Parliamentary petitions requesting Random Drug Testing laws provide exemptions for THC prescribed by a doctor.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Indy

Misfit
User ID
A real estate agent local to the area. I guess they're handling for the State Gov. Funnily enough, it's the same agent that sold it to the Vietnamese syndicate, lol.

EDIT: Sydicate paid $375k June, 2022. State Gov asking $425k October, 2023.

GlennT_59

Blooming
User ID
"Each person was charged with one count each of producing, possessing a dangerous drug (cannabis)"

Electirc chair at a minimum those nasty crinamals !!!

Indy

Misfit
User ID
"Each person was charged with one count each of producing, possessing a dangerous drug (cannabis)"

Electirc chair at a minimum those nasty crinamals !!!

Those ones nabbed were only workers on the site, as to be expected. They averaged 12 months detention each, before they were bought before the courts, and pretty well all of them have recently been released. The one that done the most time was released late last month (October). If I recall correctly.

Sun Ra

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Those ones nabbed were only workers on the site, as to be expected. They averaged 12 months detention each, before they were bought before the courts, and pretty well all of them have recently been released. The one that done the most time was released late last month (October).
Then they get a free one way ticket home after a stint in immigration detention if they don't have permanent residency which I'd very much doubt.

It would be a brave mofo to buy this place and try out another big grow there. The locals and the cops
would be keeping an eye out.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Then they get a free one way ticket home if they don't have permanent residence which I'd doubt.
Yeah, from reading between the lines of a couple of articles, most of them are hanging around and only 3-4 are headed back home. Found that one a bit odd.

One was here on a student visa and if got it right, he got to stay on. :oops:

EDIT: The story goes that they were recruited by some bloke they met in the streets around Cabramatta, and promised a great deal to go work on this farm. But many got screwed over and had pay held from them and told the money was going towards their food & accommodation. That's what the student come out with, and said he was only paid 2k of the 7k promised to him.

I guess that'd be a common theme with these Vietnamese syndicates.

Last edited:

Sun Ra

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Yeah, from reading between the lines of a couple of articles, most of them are hanging around and only 3-4 are headed back home. Found that one a bit odd.

Anyone on a visa would have had it cancelled if they got sentenced to 12 months or more.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Anyone on a visa would have had it cancelled if they got sentenced to 12 months or more.
That's what i would've thought. It can only be 3 reasons for it..

1. Gov going soft like they released 80 from detention yesterday.
2. The Journo got it wrong
3. I fucked up

shrugs

Sun Ra

Baked
Community Member
User ID

EDIT: The story goes that they were recruited by some bloke they met in the streets around Cabramatta, and promised a great deal to go work on this farm. But many got screwed over and had pay held from them and told the money was going towards their food & accommodation. That's what the student come out with, and said he was only paid 2k of the 7k promised to him.

I guess that'd be a common theme with these Vietnamese syndicates.
I think in the smaller grow house operations in Vic and SA the student visa dudes get paid OK - around $1K per week of which they send most of it home. Much more than they earn at home. Do it for 2 or 3 years before you get caught and get your free trip home and you're laughing.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Several hundreds of kilograms a week they say! 🤔
Must be those magical plants that produce buds weekly!!

Fuck me the media is not only fucking stupid but they are actually incompetent!!
They’re using light dep so they’ll be harvesting every week or 2 just to keep the workload manageable.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
town population 33
they must of all worked at the cannabis farm 😂
Even the media reported that "the locals would've never known it was there". Pigs arse, this is regional Australia, and a old Timber and Sawmill area at that where everyone knows everyone else's business. This would've been grapevine news well before the coppers got a sniff of whats going on, lol.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
They’re using light dep so they’ll be harvesting every week or 2 just to keep the workload manageable.
Having a look at the article I didn't see anything there that could black out one of those giant tunnels!
Obviously that's the only way it could be achieved.
Looked like all plants were at the same stage though or they just not showing the entire setup! 🤔

Indy

Misfit
User ID
I have seen it before, it's most likely the ones that you see covered in white, where it's probably like panda film, white one side, black on the other. It was a pre-dawn raid on this one, so its probably why it looks odd that the covers are still over those igloo's at that time of day.

https%3A%2F%2Fvms-network-images-prod.s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com%2F2023%2F11%2F548570%2Fpickerimage.jpg

EDIT: Here's a pic from the bust i posted a couple of days ago..

ngfdtds.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom