Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

durban kid

Blooming
User ID
Could be worse... could be on the ol' Bogan Dust™️ :coffee::ROFLMAO:

International_Roast_500g.jpg
what not the roast of champions every site i used to go to had that and only that lol it could have been worse and bushells was served up now that was bad coffee

Carbcon

Curing
User ID
Hermie Pupil you mean!!
Touchē my good man!

On topic, I use glass jars still, bell glass jars mainly but anything is good.

I remember a few times clearing out the K mart shelves of glass jars too on endless trims.

However I like the coffee tins now more.

I also smashed a few glass jars.

Fucking pain in the arse when that happens

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
Fuk that's a lotta shit coffee to drink to get than many empty cans Merl! 😃
Yea, I used to teach people with disabilities, working in their homes. One house they drunk a can a week, so collecting them up wasn't difficult. A mate was getting sick of me sorting through the differing smokes, so he bought me a Dymo labeller :ROFLMAO: so each can has it's own details ie strain, year, flowering times and my rating of the choof.

durban kid

Blooming
User ID
Yea, I used to teach people with disabilities, working in their homes. One house they drunk a can a week, so collecting them up wasn't difficult. A mate was getting sick of me sorting through the differing smokes, so he bought me a Dymo labeller :ROFLMAO: so each can has it's own details ie strain, year, flowering times and my rating of the choof.
i wonder if it would be worth the hassle or trying to clean out paint tins as they are bigger and in the old humble shed they will not arouse any suspicion. i can not think of many other products that come in a tin with a lid apart from resins and the like if baby formula had a metal lid that would do but only if you had young screaming shit machines or SSM if you like to shorten stuff ,any other ideas i use the glass jar but as said before they do break easily

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
I'd be a little concerned regarding the paints that would have been in them before myself, you'd want to make sure there was nothing, absolutely nothing (including smells) to contaminate your buds. In saying that I have used plastic buckets from wall plaster to store bulk nugs, it had a sealed lid, but there were no solvents in it. I actually cut that (Red) bucket up to use as part of a former hash tumbler 😆
DSC_0723.JPG
For bulk buds I now use a Big W nappy bucket, it too has a sealed lid.
bucket.JPG
Then I manicure it all, remove all leaf and stem (anything much thicker than a match is gone) and it goes in tins.

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
Paint tins used to come full of jelly beans merl.,Food safe👍
Noticed those Chinese jars a la 2 dollar shops have very soft metal lids.
So the perfect seal can be a millidick from thread failure.
So pay a little extra when u see descent lids.
Push seal coffee jars have a very good seal if u can remove the coffee smell, used to put largest size jars in industrial dishwasher then blast on bread oven.
And very good sizes.
Failing that if u can find good jars at kitchen / catering supplies and I guess the earliest form of storage cobs✌😊

Last edited:

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
Cool hash tumbler @Merl1n. Peppery Afghan hash taste is a remarkable pleasure.
Thanks Fox.
I've made a few differing incarnations of differing tumblers, that specific one is using the gearbox out of an old agitator washing machine, it's a bit of over kill as it doesn't need such a heavy duty drive. Initially, that bucket was connected to an old rotisserie from a rooted oven It didn't have a shroud around it and the hash dust went everywhere DOH (My house cleaner/wife was not happy). The following version/s have a cover/shroud or another is housed within a steel box. Each version has it's own pro's vs con's
The steel box version
post-24238-1264906473_thumb.jpg

Then there's the Bunning's Tumbler (Link below shows how it's made)
post-24238-0-66615800-1356923728_thumb.jpg

And, of course, the final product pressed up into pucks
post-24238-0-80753000-1570181324_thumb.jpg
post-24238-0-65732700-1570181127_thumb.jpg
post-24238-0-48834500-1559827843_thumb.jpg

Jaz

Curing
User ID
yes i have found it needs to be pretty dry before putting in the jars

About a week of natural drying I found best for the amount I had and once in the jar you burp them - each day open the jar so any accumulated moisture can escape to atmosphere, close the jar again and repeat the following day, this prevented mould forming - no mould in my experience.

Ideally you want to cure so the moisture is released very slowly, if you get them 'too dry' before putting them in the jar, it's too late for curing, it then becomes storage more so than curing.

j

Last edited:

ozzy420

Germinating
User ID
I have used moccona coffee jars seal with duct tape and wrapped in news paper put in a cool spot, i had 2 ounces of green python in coffee jar for 3 years at one point...

Indy

Misfit
User ID
In regards to tumblers. I stumbled onto these fishing rod winding machines that have a variable speed controller built in that'd probably go someway of giving folks a headstart on building their own. Just have to make your own tumbler basket I guess.. the going rate is around $50.

s-l1600.jpg

Top Bottom