Nebulus Kush - leaves🤔

RidingOnwards

Vegetating
User ID
So here’s my nebulus kush in searles n pearlite.
Around day 70
Seemed to be going ok but recently got few lower leaves yellow, mostly fell off seems generally ok.
Not sure if cal mag deficiency?

This pic taken just after watering rear plant bit limp cos needed water, normally pretty upright leaves like front one.

Generally use ph’d rain water, every second or third I use a half strength feed of general hydro veg nutes, pretty weak mixture as not hydro grow obviously.

Might add in low strength cal mag next time I add feed.

Attachments

• IMG_3536.jpeg
    IMG_3536.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 52

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

VinDeezle

Baked
User ID
Are you sure that's day 70? If so you have bigger issues. Watering schedule seems to be ass up, and usually I'll have 6-7 nodes out by the third week. Something's definitely off.

This was at day 35, half the age in Bunnings mix on tap water.
IMG_20230406_175107.jpg
What's your parameters? (Temps, humidity, light intensity)

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
So here’s my nebulus kush in searles n pearlite.
Around day 70
Seemed to be going ok but recently got few lower leaves yellow, mostly fell off seems generally ok.
Not sure if cal mag deficiency?

This pic taken just after watering rear plant bit limp cos needed water, normally pretty upright leaves like front one.

Generally use ph’d rain water, every second or third I use a half strength feed of general hydro veg nutes, pretty weak mixture as not hydro grow obviously.

Might add in low strength cal mag next time I add feed.
It looks very over watered!
How often are you watering and how much?

VinDeezle

Baked
User ID
Gotta agree with porky there, looks like overwatering in my eyes, but you reckon it was dry and wilted from lack of water.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Gotta agree with porky there, looks like overwatering in my eyes, but you reckon it was dry and wilted from lack of water.
Easiest way to tell between over and under watering is the stem to the fan leaves!! If its still pointing up like the picture but the leaf is all drooped it's over watered if the leaf stem is pointing down at the ground its under watering!!

Madmick

Baked
User ID
and usually I'll have 6-7 nodes out by the third week. Something's definitely off.
Mate that's bullshit and you know it , personally I think you've big noted yourself every chance you have and now you believe it's truth

I like to see how your going to get your average 4 ozs , or 8 is it from that tiny little plant you got atm

Don't worry I ain't the only 1 who thinks this

I'll agree the plant looks OK. Nothing special certainly nothing to brag about , how many threads you got that plant pucs in now

Seriously give it rest

Porky certainly doesn't need any confirmation from you and some of your advice well let's say , rubbish

Actually can you tell me whether there's 1 thread asking for advice where you haven't shared your wisdom

VinDeezle

Baked
User ID
Mate that's bullshit and you know it , personally I think you've big noted yourself every chance you have and now you believe it's truth

I like to see how your going to get your average 4 ozs , or 8 is it from that tiny little plant you got atm

Don't worry I ain't the only 1 who thinks this

I'll agree the plant looks OK. Nothing special certainly nothing to brag about , how many threads you got that plant pucs in now

Seriously give it rest

Porky certainly doesn't need any confirmation from you and some of your advice well let's say , rubbish

Actually can you tell me whether there's 1 thread asking for advice where you haven't shared your wisdom
Cheer up bud.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Watering mainly pure rain water phd to 6 to 6.5, n only water when pots are light as to pick up, usually every 4 or 5 days
How did the plant look before you watered it?? Was it drooped like the pic!
Your soil might hold a lot of water so you might need to water it less often when it's the size it is now but more as it gets bigger!

RidingOnwards

Vegetating
User ID
How did the plant look before you watered it?? Was it drooped like the pic!
Your soil might hold a lot of water so you might need to water it less often when it's the size it is now but more as it gets bigger!
Yeah mate, generally I wait till they are both light to pick up and showing a bit of wilt.
but have to say these aren’t as thriving as usual by this stage.

I will deliberately be super vigilant to ensure dry on this grow now prior to watering.

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Waiting till its dried out can cause it to become hydrophobic , not always but can contribute

Even a cheap moisture meter from I hate to say it bunnings will give a better indication of what happens when you water , check a few depths at different points on the compass

It could be many things , soil ph , whether the mix is too hot for seedlings

Whats the density of your soil , i.e., did you use perlite or similar

Try pushing a skewer into the soil , see how easy it is too hit bottom

Put a yellow sticky pad and see what critters you catch

You're in the best position to work out what's wrong

RidingOnwards

Vegetating
User ID
Waiting till its dried out can cause it to become hydrophobic , not always but can contribute

Even a cheap moisture meter from I hate to say it bunnings will give a better indication of what happens when you water , check a few depths at different points on the compass

It could be many things , soil ph , whether the mix is too hot for seedlings

Whats the density of your soil , i.e., did you use perlite or similar

Try pushing a skewer into the soil , see how easy it is too hit bottom

Put a yellow sticky pad and see what critters you catch

You're in the best position to work out what's wrong
answering your queries

yes I mixed with perlite, searles premium potting mix, I’ve used this before like this with great success, bit baffled why it’s like this now.

I had yellow mats in there early on cos there were some bugs which seem to be a freebie with all these potting mixes🙄. However I thought the mats had got them, plus I did a light neem drench also, but pic attached of the critters caught.

Attachments

• IMG_3543.jpeg
    IMG_3543.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 24

RidingOnwards

Vegetating
User ID
Lift your electricity cord and power board off the floor.💣 Clean out the fallen leaves rotting on top of your medium. ( back plant), and ensure you have a adequate oscillating fan(s) pushing lots of air towards/around those plants.
Yeah cord not normally on floor, plus not hydro so no water in there except what I introduce watering, it’s meant to be behind the side flap, not my usual power setup either, but sure
I get your point it’s bad practice.

fans …. I have a high quality bathroom fan, forger name but it’s good make, shifts heaps air n quiet, extracts through a carbon cyl. Tent doors normally pull in a bit as it sucks air in it’s extracting.
I have a small oscilating fan on floor I usually use bit later in grow but have turned that on now too.

RidingOnwards

Vegetating
User ID
Easiest way to tell between over and under watering is the stem to the fan leaves!! If its still pointing up like the picture but the leaf is all drooped it's over watered if the leaf stem is pointing down at the ground its under watering!!
Hearing what you say Porky, but unless I’m wrong going by that theory these stem to leaves are hanging down suggesting underwatered by that theory. Pic taken just now.
I’m confused🤔

Attachments

• IMG_3545.jpeg
    IMG_3545.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 31

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Hearing what you say Porky, but unless I’m wrong going by that theory these stem to leaves are hanging down suggesting underwatered by that theory. Pic taken just now.
I’m confused🤔
No I mean straight from the stem they are attached to!
She how yours point up from where they attach to the stem!
I know I've posted pics of plants when I've forgotten to water em! Maybe in an old diary on here!!

veritas629

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
I just went through an over-watering issue, back on track now. Your plants look a lot like mine did and mine were growing slower than is usual. The top of my soil was dry and I dismissed over-watering. When I eventually dug down, the top was dry, but the bottom layer of soil too wet. I'm not an expert in cannabis pests, but those look like fungus gnats. Fungus gnats go hand in hand with over-watering soil. Skip a watering or two and see if they perk up. Took about a week for me.

Top Bottom