Longer term storage

Hudo

Baked
User ID
I used to have a mini one made from a battery spit motor and housed inside a tub with lid I used to put the whole thing in the chest freezer overnight then run it while it was still in there.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

junglelover

Vegetating
User ID
Same, usually use medium sized Mocona jars, pack about two ounces into 'em. Ends up tightly packed but not over the top.

Dry buds for however long it takes them, then final dry 'n early cure in a cardboard box for another month or so before getting stuffed into jars. Seems to stave off any mold issues I'd ocessionily have previously with underdone buds.

Can't say I've ever used those humidity packs, seems a good idea though.

Also, if anyone was to go the Mylar bag option. It'd probably be a idea to double seal the bags, just incase one seam/seal let's go. Double seal basically means sealing one join/seam below the other.
I've been vac sealing in smaller bags and putting a bunch in larger recycled mylar bags that my coffee comes in. The only issue is that it takes up a fair bit of freezer space.

This is an interesting read https://www.primalsurvivor.net/mylar-bags-vs-vacuum-sealing/

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
I've been vac sealing in smaller bags and putting a bunch in larger recycled mylar bags that my coffee comes in. The only issue is that it takes up a fair bit of freezer space.

This is an interesting read https://www.primalsurvivor.net/mylar-bags-vs-vacuum-sealing/
You can directly freeze dry/cure the flowers freshly harvested directly from the plant. No need to dry, cure, store in jars, etc. Just need a frost free freezer. I started a thread about freeze drying on TSE a few years ago...

junglelover

Vegetating
User ID
You can directly freeze dry/cure the flowers freshly harvested directly from the plant. No need to dry, cure, store in jars, etc. Just need a frost free freezer. I started a thread about freeze drying on TSE a few years ago...
Thanks, I'll take a look Foxy. I had heard you could do that but might need a separate freezer, ours our generally chockers with fish, ice and bait.

Does it taste the same? Any harshness?

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Thanks, I'll take a look Foxy. I had heard you could do that but might need a separate freezer, ours our generally chockers with fish, ice and bait.

Does it taste the same? Any harshness?
Tastes the same, as freezer actually dries the fresh flowers. Need to leave them in the freezer for about 6 weeks to ensure all moisture is removed. Then defrost the buds for a few hours,just before smoking them. Flowers retain same shape as the day they were picked, and retain exactly the same colour as day they were picked. I just cut the cola(s) from plant, and without removing any fan leaves, place directly in the freezer. No bags, and no container. I loosely wrap them in a paper towel to collect any trichomes that may break off when frozen.

junglelover

Vegetating
User ID
Tastes the same, as freezer actually dries the fresh flowers. Need to leave them in the freezer for about 6 weeks to ensure all moisture is removed. Then defrost the buds for a few hours,just before smoking them. Flowers retain same shape as the day they were picked, and retain exactly the same colour as day they were picked. I just cut the cola(s) from plant, and without removing any fan leaves, place directly in the freezer. No bags, and no container. I loosely wrap them in a paper towel to collect any trichomes that may break off when frozen.
Thank you! I'll try a bit that way when the Mango Biche are ready.

Top Bottom