MMA V the other arts

Hudo

Baked
User ID
The girl got her black belt today I hadn't been for ages the misses been dropping her off. I thought they would be just throwing the correct kicks and punches to what he called out but no. She's took this other poor kid out poor fucker is only yellow belt. They had to try and take each other down and get an arm bar on each other. he didn't even have time to reach out was on his back tapping in about 2 seconds. I just looked at the misses and said WTF was that. I done Karate as a kid for a while but got bored with it and when I used to get in a fight it was fucking useless and I'd revert to boxing. Never gave it a thought how effective jujitsu and wrestling would be

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Good on her! 🥋

I think they should be teaching BJJ to all girls in high school. Nothing more empowering than knowing you can handle yourself in a tricky situation. Give them the ability to make decisions they want, not be pushed into something they don't want to do through fear, intimidation or physicality (y).

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
The girl got her black belt today I hadn't been for ages the misses been dropping her off. I thought they would be just throwing the correct kicks and punches to what he called out but no. She's took this other poor kid out poor fucker is only yellow belt. They had to try and take each other down and get an arm bar on each other. he didn't even have time to reach out was on his back tapping in about 2 seconds. I just looked at the misses and said WTF was that. I done Karate as a kid for a while but got bored with it and when I used to get in a fight it was fucking useless and I'd revert to boxing. Never gave it a thought how effective jujitsu and wrestling would be
Congratulations to your girl achieving her goal,now it's her courage and determination that the future needs , she must have an understanding of back off and stay away or go in and take the fucker down.
Hudo I did a bit of boxing over the years but now it's KNIVES. Remind her to watch her opponents hands at all times , in the ring or unfortunately on the street

Wel done hudo

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
My 3 boys played AFL I coached them from auskicjk till under 12s at Aspley Hornets and my youngest boy made the lions academy, long story but he got tangled up in weed and they booted him 🤡

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
Ffs our children are our future , what are they in for ? They need parents to show them which path to take 🙏

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
My nephew is actually a world champion bjj
Funny. I remember as a kid I’d show him king fu movies and he could imitate the moves ( especially drunken style )
He could also do the same with dancing. As a small kid 4 or 5.
Was a naughty kid failing school until he found martial arts and now I see him winning international fights.

Hudo

Baked
User ID
My son and daughter both do bjj and mu thai training once a week. They 11 and 9.
Heaps of kids do it where they go!
They love it!
Yeah she used to go to gymnastics at pcyc and we had to walk past them training and he asked if she wanted to try a free session and after the first go gymnastics was canned and she can go to MMA 3 times a week for the same price as 1 gymnastics class win win that was 3 years ago

snapper

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
My son and daughter both do bjj and mu thai training once a week. They 11 and 9.
Heaps of kids do it where they go!
They love it!
That's awesome.
The art of 8 weapons and ground attack/control/defence mesh well together.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
My little fella does boxing. Been at it for around 12 months now.

Got his first tournament next weekend, should be interesting ;)
How old is ya son? Didn't think you were allowed to box amateur until 16?
Maybe that's just NSW?
Maybe I'm completely wrong?
Anyway good luck to the little slugger!

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
How old is ya son? Didn't think you were allowed to box amateur until 16?
Maybe that's just NSW?
Maybe I'm completely wrong?
Anyway good luck to the little slugger!

He’s 10 mate. It’s an internal thing with his gym and another local one, so ya probably right about amateur boxing age.

I’ll get a video if they allow it :)

Top Bottom