MIGRO Grow light review channel. General discussion, price and availability of reviewed lights in Australia.

RiverRat

Blooming
User ID
THinking about biting the bullet and buying a proper led light so thought a thread based on this review channel would help us work out which lights are the best bang for buck.

I'll kick it off with his latest vid on the Spider Farmer SE 7000.

Last edited:

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

vostok

Blooming
User ID
strange how the review channel totally supports their own in house brands

130w grows are way to small for most growers even if led
but then again if I were growing in dad's ol beer fridge Id be first in line for one of these Irish globes!

Jaz

Curing
User ID
Great thread, I'm thinking about getting a light for a 0.6m x 0.6m space. I like both Migro vids and came across AlboPepper's reviews. Here's part 2:

Part 1:

I'm liking the Migro Aray and Atreum Hydra 1000 from what I've gleaned from the vids.

Keen to hear your own experiences.

Edit: I can't seem to find the Atreum available anywhere.

j

Last edited:

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
Jasp.

I have a different light to the one your looking at I think, but I can talk about my experience with Migro and my take on their designs and product. here is my 2 cents On Migro.

I’m using the migro array 3. 275w 3 bar led array, with an external dimmable controller.

i bought this from Migro because:
(shane is an excellent source of knowledge, and he backs up what he says with testing and actual data, using industry standard testing equipment)

the dimmable controller can be located outside the tent. I love this as I dont have to be concerned about another heat source adding to the internal tent totals that I need to manage.

If I follow his suggested lighting heights, it gives the coverage I need, with the performance, efficiency and ppfd output I need to successfully veg and flower at a reasonable cost.
ongoing running costs using 275w aren’t going to break my bank When running at full tilt during flower.
The specs stack up for me and my small tent.

Shane from Migro is great to deal with and delivery from Ireland to the Southern Hemisphere takes about a week or so.

Jaz

Curing
User ID
I bought this from Migro because:
(Shane is an excellent source of knowledge, and he backs up what he says with testing and actual data, using industry standard testing equipment)

the dimmable controller can be located outside the tent. I love this as I don't have to be concerned about another heat source adding to the internal tent totals that I need to manage.

I agree and have to consider if the Migro is worth the extra outlay but taking into account efficiency and cost per W after use, it seems to pay off.

I go back to the days of Gro-Lux tubes but I haven't had a proper grow in decades and am thinking of taking up this hobby again.

Where can I read up more on dimming? ... if you know a good thread.

j

Last edited:

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
The array 4 is a little bigger in footprint than my array 3, but less output I think. 240w vs 275w.

whilst I really love Migro, it is worth checking out all the options so you are comfortable with your decision.
when I was looking for my first light, I looked and considered 20+ brands, models.

with dimming, if you do a search on this site, you will see some suggestions from various members. From what I’ve seen, the view appears to be that dimming is mostly for seedling stage. and that would be dependant upon how strong/powerful your light is, vs what height you hang your light. a lot of ppl don’t use dimmers. I think they are handy to have personally.

The guys here are great. And lots of knowledge. There are a few here that are into spider farmer, amongst many others

I reckon if you find a kit that has everything you need. Maybe ask here what people think of the kit, light brand, model and the price offered. You may find that there are some folks here that could offer solid advice on it, and maybe even around where to buy.

my experience is very limited to the one model of Migro that I have.

Jaz

Curing
User ID
I notice quite a few ViparSpectra lights on eBay from an Aus. distributor.

The XS1000 is < $200, a nice compact unit and the seller has one at a low price - 8 bids, expires in a day or so; at time of writing.

The VB1000 with separate driver and remote control is even cheaper @ $125, they don't have the heat sink on top of the lights but may not need it due to the segmented configuration and the PPFD isn't as high as the XS1000. There is also one at a low price up for bidding - 5 bids, expires in a couple of days.

Great bang for buck if you get one cheap.

j

Jaz

Curing
User ID
0.6m is a small space, how many watts are you after for that size?
I basically have a 2ft x 2ft space, just for a personal grow and I'm not a heavy consumer so one healthy plant would suit me fine. I also have the option to take the plant out in the sun during the summer... but we're now in winter and am looking to get a light for a head start during the colder months.

I'm looking for the best bang for buck for a mini or micro grow.

j

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
I basically have a 2ft x 2ft space, just for a personal grow and I'm not a heavy consumer so one healthy plant would suit me fine. I also have the option to take the plant out in the sun during the summer... but we're now in winter and am looking to get a light for a head start during the colder months.

I'm looking for the best bang for buck for a mini or micro grow.

j

I got a little Mars TS1000 and it vegs a 0.8mx0.8m tent just fine, should do well in a .6m space. only around 100W power draw i think, or maybe 150w. I haent flowered with it, but cannot see why it could not service a space that small adequately.

Reactions: Jaz

Jaz

Curing
User ID
Where in autumn 🍂 bro lol
Sydney.

Oh you mean 'we're' in Autumn :p

You could've fooled me! ;)

To be precise we in Sydney are in Marrai'gang, (wet becoming cooler)
The time of the year when the cries of the Marrai'gang (Quoll) seeking his mate can be heard through the forests and woodlands and when the lilly pillys ripen on the trees. However, when the lilly pillys start to fall, it is time to mend the old warm cloaks from last cold season or make new ones and begin the yearly trek to the coastal areas.

170137800_121999726645219_3943030746023711283_n.png

Indigenous Seasonal Descriptions

D'harawal Calendar

j

Top Bottom