Pinegrow coco peat.

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
This is a cheap and very effective and easy medium to use.Another great aussie product.
Have done 2 runs with this stuff and I'd highly recommend.
Great moisture holding capacity ,super clean medium.
Very similar to canna terra and at $12.50 per 30ltr blows canna out of the ball park.
I think it will go great guns.
I inoculate with seasol potting mix booster.and add perlite.
Coco peat mixes are very versatile and useful for different fertilisers and additives.
You can even go to more the organic with worm castings or ammendments.
One for the Aussie punter✌20220319_103024.jpg20220319_103325.jpg

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

nugget

Blooming
User ID
2nd that is pretty decent stuff it's my go to coco for years now, mix 60/40 perlite and she's good to go no buffering or washing salts out like the shit bunnings blocks it shits all over my local hydro stores pre mixed coco perlite crap too.

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Just tried to have a look and it seems Bunnings are no longer stocking it. Link goes to a dead end and when you search their site it doesn't come up :(

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
I couldn’t get the amount of perlite that I wanted in lockdown so started using pinegrow mixed with potting mix and some perlite that I had left over ..it went ok and I’m on my second run using it.

nugget

Blooming
User ID
Just tried to have a look and it seems Bunnings are no longer stocking it. Link goes to a dead end and when you search their site it doesn't come up :(

Fine here but I've heard that other places too

966.jpg

I couldn’t get the amount of perlite that I wanted in lockdown so started using pinegrow mixed with potting mix and some perlite that I had left over ..it went ok and I’m on my second run using it.

I noticed bunnings have started stocking 20 or 25l bags of brunnings brand perlite now instead of the tiny 5l bags.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
I’ve switched to that pinegro coco too. Mixed in with perlite and using them in hempy buckets.
I was tempted to get the 25L perlite but then had a look at the local nursery and grabbed the big 100L bag for $55. Could have got cheaper if I drove around but fuck it. Time is precious.

I’ve also used the coco with seasol potting soil, castings and biochar for some soil grows that I have popped some clones in to keep as mother plants.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Yep, can't go past 100L for $33... last me a good while (y)

Bunnings are taking the piss with perlite prices, even with the new bigger sizes :mad:
Yeah I'm sure my bunnings has 5lt for $9
Fuck I get 100lt for $45 from me local hydro shop

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Have you tried Rocky Point Coco PRO? It's pretty similar to what you've made yourself.

I was interested, so gave it a shot with an auto in a 8L pot. Unfortunately it's got feckin' slow release prills in it, but they didn't interfere too much as I wasn't go hard with extra nutes. Fed her just water & a feed of fish+kelp once a fortnight

It did alright for the little to no effort I put into her, and I was happy enough that I plan to use it in a small outdoor bed for a DB seed run.

Could be worth a look (y)

Last edited:

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Rather make my own mix up than pay someone else to do it ,,but I just might end up back with perlite and vermiculite,, dunno .

EDIT,that perlite in Benalla is cheap ,,sounds too cheap ?

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
I'm gonna give this stuff the flick and go back to canna terra.
Latest batch besides the debris has a fucken shit ton of fly larvae and there hatching fly zombie invasion.
Fucked my latest seed raising effort.
In the words of Oldfox u get what u pay for!
First couple bags no issue,then q.c out the window?
Probably school holiday batch.👬

Top Bottom