Just saying Hello

GreenMan

Germinating
Community Member
User ID
Hello fellow growers, thanks for having me!

Im in QLD and have been growing food and medicine of all sorts for many years. Not so much experience with 'the herb' but since covid I've been getting serious about being self sufficient in everything. I am into outdoor but have a small veg tent to make things easier for year round growing.

My priority has been to produce seeds/pollen in case shit hits the fan with imports, don't wanna be reliant on overseas supplies - as with food crops.

Anyway I am really keen to learn from you guys after seeing some amazing threads here :) I hope to contribute in some way too.

Cheers

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Squire

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Welcome Green Man. Look forward to you sharing some of your knowledge

GreenMan

Germinating
Community Member
User ID
Welcome mate.
What food crops you got growing?
I want to be the same. Self sufficient with veggies and fruits like berries etc.
The kids eat so many strawberries 😆
Thanks mate. I grow so many things I've got no room left :) Yes I love berries too, got strawbs, native Atherton raspberry, kerri berry, European raspberry, blueberry, panama berry, elderberry (euro and native). Also have several citrus: lime, blood orange, lemonade, kaffir lime, mandarin, bush lemon. Dragon fruit, passion fruit, Thai mango, paw paw, bananas, euro and native figs...

For the last two years I've been focusing on high calorie crops for making hearty curries and soups. Several legumes like Madagascar, pigeon pea, snake beans, black eyed beans. Also grow a few different tuber varieties including cocoyam, taro, purple yam and native pencil yam + cheeky yam - excellent survival crops if you are in the right climate.

I should have more planting material by winter if you're keen, cuttings/seeds/tubers etc - let me know mate :)

Yuser420

Vegetating
User ID
Thanks mate. I grow so many things I've got no room left :) Yes I love berries too, got strawbs, native Atherton raspberry, kerri berry, European raspberry, blueberry, panama berry, elderberry (euro and native). Also have several citrus: lime, blood orange, lemonade, kaffir lime, mandarin, bush lemon. Dragon fruit, passion fruit, Thai mango, paw paw, bananas, euro and native figs...

For the last two years I've been focusing on high calorie crops for making hearty curries and soups. Several legumes like Madagascar, pigeon pea, snake beans, black eyed beans. Also grow a few different tuber varieties including cocoyam, taro, purple yam and native pencil yam + cheeky yam - excellent survival crops if you are in the right climate.

I should have more planting material by winter if you're keen, cuttings/seeds/tubers etc - let me know mate :)
your backyard sounds like a proper eden garden. are there any forbidden fruits 🤣

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
Hello fellow growers, thanks for having me!

Im in QLD and have been growing food and medicine of all sorts for many years. Not so much experience with 'the herb' but since covid I've been getting serious about being self sufficient in everything. I am into outdoor but have a small veg tent to make things easier for year round growing.

My priority has been to produce seeds/pollen in case shit hits the fan with imports, don't wanna be reliant on overseas supplies - as with food crops.

Anyway I am really keen to learn from you guys after seeing some amazing threads here :) I hope to contribute in some way too.

Cheers
Welcome to land of knowledge. Looking forward to seeing some success 🤞
Welcome @GreenMan

GreenMan

Germinating
Community Member
User ID
Welcome aboard
I’m also into getting self sufficient.
This year I’m going to go serious but I reckon I get half my food from the garden. ( not eating meat helps )
Thanks mate. Nice one, same here - I only eat plants (and smoke em) with more and more from the garden lately. Let me know if you are looking for any thing specific, might be able to send you some starters. Lots of low maintenance perennial plants on the go.

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I’m in WA so sending or receiving plant material isn’t easy/legal. But appreciate the offer.
Seeds perhaps is ok. Seems like some vendors will send to WA and others won’t. Not sure why some are able to, or maybe they just don’t care.

Top Bottom