Mixing salts - diy concentrate bloom nutrient

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
I put diamond special T into hydro buddy, and this is how I would use it to hit the rough current numbers I aim for in flower. Although I use cal nitro ultimate from cambpells basically 20% extra calcium same nitrogen.

Cal Nitro ultra - 0.307g/L
Diamond special T - 0.783g/L
Magnesium Sulphate - 0.473g/L

Should give you ~ 1.8ec in res

N (NO3-)150.396
N (NH4+)0
P30.537
K252.126
Mg59.949
Ca119.652
S94.423
Fe1.174
Mn0.587
Zn0.18
B0.219
Cu0.133
Si0
Mo0.086
Na0
Cl0

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
I put diamond special T into hydro buddy, and this is how I would use it to hit the rough current numbers I aim for in flower. Although I use cal nitro ultimate from cambpells basically 20% extra calcium same nitrogen.

N (NO3-)150.396
N (NH4+)0
P30.537
K252.126
Mg59.949
Ca119.652
S94.423
Fe1.174
Mn0.587
Zn0.18
B0.219
Cu0.133
Si0
Mo0.086
Na0
Cl0
Yeah that looks pretty decent numbers. It's hotter than my current mix but not massively - if anything ratios are shifted about a little. I like the extra K this has in it - it's something I think my schedule lacks. Sweet as

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
Just realised I was a bit stoned and could of punched normal cal nit into it.

Diamond Special t - 0.781 g / L
MagSulf - 0.474 g / L
Cal nitrate (ag grade) - 0.619

gives 1.8 ec.
N (NO3-)153.181
N (NH4+)6.808
P30.468
K251.559
Mg60
Ca117.589
S94.456
Fe1.172
Mn0.586
Zn0.18
B0.219
Cu0.133
Si0
Mo0.086
Na0
Cl0

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
Just realised I was a bit stoned and could of punched normal cal nit into it.

Diamond Special t - 0.781 g / L
MagSulf - 0.474 g / L
Cal nitrate (ag grade) - 0.619

gives 1.8 ec.
N (NO3-)153.181
N (NH4+)6.808
P30.468
K251.559
Mg60
Ca117.589
S94.456
Fe1.172
Mn0.586
Zn0.18
B0.219
Cu0.133
Si0
Mo0.086
Na0
Cl0
Cheers for running that one through also.

Just seen this which might tickle peoples interest regarding this discussion:

Cannabis Hunger Games: nutrient stress induction in flowering stage – impact of organic and mineral fertilizer levels on biomass, cannabidiol (CBD) yield and nutrient use efficiency

R3za92

Baked
User ID

N (NO3-)150.396
N (NH4+)0
P30.537
K252.126
Mg59.949
Ca119.652
S94.423
Fe1.174
Mn0.587
Zn0.18
B0.219
Cu0.133
Si0
Mo0.086
Na0
Cl0
I’d use the cal ultra as well but no one one stocks it near me so went with the yara calcium nitrate.

Hydrobuddy does my head in a little but. What numbers you plugging in at the start to get that result?

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
I’d use the cal ultra as well but no one one stocks it near me so went with the yara calcium nitrate.

Hydrobuddy does my head in a little but. What numbers you plugging in at the start to get that result?
I got it from an ee muir and sons outlet, although wasn't close by.

Happy to plug any numbers you want, when i go to select a substance tab. Added a new one and used the %'s from cambpells site. Only thing I am assuming is that the nitrogen is all nitrate.

Or do you mean which PPM of elements was I targeting?

That hoocho shop is good will prob get some diamond t for veg.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
I got it from an ee muir and sons outlet, although wasn't close by.

Happy to plug any numbers you want, when i go to select a substance tab. Added a new one and used the %'s from cambpells site. Only thing I am assuming is that the nitrogen is all nitrate.

Or do you mean which PPM of elements was I targeting?

That hoocho shop is good will prob get some diamond t for veg.

Yeah I don’t have an ee muir with driving distance, actually don’t have any campbells distributors near me.

After the ppms on the first screen you were targeting.

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
Just what I ended up on, after copying smarter people than me. These PPM numbers are more inline with what Dr Daniel Fernandez from science in hydroponics, I found an online thread with someone who posted some numbers after a consultation with the Dr. Basically copying that and playing around with ratios.

Micros I still use a pre packaged one so I don't have much control.

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Im no expert here but I think a little bit more Phosphorous would be ideal for flowering as the Diamond Special T only has a bit,
That looks great though for veg, come flower though you gotta lower the special t and calcium nitrate and add monopotassium phosphate

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
Yeh something u can certainly do. I use to run ~100ppm of P in solution since dropping it down and MG down during flowering. I found K and Ca uptake is better personally. I am also trying to reduce stretch a bit, so dropping P during early flowering should help me there.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Just what I ended up on, after copying smarter people than me. These PPM numbers are more inline with what Dr Daniel Fernandez from science in hydroponics, I found an online thread with someone who posted some numbers after a consultation with the Dr. Basically copying that and playing around with ratios.

Micros I still use a pre packaged one so I don't have much control.
You got a link to that. Be interesting to have a look at it.

Here is someting I found from netafim might be useful to some people.

View attachment 46152

and for veg

View attachment 46153
Thanks man. This will give me a starting point at the very least that I can tweak as needed.

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
You got a link to that. Be interesting to have a look at it.

Thanks man. This will give me a starting point at the very least that I can tweak as needed.

I don't unfortunately, it was on the future4200 site tho. They even mixed up some big batches of athena to send off for lab analysis in one of the threads.

I'll send you the link on instagram of the iamjuice guy, commercial cultivator in the states. I probably follow his info the most now, especially in regards to ratios etc. He is like slownickel, but actually grows weed well, and isn't trying to market a fertillizer to you :ROFLMAO:

For example, I don't really worry to much about exact PPM of stuff in solution now, I am more interested in general ratios of things like k/ Ca, N/ K, ca/mg. Etc. etc.

Squire

Curing
Community Member
User ID
The 3 grows I have done have been with a formula from Simple Hydroponics A. C. Sundstrom. Old book been around .
He makes up 5 stock solutions. Some people reckon it is a pain but I like it as can adjust individual salts to suit .
1--- 250 grams Magnesium Sulphate 3 g borax and I haven't bothered with the rest of the minor .1 of a gram in 1000 litres
Made up in to 1 litre . 1 ml to the litre
2---- 12.5gram Chelate of iron add to 1 litre . 1ml to the litre
3------200g MAP Mono - ammonium phosphate make up to 2 litre. 2 ml to the litre
4------1kg Calcium nitrate make up to 4 litre . 4ml to the litre
5------600g Potassium nitrate make up to 6 litres. 6ml to the litre.
Need the larger volume to get the salts to dissolve
Cheep as chips .
Suits my stingy ass $18 for a 1000 litres ;) I get about 3days out of a made up 60 litre drum
I grow tomatoes and sweet basil fine it this as well .
I purchased a kg of map beginning of 23 and haven't run out yet :D
I have found the plants grow like mad in vege but salts build up. Plus different companies make there's stronger or weaker.

I have halved No. 1 and 4 and 5 This is working better EC of 1.3
I have made up each solution on its own in 5 litres and tested the EC to come up with this.
Really handy to have water from aircon and dehumidifier with EC 0 to do this .
town water EC.4 and the rain water 25 ppm.
Can't see me using anything else .
Cheers

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
The 3 grows I have done have been with a formula from Simple Hydroponics A. C. Sundstrom. Old book been around .
He makes up 5 stock solutions. Some people reckon it is a pain but I like it as can adjust individual salts to suit .
Neat - I had a copy of that at one point but it's gone walk about. I've got others as well with details on nutrient mixes. I just hadn't been confident or determined enough to go all out on that path. I love that you've got that setup working from the book.

I'm keen to get a digital meter to get more accurate EC/PPM readings as my analog wand starts at 0.4 EC and its coarse otherwise.

With your mix though, have you got any trace elements?

Squire

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Neat - I had a copy of that at one point but it's gone walk about. I've got others as well with details on nutrient mixes. I just hadn't been confident or determined enough to go all out on that path. I love that you've got that setup working from the book.

I'm keen to get a digital meter to get more accurate EC/PPM readings as my analog wand starts at 0.4 EC and its coarse otherwise.

With your mix though, have you got any trace elements?
stock solution 1 recommends adding 1 g manganese, .3 g Zinc sulphate. .1 gram copper sulphate, .1 g sodium molybdate
and .1g sodium chloride . which is not a lot for 1000 litres . Near impossible to measure .1 of a gram. so I didn't bother and had no problem .
I have a bluelab Truncheon as well as another to compare for EC

Top Bottom