Humidifier dehumidifier

Meds4cancer

Vegetating
User ID
Wondering what some of the best machines are and what are most reliable as I take time away now and then and need a stable environment

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

veritas629

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Check out the AC Infinity humidifier + controller, works great for me. They will be releasing a similar dehumidifier in the new year....

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Kmarts large dehumidifier is good for a budget option although needs a little modifying (easy to do) to work with a controller, around $150

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Check out the AC Infinity humidifier + controller, works great for me. They will be releasing a similar dehumidifier in the new year....
Next year would be a nice time to buy a complete new kit if someone was wanting to start from scratch. AC Infinity products seem to be streets ahead of everyone else when it comes to R&D, and their gear is of good quality as well. To have a complete setup fully integrated like they're gear is would be something special.

Yamumzbum

Curing
User ID
Next year would be a nice time to buy a complete new kit if someone was wanting to start from scratch. AC Infinity products seem to be streets ahead of everyone else when it comes to R&D, and their gear is of good quality as well. To have a complete setup fully integrated like they're gear is would be something special.
You hit the nail on the head there Indy. I couldn't be happier with all my AC Infinity equipment

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Yeah the AC stuffs pretty good, but the oscillating 150mm fans are just overpriced shit. Had 2, both clicked when oscillating from day one. Now both dont oscillate at all.
Yeah, that is one item of theirs that I was skeptical about. I intially intended on purchasing 2 of them, but because of the price and backorder issue I moved onto another brand.

I've purchased these before, and they seemed to be of reasonable quality compared to other tent fans out there. I've had them for two grows and only just now one wants to pop out of the oscillating function. But $55 for two fans, it is something I can live with.

thefullspectrum

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Yeah, that is one item of theirs that I was skeptical about. I intially intended on purchasing 2 of them, but because of the price and backorder issue I moved onto another brand.

I've purchased these before, and they seemed to be of reasonable quality compared to other tent fans out there. I've had them for two grows and only just now one wants to pop out of the oscillating function. But $55 for two fans, it is something I can live with.
I got a couple of those generic fans too and they are great for the price. Buy 4 of them for one AC and they just keep on going. No brainer really the power usage saving from the DC to AC fans would be fuck all over a grow not enough to justify the huge price difference.

Clamps on to a pole every bit as good too. Only 2 speeds on them but lets be honest, the 10 speeds on the AC fan is just an unnecessary gimmick.

Yamumzbum

Curing
User ID
Lets be honest, the 10 speeds on the AC fan is just an unnecessary gimmick.
I reckon the 10 speed is fantastic. They blow like a whore on a busy night and yet you can back them right off for seedlings.

But that's where the praise stops because they are definitely over priced and I guess they know people are gonna buy them for the simple reason they wish to add to their ever growing arsenal of ACI equipment.

I reckon it's fucking strange they suggest an 18/6 cycle to extend the life of the oscillator as if plants don't transpire all the time and having air flow could be the difference between the beginnings of mould and not.

I bought a Heller 400mm wall mounted fan years ago and hasn't missed a beat in that time. Has the pull strings to adjust speed and oscillation. It's a ripper.

Meds4cancer

Vegetating
User ID
I gotta mention. I'm loving my dehumidifier moreso when it comes to drying a harvest. Humidity above 90% outside, drying room a beautiful 50-60%. Slow dried over a fortnight. 👌
Do you have a link or better description? I’d like to have a look at what they cost, sounds like something I need

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Do you have a link or better description? I’d like to have a look at what they cost, sounds like something I need

I got this one that I run most of the time during the later stages of flowering (if required), and whenever needed during drying process.

I mentioned a bit about the one I bought in this thread.

Dmase

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
AC Infinity is pretty good with warranty/replacements. I had a minor issue with my S6 cloudray around 6 months after purchase. Contacted AC Infinity via email, told them the issue i had and they sent out a replacement straight away. Only difference was the replacement wasn't with Australian power plug. It's well worth it if you can be fucked contacting them @thefullspectrum

Yamumzbum

Curing
User ID
Nah not worth it live and learn hey
There's quite obviously a design fault or something I've lost count of the people who have a fan that clicks and common sense tells you it's gonna fail sometime soon.

And the fact that the click is no louder than a bumble bee fart is beside the point. For 130 bucks I want it as smooth as a fucking Bentley.

Yamumzbum

Curing
User ID
I gotta mention. I'm loving my dehumidifier moreso when it comes to drying a harvest. Humidity above 90% outside, drying room a beautiful 50-60%. Slow dried over a fortnight. 👌
Gosh mate I envy your ability to wait that long and despite the irrefutable evidence for the long slow dry I really just can't wait that long.

just like curing, it's well known just how much improvement in taste,smells and overall chuffability can be achieved through periods of curing I rarely do.

I was listening to this podcast hosted by Jack Greenstalk and he was talking about how he has a bud from the 90's !! That's a bloody well cured bud.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Gosh mate I envy your ability to wait that long and despite the irrefutable evidence for the long slow dry I really just can't wait that long.

just like curing, it's well known just how much improvement in taste,smells and overall chuffability can be achieved through periods of curing I rarely do.

I was listening to this podcast hosted by Jack Greenstalk and he was talking about how he has a bud from the 90's !! That's a bloody well cured bud.
We do what we gotta do, aye. Ive done that a few times myself. But these days, a grow isn't finished until they finally end up in jars, and sometimes that can take as long as 6 weeks (after harvest) until I get the moisture content to where I want it.

Top Bottom