Keeping Males Happy (or just alive)

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Thanks Sedge, it can get fairly cold cause we’re too cheap to put heating on when we’ve fuck all insulation. Missus just tells me to put more layers on when I complain 🤣
Geez you want to keep an eye on humidity levels with your low temps.

Five fin oil heater at about half power will lower the humidity for flowering and speed up metabolism.
5 fin oil heater has thermostat and is cheap to run ,,
had I turned mine on sooner I wouldn’t have lost so much from mould

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Geez you want to keep an eye on humidity levels with your low temps.

Five fin oil heater at about half power will lower the humidity for flowering and speed up metabolism.
5 fin oil heater has thermostat and is cheap to run ,,
had I turned mine on sooner I wouldn’t have lost so much from mould
Legend Sedge, I was wondering cause humidity was close to 70% when I last checked and now it’s 72% with lights on

I have one of those oil heaters but with the net, 2 plants etc there isn’t much room in the tent - would a smaller fan heater do the job?

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Legend Sedge, I was wondering cause humidity was close to 70% when I last checked and now it’s 72% with lights on

I have one of those oil heaters but with the net, 2 plants etc there isn’t much room in the tent - would a smaller fan heater do the job?
Never used a fan heater, if I did I would make sure it isn’t aimed at the plants ,,or pots. Probably aim at the wall or have it in a corner up high above the plants.

it would still use more power than a 5 fin.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID

Cheapest option for a small space is a heatmat from Bunnings. From memory it only dtaws either 20 or 40 watts power. Cover the heatmat in a towel, so heat covers a bigger area and towel provides added heat retention. Place the pots/saucers on top of the towel . I use a 5 fin oil heater in larger space, but at my location its only necessary in mid winter, from seedlings through to finish of stretch ( 3 weeks after flip to 12/12). The lowest draw for any oil fin heater I found is still 500 watts, which I think is still substantial, but necessary in my case.

Squire

Curing
Community Member
User ID
My humidity was up around 75% Could not wait for a dehumidifier so purchased a $20 fan heater and sat it outside the tent aimed it at ducked drawing in air . Did the job but at 1800 wats 24 hrs for 4 days ... not looking forward to power bill . It dropped the humidity to 55% and increased temp to 28 c. so did the job.

Reactions: Orb

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
My humidity was up around 75% Could not wait for a dehumidifier so purchased a $20 fan heater and sat it outside the tent aimed it at ducked drawing in air . Did the job but at 1800 wats 24 hrs for 4 days ... not looking forward to power bill . It dropped the humidity to 55% and increased temp to 28 c. so did the job.
1.8x24 = 43.2
43.2 x 4 = 172.8
172.8 × say your KWh is 25c = $43.20 approx to run the heater for 4 days!

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
thanks all - really helpful!

tempted by the tube heater but wanted to get a lupe/microscope too and found 150cm heatmat delivered for $79 - hopefully last thing I buy from Bezos for a long time

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
When ya setup it lasts.
I haven't bought anything in over 5 years!
‘one more wee setup and that’s it’ I’ve been saying, then one comment from porky has sealed the deal cause my missus likes the sound of that 👍

RidingOnwards

Vegetating
User ID
What ever it takes mate!! 🤣

Yeah I use 2 of these and they are awesome!!
What size are you using? Interested in getting these for my tents, but lots of negative reviews on the website, wondering what size you’ve got as you seem happy with them?

Top Bottom