the window?
Probably school holiday batch.👬

For a similar price you could be growing in Easy as soil... give it a run :)

R3za92

Baked
User ID
I'm gonna give this stuff the flick and go back to canna terra.
Latest batch besides the debris has a fucken shit ton of fly larvae and there hatching fly zombie invasion.
Fucked my latest seed raising effort.
In the words of Oldfox u get what u pay for!
First couple bags no issue,then q.c out the window?
Probably school holiday batch.👬
Probably covid making it hard/slow to get coco products into the country
So they let quality slip to keep up demand. I’ve got 4 bags sitting so will see how they turn out.

nugget

Blooming
User ID
I've been using this stuff for ages now but couldn't find any so grabbed some 50l h&g coco peat will be interesting to compare. Still as much compacted chunks in the h&g as pinegro, you're gonna get that no matter what if they're on pallets I s'pose 🤷‍♂️

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
I'm at 40 canna terra, 20 coco, 20 perlite and 20 worm castings
Use it right through seedlings 2 harvest
Indoors, I've dropped the Coco altogether out of my mix, and haven't seen a fungus gnat since. I think they breed in the bags ....lol 45% Canna Terra, 45%% perlite, 10% worm castings. I feed all the way through, starting 2 weeks from seed. I tried more perlite (up to 70%) but extra watering schedule didn't increase growth speed. Outdoors, it's soil+ compost in pots. Current round at 41 days veg(flip tomorrow), except for larger 2 ex-mother plants at rear. IMG_20220515_063847548.jpg

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
Indoors, I've dropped the Coco altogether out of my mix, and haven't seen a fungus gnat since. I think they breed in the bags ....lol 45% Canna Terra, 45%% perlite, 10% worm castings. I feed all the way through, starting 2 weeks from seed. I tried more perlite (up to 70%) but extra watering schedule didn't increase growth speed. Outdoors, it's soil+ compost in pots. Current round at 41 days veg(flip tomorrow), except for larger 2 ex-mother plants at rear. View attachment 23885
Great looking plants, and info. Couple of quick Questions.
do u flush towards the end of flower or just feed all the way thru?
do u keep them dark for a couple of days at the end before harvest, or just 12/12 till chop?

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Great looking plants, and info. Couple of quick Questions.
do u flush towards the end of flower or just feed all the way thru?
do u keep them dark for a couple of days at the end before harvest, or just 12/12 till chop?
I never flush unless I stuff up and get a lockout due to overfeeding. A rarity lately, as I tend to underfeed if anything. I've never tried dark period before harvest, so can't comment. After 8 weeks flower if plant is obviously a long flowering sativa, I'll gradually reduce light on timing, each week until harvest.

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
I never flush unless I stuff up and get a lockout due to overfeeding. A rarity lately, as I tend to underfeed if anything. I've never tried dark period before harvest, so can't comment. After 8 weeks flower if plant is obviously a long flowering sativa, I'll gradually reduce light on timing, each week until harvest.
Thanks Old Fox.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Indoors, I've dropped the Coco altogether out of my mix, and haven't seen a fungus gnat since. I think they breed in the bags ....lol 45% Canna Terra, 45%% perlite, 10% worm castings. I feed all the way through, starting 2 weeks from seed. I tried more perlite (up to 70%) but extra watering schedule didn't increase growth speed. Outdoors, it's soil+ compost in pots. Current round at 41 days veg(flip tomorrow), except for larger 2 ex-mother plants at rear. View attachment 23885
Should have acknowledged. @Sedge . Two from your garden in picture. Both Green Crack X Thai Fantasy ( rear LH corner, and middle/right of centre-with pale leaves, constantly hungry). @Kloud9 . Two of your FEM creations in here as well. Zkittles x2 ( front rh corner, and front/left of centre). 👍 Treating them all kindly for you both, as if they were your own children 😉

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Should have acknowledged. @Sedge . Two from your garden in picture. Both Green Crack X Thai Fantasy ( rear LH corner, and middle/right of centre-with pale leaves, constantly hungry). @Kloud9 . Two of your FEM creations in here as well. Zkittles x2 ( front rh corner, and front/left of centre). 👍 Treating them all kindly for you both, as if they were your own children 😉
That’d be the TF side ,,likes higher strength nutes.

Top Bottom