Mars or HLG

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

R3za92

Baked
User ID
What's bin mean Rez? ✌🏻
Essentially all the diodes are sorted into groups during manufacturing based on how well they where made.

Think of it as a scale of 1-100 where 1 is absolute trash and 100 is a absolutely perfect. Because of how bulk manufacturing works majority of the diodes produced will range from ok to pretty good (60-80). You get a fair few in the really good range (80-90) and not many in the fucking good to perfect range (90+). Obviously there’s a fuckton of garbage made as well and these go into lower bins, the Lowest of the low bins get destroyed mostly because they won’t work or work extremely poorly the rest get flogged off cheap because they simply aren’t as good as the higher bins.

Most China led manufacters like Mars etc are using low to mid bins because they’re a) cheaper, much much cheaper than the top bins and b) there’s more of them available. For every 80+ bin diode made you might get 100 or more under binned diodes.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Thanks for that tutorial Rez. ✌🏻
No problem. A lot of people don’t realise that just because different manufactures say they use the same diodes doesn’t mean they’re the same quality. The world of led diode manufacturing is pretty complicated and deceiving customers is easy.

UpInTheHills

Germinating
User ID
The printed boards might be made in China but the diodes aren’t added to the boards until hlg/gla get them. This is what ensures your actually getting the diodes you pay for vs companies that get their diodes layed by Chinese manufactures.

the actual circuit boards hlg and gla also use generally have a thicker copper layer than many other manufactures.

hlg also get diodes directly off Samsung and get essentially first dibs so are able to get better binned diodes so even companies saying they’re using the same diodes as hlg are generally using a much lower bin than what hlg use so aren’t the same
Isnt samsung based in china though? Wldnt china get these diodes alot cheaper than some american company buying off them, not trying to cause shit but it makes sense to think most parts used on lights assembled in america ard from china, china has access to them directly and probly get them alot cheaper. Though i cld be wrong

UpInTheHills

Germinating
User ID
Isnt samsung based in china though? Wldnt china get these diodes alot cheaper than some american company buying off them, not trying to cause shit but it makes sense to think most parts used on lights assembled in america ard from china, china has access to them directly and probly get them alot cheaper. Though i cld be wrong

This is what made me lean towards the fc6500 (yes my reply probly stunk of bias, doesnt mean im wrong though ha) from what iv read and par readings iv seen and grows iv watched, they reall di look like a good light, i hope do anyway, iv got somd vegging under it now. Il let u know how it goes

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID

This is what made me lean towards the fc6500 (yes my reply probly stunk of bias, doesnt mean im wrong though ha) from what iv read and par readings iv seen and grows iv watched, they reall di look like a good light, i hope do anyway, iv got somd vegging under it now. Il let u know how it goes
Put up some pics?

UpInTheHills

Germinating
User ID
Essentially all the diodes are sorted into groups during manufacturing based on how well they where made.

Think of it as a scale of 1-100 where 1 is absolute trash and 100 is a absolutely perfect. Because of how bulk manufacturing works majority of the diodes produced will range from ok to pretty good (60-80). You get a fair few in the really good range (80-90) and not many in the fucking good to perfect range (90+). Obviously there’s a fuckton of garbage made as well and these go into lower bins, the Lowest of the low bins get destroyed mostly because they won’t work or work extremely poorly the rest get flogged off cheap because they simply aren’t as good as the higher bins.

Most China led manufacters like Mars etc are using low to mid bins because they’re a) cheaper, much much cheaper than the top bins and b) there’s more of them available. For every 80+ bin diode made you might get 100 or more under binned diodes.
Sorry, i didnt see this, i stand corrected

2dogs84

Germinating
User ID
Hey guys I’m new here about to start an indoor grow rdwc just need some help deciding on some lights I wanna go led but can’t decide on what to get if anyone could give their thoughts or opinions on these two lights that would be great

Have neve used anything mars hydro, but I have the scorpion diabolo and it's not cheap but the quality is second to none, it's a fucking heavy light and I have only ever used 70% of the light. American made Vs Chinese made I'd rather give the yanks my money, warranty is good to and hlg have a great name in the industry so if budget allows go hlg

2dogs84

Germinating
User ID
Hey guys I’m new here about to start an indoor grow rdwc just need some help deciding on some lights I wanna go led but can’t decide on what to get if anyone could give their thoughts or opinions on these two lights that would be great

Sorry thought u were referring to the scorpion diablo my bad that's what I have and it's an insane light, but over priced.

Top Bottom