MIGRO Grow light review channel. General discussion, price and availability of reviewed lights in Australia.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
I basically have a 2ft x 2ft space, just for a personal grow and I'm not a heavy consumer so one healthy plant would suit me fine. I also have the option to take the plant out in the sun during the summer... but we're now in winter and am looking to get a light for a head start during the colder months.

I'm looking for the best bang for buck for a mini or micro grow.

j
Get a HLG Rspec 100w from quick bloom the sponsor at the bottom of the page!
Great little light.

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
nah bro, remember i cut a hole in the bottom of the tent for more height. That pic is when i should have switched to 12/12. lol

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Get a HLG Rspec 100w from quick bloom the sponsor at the bottom of the page!
Great little light.

Yep, good advice and you will get a local for any warranty or repairs, not having to deal with someone in China.

looking at ebay the price difference is negligible, so would not bother with the extra hassles. There may be a discount that applies to this one too, check out the QBL thread.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Sydney.

Oh you mean 'we're' in Autumn :p

You could've fooled me! ;)

To be precise we in Sydney are in Marrai'gang, (wet becoming cooler)
The time of the year when the cries of the Marrai'gang (Quoll) seeking his mate can be heard through the forests and woodlands and when the lilly pillys ripen on the trees. However, when the lilly pillys start to fall, it is time to mend the old warm cloaks from last cold season or make new ones and begin the yearly trek to the coastal areas.

170137800_121999726645219_3943030746023711283_n.png

Indigenous Seasonal Descriptions

D'harawal Calendar

j
Probably won't here that sound any more because fucking feral cats have pretty much made the poor little quoll extinct. šŸ˜”

• Sad
Reactions: Jaz

Jaz

Curing
User ID
I got a little Mars TS1000 and it vegs a 0.8mx0.8m tent just fine.

Very nice!
I'm thinking maybe I should go for some smaller autoflowering breeds.

I could extend my space a little along the width but I can only go 0.6m deep, unless of course I find another area inside, perhaps laundry. Right now I'm just starting off (again) and not wanting to go too wild with my grow.

I haven't flowered with it
Keep us updated.

This guy's grow seems rather amazing for a 2 x 2 tent.

j

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
I will never flower with it mate, so wont be an update there.

ohh and forget autos.

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
How do you do this; add more lights or use another unit completely?

j

Just a different space mate. Veg in the smaller tent with the small light.

Move plants to larger space and smash them with photons :)

Pikey

Baked
User ID
I notice quite a few ViparSpectra lights on eBay from an Aus. distributor.

The XS1000 is < $200, a nice compact unit and the seller has one at a low price - 8 bids, expires in a day or so; at time of writing.

The VB1000 with separate driver and remote control is even cheaper @ $125, they don't have the heat sink on top of the lights but may not need it due to the segmented configuration and the PPFD isn't as high as the XS1000. There is also one at a low price up for bidding - 5 bids, expires in a couple of days.

Great bang for buck if you get one cheap.

j
I picked up a ViparSpectra VB1500 for $80 a while ago and chucked a couple of regs under it in a spare 2x2 to see what it could do. It was a fairly neglected grow in 4.5L pots, but did produce some ok results running the light @ 100% the whole way through.

To be honest they're actually not a terrible light (IMHO). It uses the, slightly older, Samsung LM281B+ chips powered by a Meanwell XLG-150-H-AB dimmable driver. Heatsink leaves a bit to be desired, but is no different to the SF series lights. The results were never going to win any awards, but it did produce some nice tight buds for an $80 light & no effort.

VB1500-VEG[SML].pngVB1500-EF[SML].pngVB1500-FL01[SML].pngVB1500-FL02[SML].pngVB1500-CHOP[SML].pngVB1500-HANG[SML].png

It could never take the place of my HLG (or any HLG) :ROFLMAO: But as far as an $80 light goes, I wasn't unimpressed.

I've got a Viparspectra XS1000 aswell that I've never used, having a look at it there is a definate upgrade in build quality over the VB light. It has the newer LM301B diodes, a much better heatsink (HLG style with fins) and the same Meanwell driver with a mounted potentiometer. Haven't tried it yet (and probably won't anytime soon)... don't even know why I bought it (I do... it was $60 and I was bored/very high) :ROFLMAO:

Jaz

Curing
User ID
i bought this from Migro because:
(shane is an excellent source of knowledge and he backs up what he says with testing and actual data, using industry standard testing equipment)

Shane from Migro is great to deal with and delivery from Ireland to the Southern Hemisphere takes about a week or so.

I ended up biting the bullet on this, purchased an Aray 2 Pro. The 10% Aray Sale currently on the Migro site helped me decide - discount code MIGROSALE.

To give you a rundown, the purchase confirmation was emailed to me Saturday morning shortly after purchase.
It was a weekend and shipment information was sent Monday 8.25pm AEST, it was picked up by the courier @ 3 hours later.
I just received it @ half an hour ago, 2.5 days is an incredible delivery service and I can't wait to fire this baby up!

WP_20220407_10_51_24_Pro.jpg

j

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
I ended up biting the bullet on this, purchased an Aray 2 Pro. The 10% Aray Sale currently on the Migro site helped me decide - discount code MIGROSALE.

To give you a rundown, the purchase confirmation was emailed to me Saturday morning shortly after purchase.
It was a weekend and shipment information was sent Monday 8.25pm AEST, it was picked up by the courier @ 3 hours later.
I just received it @ half an hour ago, 2.5 days is an incredible delivery service and I can't wait to fire this baby up!

View attachment 22706

j
Well done. Let me know how you go

Top Bottom