Mars or HLG

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
Hey guys I’m new here about to start an indoor grow rdwc just need some help deciding on some lights I wanna go led but can’t decide on what to get if anyone could give their thoughts or opinions on these two lights that would be great

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Pikey

Baked
User ID
I bought a HLG 260 V2 RED SPEC from Quickbloom last year and I'm very happy with it so far. Great build quality and they were very easy to deal with. If you're looking at the 650R I think there is a forum discount of $75 on that model if that helps make your mind up :)

As for the Mars, I have no first hand knowledge of their new lights... I'd say they are probably getting better than their old shite, but as a rule I tend to give them a miss... the one thing I can comment on though is they (in my opinion) have some pretty shady business practices and their "sales" are often bullshit, so they get a (n) for me.

I'm sure Porky will chime in soon... he knows boats ;)

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
Buy a Mars bar, and get the hlg light, better off getting the good gear first time round saves you time and coin.

What size tent/room you thinking?

Welcome along to mate 👍

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Hey guys I’m new here about to start an indoor grow rdwc just need some help deciding on some lights I wanna go led but can’t decide on what to get if anyone could give their thoughts or opinions on these two lights that would be great

Get the HLG mate!!

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Where are the opposing kits made?
Hlg are American. Mars are china. If you want something quality and Australian look at grow lights Australia’s highlights boards. I’m using the original boards in my current and previous grow/s and I’ve got one of the new 420 boards in my other cupboard and they both go hard.

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
Am I delusional thinking the diodes, heat sinks, circuit boards are all manufactured in China and are just assembled in certain region’s?

Or do hlg and agl source all the components locally?

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
Afaik, HLG sources there diodes from samsung and put it together themselves in the USA but may be wrong.

A company like Grow lights Australia gets most of there diodes from a Japanese company called Nichia, puts em together in Australia.

Mars hydro/ spiderfarmer and all the other chinese ebay lights seem to be made by the same companies and just rebranded with different names/ colours etc. that the different companies want (especially with these multi bar designs coming out). Depending on how many they order will depend on the price to the customer not the quality of products it seems.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Am I delusional thinking the diodes, heat sinks, circuit boards are all manufactured in China and are just assembled in certain region’s?

Or do hlg and agl source all the components locally?
The printed boards might be made in China but the diodes aren’t added to the boards until hlg/gla get them. This is what ensures your actually getting the diodes you pay for vs companies that get their diodes layed by Chinese manufactures.

the actual circuit boards hlg and gla also use generally have a thicker copper layer than many other manufactures.

hlg also get diodes directly off Samsung and get essentially first dibs so are able to get better binned diodes so even companies saying they’re using the same diodes as hlg are generally using a much lower bin than what hlg use so aren’t the same

Top Bottom