One drop gone legal after 50 years of be illegal

seeded

Vegetating
User ID
So if they testing for level of impairment what is the level. Do they even have a machine that can do that??
I personally don't want a heap of stoned cunts driving around!!
No fucking way can you drive as well stoned as ya can straight!!
They can't test for impairment accurately like they can with alcohol which is why the pigs are against it. If it were a matter of blowing into a machine and getting a read out they'd give their approval but they can only detect the presence of it and not get an actual number nor account for tolerance issues or anything else like that.

There's actually been a few studies done that show cannabis use actually makes people safer drivers. Obviously this isn't true for cunts completely off their guts but a few cones before heading out not only never hurt anyone it's very likely saved lives by slowing people down, making them more paranoid about fucking up which keeps them more alert and increases distances between vehicles, etc. Now yes cannabis isn't ideal for long trips, going super fast and needing lightning quick reflexes, etc. but most people aren't race car drivers and rarely drive more than an hour at a time. Honestly if we gave a proper shit about road safety we'd mandate that everyone has a coffee and a couple cones before heading off to work, school, the shops, etc. for those types of daily vehicle use and sobriety for when doing road trips and the like.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
They can't test for impairment accurately like they can with alcohol which is why the pigs are against it. If it were a matter of blowing into a machine and getting a read out they'd give their approval but they can only detect the presence of it and not get an actual number nor account for tolerance issues or anything else like that.

There's actually been a few studies done that show cannabis use actually makes people safer drivers. Obviously this isn't true for cunts completely off their guts but a few cones before heading out not only never hurt anyone it's very likely saved lives by slowing people down, making them more paranoid about fucking up which keeps them more alert and increases distances between vehicles, etc. Now yes cannabis isn't ideal for long trips, going super fast and needing lightning quick reflexes, etc. but most people aren't race car drivers and rarely drive more than an hour at a time. Honestly if we gave a proper shit about road safety we'd mandate that everyone has a coffee and a couple cones before heading off to work, school, the shops, etc. for those types of daily vehicle use and sobriety for when doing road trips and the like.
Drive around any school around 8.30am or 3pm stoned and you'll more than likely kill a child who steps out without looking.
People should have nothing in their system when they are driving.
Saying otherwise is stupid and fucking selfish!!
I watched a pommy show years ago when they tested people's driving after smoking and none of em were better drivers!!
You got any links to these so called studies that show driving stoned makes you a better driver??

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID

Here's one that says your wrong!! Let's see you find one that says otherwise!!

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
It’s a crock of shit the whole testing procedures but yeah I don’t think smashing a cone then going down the shops a good idea.
But if I have and one full vape and no more I usually feel over the effects within a couple of hours. But subsequent tokes change that.
I’m saying that if I had one after work but then needed to go to the shops I feel I would be ok after 2 hours to do so.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
You can legally have some alcohol in your system (.05), but apparently there's no safe max amount/limit of cannabis ( except Tassie) Alcohol impairs driving too. Imho, it's not black and white. If I've had a joint 3-4 hours ago, I don't feel impaired driving hours after its effects have worn off.

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
hey seeded, have you personally seen those case studies? If so can you point me towards them. Wouldn’t mind checking them out

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
You can legally have some alcohol in your system (.05), but apparently there's no safe max amount/limit of cannabis ( except Tassie) Alcohol impairs driving too. Imho, it's not black and white. If I've had a joint 3-4 hours ago, I don't feel impaired driving hours after its effects have worn off.
i see it this way too. Additionally, It’s complex with so many variables.
some ppl have massive tolerance, and some non at all and get stoned just sniffing someone else’s toke.
THC levels differ, strain type and it’s effects.

i could image if it got decriminalized, there would probably be a movement to invest in effective testing, but I suspect we are someways off that, until governments and private companies start to conduct deep research into canna.

at the moment it’s too easy for governments to say it’s illegal, that way they don’t have to do anything about it.

I’m guessing it’s started, but i don’t see anything other than medical canna industry which is nothing more than a money grab by the commercial sector. Why am I so skeptical?

seeded

Vegetating
User ID
To be honest I'm drunk and cbf googling shit for you fellas but I won't leave you without at least some proof that what I said was correct though make of it what you will given it was an actual driving test and not some in lab shit that gives facts and figures that you can point to.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
i see it this way too. Additionally, It’s complex with so many variables.
some ppl have massive tolerance, and some non at all and get stoned just sniffing someone else’s toke.
THC levels differ, strain type and it’s effects.

i could image if it got decriminalized, there would probably be a movement to invest in effective testing, but I suspect we are someways off that, until governments and private companies start to conduct deep research into canna.

at the moment it’s too easy for governments to say it’s illegal, that way they don’t have to do anything about it.

I’m guessing it’s started, but i don’t see anything other than medical canna industry which is nothing more than a money grab by the commercial sector. Why am I so skeptical?
I feel it would be to opposite once decriminalisation happens.
They will in the short term increase MDT to counteract the lack of revenue from cannabis arrests.

“Sure you can smoke it but we’ll get you for driving buddy”

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
yep indeed it is but I feel if we all did it the laws will change quicker....
And that was exactly my theory One Drop, from the very start. There's lots out there who want to bitch'n'moan about legal access, but then when the opportunity arises to get legal access, they still want to bitch'n'moan and do SFA about it. WTF. Initially the costs were twice as much as they are today. Those costs have only come down because they have enough customers to cover their costs, otherwise we'd still be paying $200/5g.

There wasn't a hope in hell of obtaining free and unfettered access. The govt wouldn't allow that, in my opinion it had to go down the medical route. And here we go, here's medical access... But if people don't get involved the govt will turn around and say "See, we gave them restricted access and there was no demand, so we'll revert back to the former prohibition rules..." That might be a little extreme but we don't want them to revert anywhere, we want them to progress. The only way that's gonna happen is if people participate and here's **YOUR** opportunity. Make it happen.

F

freddie

I decided to get my medical cannabis script it was easy as and in Tassie we can drive while under the influence first state to have that rule should of see the cops face this morning when he read my medical certificate hahahahaha so fucking funny 😁
Good for you. I've done it myself.

While you can drive with it in your system, driving high is not a good idea. It is still illegal to drive if you are under the influence enough to impair your driving, as with any other script.

Not sure about Tassie's actual laws but in QLD there is a distinction.
here are two possible drug driving charges in Queensland either;

-driving whilst a relevant drug is in the system; or
-driving under the influence of a drug (“DUI”)

Last edited by a moderator:

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Was reading somewhere lately they were talkin bout some sort of roadside sobriety test, along the line of standing on one leg ,eyes shut n touch ya nose with ya finger 😃..

I can't do that stone cold sober 🤣

Edit: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.abc.net.au/article/101158614
Yeah they mentioned that in the viddie too (I won't lie I tried it and it was a bit difficult :ROFLMAO:).

They go over measuring impairment a fare bit. There is some very interesting data and figures being provided by the experts giving evidence to the panel. They've done a suprising amount of research on the subject already here in Australia, considering how relatively "new" it is.

Kneeko

Blooming
User ID
Im in Tas and also got my canna script recently..... Super easy but I do have legit heath concern to treat....

I didnt get a piece of paper to wave in front of coppers though... it was an elctronic script sent straight to pharmacy...
How’d you get the piece of paper One drop ?

One Drop

Curing
User ID
Im in Tas and also got my canna script recently..... Super easy but I do have legit heath concern to treat....

I didnt get a piece of paper to wave in front of coppers though... it was an elctronic script sent straight to pharmacy...
How’d you get the piece of paper One drop ?
They send a card to put in your wallet to carry all the time

veritas629

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
I'm a legal medical cannabis user in TAS (2yrs) and I've never heard of this card? I've searched for such a thing and chatted with doctors, but not police, and never had any luck. Who issues it and how do I get one?

Pikey

Baked
User ID
To the best of my knowledge, the TGA does not issue any MC cards. From what I've seen so far, only AleternaLeaf give their customers a "Patient Card" which while holding zero legal weight, it could prove helpful none the less.

Top Bottom