Lest we forget.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
How many 18yr olds these days would climb outta a trench knowing ure likely 2 die by machine gun fire because ure c.o commanded it. The courage these old boys displayed is far beyond any suicide ratbag or cartel clown could imagine
And they did it 4 their country
Not 4 money, not 4 glory and def not 4 a couple of virgins in paradise
Both my grandfathers fought and died in Gallipoli and i couldn't be prouder

benn0

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Any person, from any creed, race or religion, you take them to the front lines, all that's left is rank, regiment and camaraderie and often even that can fall away in the fog of war, lives where not only lost, families devastated, identities lost and sometimes the most petrifying thing was when a person returned they were not the same person as they left. Unfortunately when many of these people return home, return back to society, to their community they returned to the old held beliefs.
There are not atheists in a foxhole.
Lest we forget.

Zorro_7

Blooming
User ID
How many 18yr olds these days would climb outta a trench knowing ure likely 2 die by machine gun fire because ure c.o commanded it. The courage these old boys displayed is far beyond any suicide ratbag or cartel clown could imagine
And they did it 4 their country
Not 4 money, not 4 glory and def not 4 a couple of virgins in paradise
Both my grandfathers fought and died in Gallipoli and i couldn't be prouder

Ah, who are you referring to as a suicide ratbag or cartel clown? or a couple of virgins in paradise. Doesn't make much sense to me. I most certainly hope you weren't referring to me, as I haven't even commented on this or given you any indication too do so.

There are plenty of 18 year olds I know that would enlist in the army and fight on the front line. But then again how many would climb out of a trench, knowing they are going to get slaughtered. Not many, if any.

Great shame that their lives were lost in such a way. As you said some buckwheat C.O ordered them up a hill to get slaughtered bye the Turks, while they sat around and drank tea I believe. They didn't stand a chance. Lest we forget.

My grandpa was tortured bye the Japs in world war 11 and his brother was shot to death in cold blood bye the Japs un armed as well. War is a horrible thing. As Benno mentioned a lot of troops come back with PTSD, if they aren't left with physical injury, they sure as hell aren't the same when they return.

Last edited:

Sugar

Baked
User ID
Ah, who are you referring to as a suicide ratbag or cartel clown? or a couple of virgins in paradise. Doesn't make much sense to me. I most certainly hope you weren't referring to me, as I haven't even commented on this or given you any indication too do so.

There are plenty of 18 year olds I know that would enlist in the army and fight on the front line. But then again how many would climb out of a trench, knowing they are going to get slaughtered. Not many, if any.

Great shame that their lives were lost in such a way. As you said some buckwheat C.O ordered them up a hill to get slaughtered bye the Turks, while they sat around and drank tea I believe. They didn't stand a chance. Lest we forget.

My grandpa was tortured bye the Japs in world war 11 and his brother was shot to death in cold blood bye the Japs un armed as well. War is a horrible thing. As Benno mentioned a lot of troops come back with PTSD, if they aren't left with physical injury, they sure as hell aren't the same when they return.
people were conscripted a lot and I even joined army reserves just in case back in the day...different kind of thinking

Zorro_7

Blooming
User ID
Was personally going to join the Australian Army in my second year of University studying civil engineering. As they pay for your degree. However due to circumstances beyond my expectations, I wasn't and aren't no longer capable of doing so.

I would love given a second choice to fight on the front lines. As a gunner etc, rather then an engineering officer.

I find afghan bob's comments about cartel clowns and suicide rats to be somewhat misleading and rather stupid.

Last edited:

Zorro_7

Blooming
User ID
Would fight to have the privilege to kill, an enemy, that aims to take away those very things, from the common citizen, sure Sugar.

I wouldn't fight for political interest or National interest. I'd fight so that the average Joe Citizen, doesn't have too.

Last edited:

Sugar

Baked
User ID
Would fight to have the privilege to kill an enemy that aims to take away those very things, sure Sugar.
I saw what you did editing past posts etc and I know that you hate that I am ex army trained etc and so forth ...

My ancestors all fought for my life and my freedoms and mate you have no idea if you are going to dixie land over their sacrifice nor mine or other fellow soliders fighting the good fight compadres...gotcha?

Zorro_7

Blooming
User ID
I didn't edit my posts to make you look like an idiot.

But when you start talking sensitive topics to make someone else look like an idiot, then it is in fact you that is an idiot.

My ancestors also fought in wars so that people like you could go about your business.

They fought for freedom of speech, etc. That's exactly what i'm doing now, up holding my freedom of speech. As you were.

Your not soldier either. Your a police officer, if your ex army. Why don't you go and enlist and nuke some turks if it means so much to you rather then point the finger at others and make assumptions.

Sugar

Baked
User ID
I didn't edit my posts to make you look like an idiot.

But when you start talking sensitive topics to make someone else look like an idiot, then it is in fact you that is an idiot.

My ancestors also fought in wars so that people like you could go about your business.

They fought for freedom of speech, etc. That's exactly what i'm doing now, up holding my freedom of speech. As you were.

Your not soldier either. Your a police officer, if your ex army. Why don't you go and enlist and nuke some turks if it means so much to you rather then point the finger at others and make assumptions.

your post before hand was quite derogatory and then whallah, it was changed and quite nice.

I'm not a soldier. I said I joined reserves back in the 1970's when it was all the rage so to speak.

whatever, I'm not sure which real person is behind you Zorro...word was out it was Pedro but that has been definitely ditched and most think you are Clem or someone of his friends... but your voice counts no matter who you are.

Zorro_7

Blooming
User ID
I saw what you did editing past posts etc and I know that you hate that I am ex army trained etc and so forth ...

My ancestors all fought for my life and my freedoms and mate you have no idea if you are going to dixie land over their sacrifice nor mine or other fellow soliders fighting the good fight compadres...gotcha?

Don't hate anyone that is ex Army.

Like I said, I edited my posts not to make you look like an idiot, but rather I edited them because I found they didn't read right to begin with.

My ancestors all fought against a common enemy that would have undermined Australia's national interest. So I find it personally offensive for you to be commenting on whether i'd be going to dixie land over their sacrifice.

Sugar

Baked
User ID
Don't hate anyone that is ex Army.

Like I said, I edited my posts not to make you look like an idiot, but rather I edited them because I found they didn't read right to begin with.

My ancestors all fought against a common enemy that would have undermined Australia's national interest. So I find it personally offensive for you to be commenting on whether i'd be going to dixie land over their sacrifice.
ok well it seems like we are on the same page then :)

Zorro_7

Blooming
User ID

"I know that you hate that i'm ex army trained." What's that supposed to mean??? like I said, I don't hate anyone because they are "ex army trained."

Top Bottom