Looking to get approved for Medical Cannabis

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
Please forgive my ineptude on this subject, is it aussie growers providing 4 aussies or do they still import all their weed produce from o/s
Surely if some way 4 aus growers 2 get in on cash cow ?
It ain't ineptitude... ...you've got questions you ask. Going at it with no information, that's ineptitude, nah that's just dumb.
You have a resource here in us, so you ask. There's nothing dumb in asking questions.

There's a few 'Depends' to answer that one Bob.
Some canna dr's have a network or recommendations, Some have a preferred supplier and some just go by % THC/CBD.
One of mine came from Netherlands, two from cannada and two Aussie. One of the Canadian is called Sunshine Coast, but it aint grown here. The other Canadian is called Potts Point, but again, nothing to do with Pots Point in Sydney, so a bit deceptive.

I've just found out there is chemists supplying under concession (15gm/$90), but I need to investigate on the criteria and authorities required for such access.

Last edited:

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Just seems a no brainer 2 offer all attributes and incentives 2 in-house aus reps
This is gonna be one of highest cash crops 2 investors in aus marketing since Govt war bonds in WW2
Its a win win 4 govt so why not give aus growers same incentives 2 move ahead
Close out all foreign contracts and give battlers a leg up

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
3 Big Growing Labs in Toowoomba, Bundaberg and Sunny Coast. Plus another one meant to be setting up in Molendinar (Southport Industrial), that will process it in Southport somewhere. That's the one's I know about. Don't know there exact locations. Just shit i've read over the years..
Big US firm starting in Caboolture too Indy..

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
...Its a win win 4 govt...
Ahh now, who last had the keys to setup the canna regulations, the Liberals
And who are the Liberals most likely to assist? Big business and let's face it, you can't get much bigger then BIG pharma.
They've set it up that only the big boys with BIG $$$$$$$ can play. The regulations, the security that's got to be in place, the inspections and facility oversight etc etc, all the sort of regulation the big pharmas already play by, so for them it's just an extension. For any new players, good luck, you're going to need some VERY deep pockets. There's none of this 'growin a couple beauties in the back shed' sort of setups.

In SA there was words floating around that part of the old Holden site was going to be used or the former Fauldings Pharma complex, but I haven't heard anything more about that. Both premises are now vacant and already have the security in place.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Our medicinal cannabis in Aus currently comes from overseas. But that's quickly changing. Industrial grow houses witnin Aus will soon be supplying our local market. Mostly multinational companies with overseas selected CEO and board members, however most production staff will be local Aus labour. Media report last night advised one of the companies is currently recruiting 40 local staff( they interviewed the Canadian CEO currently based in Aus). It's expected that prices will gradually reduce, as local suppliers enter the domestic market. I hope the local staff are members of the "Muller's and Packers" union. 😅

Kee Mao

Baked
User ID
Our medicinal cannabis in Aus currently comes from overseas. But that's quickly changing. Industrial grow houses witnin Aus will soon be supplying our local market. Mostly multinational companies with overseas selected CEO and board members, however most production staff will be local Aus labour. Media report last night advised one of the companies is currently recruiting 40 local staff( they interviewed the Canadian CEO currently based in Aus). It's expected that prices will gradually reduce, as local suppliers enter the domestic market. I hope the local staff are members of the "Muller's and Packers" union. 😅
Been a long time since the term “ mullers and packer’s” has been heard in this house. I’m feeling a wave of middle aged nostalgia right now 😎

Kloud9

Baked
Community Member
User ID
The local med grows are already supplying the Australian market.

F

freddie

Someone posted a good Australian Dispensery link a little while ago, but I can no longer find it.

Also looking for folks input to whose is a good mob to go with, and who to avoid. And what are some good strains for day use, and something for the evenings.

Cheers in advance. (y)
Can't recommend who to go for. I went with travahealth and my pot gets posted from Victoria. No dramas at all, just costly.

I have tried a couple of strains and been a bit disappointed. They are just renamed strains that a lot of us have been growing for years. Cannareviews usually list which cultivar is used. I have an OG Kush that is average, and have used what was meant to be a pure Thai sativa, but was a hybrid as far as I can tell. Both alright but I am reaching for my homegrown more. Also both were imported which shits me. Overall MC is a rip off money making venture. The govt has become the new dealer. However, it gives peace of mind in that I can travel and vape without fear. Can also go to the blues festival for instance, without worrying about sniffer dogs. That kind of thing is good.

Btw, I use quality CBD oil, Sunstone C115 which is fantastic, but pricey. That has been a game changer for my particular ailments. CBD by day, THC by night.

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Why is everyone getting it posted? They will stock it for you at a local chemist with Cannihelp..

F

freddie

Why is everyone getting it posted? They will stock it for you at a local chemist with Cannihelp..
I don't know how all organisations work, but with Travahealth they send my script to a chemist in Victoria. I wasn't given another option. I call them up and they post it to me. I never actually receive a script. In fact I asked for a script and was told they don't do that? Very weird really and I should question them further, but I was just happy to be on the scheme so haven't kicked up a stink (yet). They also have not sent through any invoices, although my name and the price is on the product.
The chemist is always insanely busy and sometimes it takes many calls to get through. I guess the cannabis business is good.

pug

Vegetating
User ID
Someone posted a good Australian Dispensery link a little while ago, but I can no longer find it.

Also looking for folks input to whose is a good mob to go with, and who to avoid. And what are some good strains for day use, and something for the evenings.

Cheers in advance. (y)
girl scout cookie from beacon isn't bad for a night time smoko - about $15 per gram.

i like the plastic container it comes in too, as it holds a fair bit of home grown bud when moving around.:)

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
I don't know how all organisations work, but with Travahealth they send my script to a chemist in Victoria. I wasn't given another option. I call them up and they post it to me. I never actually receive a script. In fact I asked for a script and was told they don't do that? Very weird really and I should question them further, but I was just happy to be on the scheme so haven't kicked up a stink (yet). They also have not sent through any invoices, although my name and the price is on the product.
The chemist is always insanely busy and sometimes it takes many calls to get through. I guess the cannabis business is good.
I would ask them to send you a copy of the script. If you get a knock on the door from po-po, I think they would ask to see your script to confirm that your cannabis is legitimate for medical reasons.

Top Bottom