New Home Page

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

R3za92

Baked
User ID
There was a home/landing page when the site first started, but ended up removing it, cant actually recall why.

I think it is needed for people landing on the page for the first time, give them a bit of an idea what the place is about?... Though I guess it is pretty obvious. lol.

For regular users it should not matter would it? just navigate straight to the forums link, not the home page?
Pretty much. Most sites use it to confirm people are “of legal age”. Obviously an “I am over 18” button keeps those 16 year olds out.

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
Community Member
User ID
@Anoma care to chime in?
I am probably an edge case, I'm on a 24 inch monitor set at 2560x1440 so what I see is not the average experience people have. I have also never looked at it on mobile so I don't know what it looks like.

That being said though, I use dark mode and the frame of the comment section is a pretty good size. As some of you may know it's an unwritten rule in programming to not have lines of text that are too long because it makes it hard to read and I think the length of the lines at the moment are a good length.

As far as the home page goes, I don't know if the site needs one but if it does then here's an idea for a design of what could be on it.

Untitled.png

At least that way you could add sections to give new people an idea of what they're signing up for. Personally I'd stay away from making it too weed heavy (background pictures of leaves, etc), keep that stuff for the inside of the website in case people want to browse in public or at work or whatever. At least people know that if they click on someone's grow diary then there'll be pictures of weed but some other topics you know are safe to view when others are around.

I haven't had much time to think about but if you really think it's needed then we can all put our heads together, maybe a few designs and vote on which one looks the best and most functional.

Zorro_7

Blooming
User ID
You are so beautiful to me anoma. I'll be a purple panzy for you. Yours sincerely coco loco.

P.S. I apologise to you like Oz sit com homeaway style oh baby.

Biggest dickhead on the forums 2021 or else fergie. I request. Antipanti.

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
Community Member
User ID
You are so beautiful to me anoma. I'll be a purple panzy for you. Yours sincerely coco loco.

P.S. I apologise to you like Oz sit com homeaway style oh baby.

Biggest dickhead on the forums 2021 or else fergie. I request. Antipanti.
I have a sneaking suspicion that Jim Lahey was reincarnated as Zorro_7

Mod

Administrator
Staff member
User ID
All the pics look like this on my phone now.View attachment 13157
I think that's just you. Anyone else confirm?

It looks like your browser only downloaded half the image.

That change only affected media uploaded during the window. Previous media was not altered (I hope!!)

What's the URL of the page you posted? Or an affected page/image?

Mod

Administrator
Staff member
User ID
I am probably an edge case, I'm on a 24 inch monitor set at 2560x1440 so what I see is not the average experience people have. I have also never looked at it on mobile so I don't know what it looks like.

That being said though, I use dark mode and the frame of the comment section is a pretty good size. As some of you may know it's an unwritten rule in programming to not have lines of text that are too long because it makes it hard to read and I think the length of the lines at the moment are a good length.

As far as the home page goes, I don't know if the site needs one but if it does then here's an idea for a design of what could be on it.

View attachment 13160

At least that way you could add sections to give new people an idea of what they're signing up for. Personally I'd stay away from making it too weed heavy (background pictures of leaves, etc), keep that stuff for the inside of the website in case people want to browse in public or at work or whatever. At least people know that if they click on someone's grow diary then there'll be pictures of weed but some other topics you know are safe to view when others are around.

I haven't had much time to think about but if you really think it's needed then we can all put our heads together, maybe a few designs and vote on which one looks the best and most functional.
Lol no 1080p for you!
Simple framework there, can easily be done now that I've set max width to 1920px.
I'll keep the homepage design inside the forum so I can make use of its features without API calls. Keeps the style the same too.

Sugar

Baked
User ID
I've not noticed any difference in what you did. All good my end thanks.
Are you able to add extra stuff under headings and sub headings and make changes as needed?
What are you thinking of doing now?
I'm not particularly keen on a home page of ads which I will block anyway and unless of real benefit to community as a Sponsor then why have them as an extra annoyance?
I'm interested to know what you are intending of doing and glad you are doing so.

Top Bottom