Longer term storage

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Any ideas on longer term storage, say maybe a few years or so?

The last couple of grows I have been vac sealing up maybe a quarter ounce and chucking it in the cupboard.

Will it store like that for a long while, or is there a better way? Just keeping it as I often used to think when i finished a certain strain and started on another.... wish i had kept a bit of that last one. lol.

B69D52ED-114D-4DEE-B994-2556A292E70F.jpeg
AD2555C6-2F6F-4E28-BA96-306B073A32E4.jpeg

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID

pug

Vegetating
User ID
have found that when using a 1L or 2L miron glass apothecary jar with a boveda 60gram in the lid, the buds last for a year in very good condition - if the lid is opened every two weeks or so. If the lid was opened every 6 months or so, then i reckon 2-3 years would be doable.

Attachments

• 1L cap dowel.jpg
    1L cap dowel.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 60g dowel 1Lcap.jpg
    60g dowel 1Lcap.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Miron 1L Jar 60g.jpg
    Miron 1L Jar 60g.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Miron 1L Top 60g.jpg
    Miron 1L Top 60g.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

durban kid

Blooming
User ID
shit i just used old moccona coffee jars some is over three years now yes its very dry but no mould but the smell has gone it still smokes ok mabey less potent
but it mosly gets used in canna milk so i just add more i am smoking a jar or old durban poison now it is still effective for me but i am not a big smoker one or two to taKE ME TO SLEEPY TIME AND ALL GOOD

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Same, usually use medium sized Mocona jars, pack about two ounces into 'em. Ends up tightly packed but not over the top.

Dry buds for however long it takes them, then final dry 'n early cure in a cardboard box for another month or so before getting stuffed into jars. Seems to stave off any mold issues I'd ocessionily have previously with underdone buds.

Can't say I've ever used those humidity packs, seems a good idea though.

Also, if anyone was to go the Mylar bag option. It'd probably be a idea to double seal the bags, just incase one seam/seal let's go. Double seal basically means sealing one join/seam below the other.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
+1 for Moccona jars. I've only kept some flowers ( out of freezer) for about 14 months, but it still smokes the same, Taste often gets smoother in the jars after a few months. Drink more coffee 😉

durban kid

Blooming
User ID
Same, usually use medium sized Mocona jars, pack about two ounces into 'em. Ends up tightly packed but not over the top.

Dry buds for however long it takes them, then final dry 'n early cure in a cardboard box for another month or so before getting stuffed into jars. Seems to stave off any mold issues I'd ocessionily have previously with underdone buds.

Can't say I've ever used those humidity packs, seems a good idea though.

Also, if anyone was to go the Mylar bag option. It'd probably be a idea to double seal the bags, just incase one seam/seal let's go. Double seal basically means sealing one join/seam below the other.
yes i have found it needs to be pretty dry before putting in the jars, had mould once but that was in an aldi coffee jar with the paper lid i thought that the lid may have helped with humidity but i got mould and they were stored in a hot place lesson learned

F

freddie

Vac packed and in the freezer as others suggest. It will come out exactly as it went in.

Having said that I ran out a little while ago and turned the house upside down looking for old stashes. Found a ziplock back with about a third oz that I worked out was over three years old and it was great.

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
I use my vacuum chamber and either Maconna coffee jars or Dolmio sauce jars.

Dolmio's jars go in the vac chamber with lids just cracked, vacuum the air upto pressure, then quickly release the air outta the chamber, it sucks all the air out and tightens the lid and 'pops' The lid shut.

Same with the Maconna coffee jars, except if you over vacuum with coffee jars the lid is so fuckin tight you can't get it off 😀..takes abit practice.

Bonus is no squashed buds like the vac seal bags.

Will do a vid of it next harvest..

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Could be worse... could be on the ol' Bogan Dust™️ :coffee::ROFLMAO:

International_Roast_500g.jpg

Top Bottom