Nebulus Kush - leaves🤔

RidingOnwards

Vegetating
User ID
I just went through an over-watering issue, back on track now. Your plants look a lot like mine did and mine were growing slower than is usual. The top of my soil was dry and I dismissed over-watering. When I eventually dug down, the top was dry, but the bottom layer of soil too wet. I'm not an expert in cannabis pests, but those look like fungus gnats. Fungus gnats go hand in hand with over-watering soil. Skip a watering or two and see if they perk up. Took about a week for me.
Ok
Thanks for advice

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
answering your queries

yes I mixed with perlite, searles premium potting mix, I’ve used this before like this with great success, bit baffled why it’s like this now.

I had yellow mats in there early on cos there were some bugs which seem to be a freebie with all these potting mixes🙄. However I thought the mats had got them, plus I did a light neem drench also, but pic attached of the critters caught.
Could it be over nuted with Searles Premium, I've been down this road with Searles 👍

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
I just went through an over-watering issue, back on track now. Your plants look a lot like mine did and mine were growing slower than is usual. The top of my soil was dry and I dismissed over-watering. When I eventually dug down, the top was dry, but the bottom layer of soil too wet. I'm not an expert in cannabis pests, but those look like fungus gnats. Fungus gnats go hand in hand with over-watering soil. Skip a watering or two and see if they perk up. Took about a week for me.
Gnat larvae strangling nutes
Edit,,,,Roots

RidingOnwards

Vegetating
User ID
Could it be over nuted with Searles Premium, I've been down this road with Searles 👍
Yeah possibly, can’t say I’m impressed with it this time round, I have had a few plants all same, trying to find common denominator, I haven’t changed much from previous grows which were ok.
thinking when I do water again, might skip the ph ING, in case that’s the area, have different, though supposedly better meter than before.

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
Yeah possibly, can’t say I’m impressed with it this time round, I have had a few plants all same, trying to find common denominator, I haven’t changed much from previous grows which were ok.
thinking when I do water again, might skip the ph ING, in case that’s the area, have different, though supposedly better meter than before.
I'm using it too for the LAST fkn time....I was thinking about going Rocky Point and compost next outdoor run!

Also have you ruled out gnat larvae around your roots,that can cause big issues!!!

Good luck 🤞 with it man.

RidingOnwards

Vegetating
User ID
Try some specific cannabis medium and eliminate a lot of your grow issues and guess work.

If you've got decent seeds give them a decent medium and get great flowers .
Bunnings grow media is limiting your results.
I just want to see you guys with good medicine.✌️
Yeah I agree.
I should do so. In past I’ve been ok with the higher quality potting mixes.

I have to stick with soil as I have to go away frequently so has to be able to few days on own. Hence why not gone hydro.

Also not living metro, things not as readily available so have to rely on post which can be exy.

Open to recommendations on soil that I can obtain mail order🤔

Thanks

veritas629

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
If you are open to some DIY, Cootes-type DIY mixes are tried & true. 1/3 compost, 1/3 peat, 1/3 aeration + amendments. The amendments can be bought online as a kit from places like Organic Garden Solutions. This has worked pretty well for me. The hardest part was finding some good compost, but I've now found a few local sources of worm casting.

RidingOnwards

Vegetating
User ID
If you are open to some DIY, Cootes-type DIY mixes are tried & true. 1/3 compost, 1/3 peat, 1/3 aeration + amendments. The amendments can be bought online as a kit from places like Organic Garden Solutions. This has worked pretty well for me. The hardest part was finding some good compost, but I've now found a few local sources of worm casting.
Thanks , starts getting bit harder mixing this n that.
If I can find a good all in one be great.
Trouble is everywhere says theirs is best.
Nothing like a recommendation by someone who’s actually used it.
Cheers

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
I don’t know ,,it wouldn’t hurt but first thing I think of is that is that you won’t know how wet the original medium is ,you might see the new medium needing a drink but what you transplanted won’t dry at the same rate,,so either do transplant and do guess work on when to water,or wait till next crop.

RidingOnwards

Vegetating
User ID
I don’t know ,,it wouldn’t hurt but first thing I think of is that is that you won’t know how wet the original medium is ,you might see the new medium needing a drink but what you transplanted won’t dry at the same rate,,so either do transplant and do guess work on when to water,or wait till next crop.
Yeah I’ll have a think
This has just threw me, I’ve had good grows on it before and osmocote premium, had a pretty decent northern lights on a scrog net too, but think that was on the old oz stoners

But yeah def need to stop using this stuff it’s gone downhill

Thanks for advice

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
Potting mix on its own is not very good.
This isn’t hard to mix up,,and does fine for me.

1 part this
View attachment 33985

3 parts this
View attachment 33986

And 1 part Perlite

drains well coz only 1/5 potting mix
Actually I've been a Searles fan also but it's run it's race , I like the look of the above , may be an option. Mite use outside pots but goi ng coco and perlite inside , I have seen a lot of big flowers coming from coir Perlite and amendments if required. Good 🤞 luck bro..

My 2c repot into the above!

veritas629

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Thanks , starts getting bit harder mixing this n that.
If I can find a good all in one be great.
Trouble is everywhere says theirs is best.
Nothing like a recommendation by someone who’s actually used it.
Cheers

This is what I'm using. I add some other stuff, but that's because I like tweaking stuff. It's good stuff used just as directed.

RidingOnwards

Vegetating
User ID
So bit of an update, tossed the soil n transplanted into coco pearlite mix, bit of a risk but grow was going south fast anyway.

Looking heaps better, quick pic, along with my various lighting options, cfl, hps and led.

Moving off the hps plants love it but chews power and causes heating issues, might move to once colder to combat low temps I’ll see.

Attachments

• IMG_3682.jpeg
    IMG_3682.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3684.jpeg
    IMG_3684.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 15
Top Bottom