Howdy Peoples

LOAF

Germinating
Community Member
User ID
Brand Newbie to the grow scene my knowledge is minimal at best. Incarceration and lack of permanent housing kept me from growing until now but always been interested. Not a rich man, struggle to make ends meet so my set up is very basic. Here to learn as much as possible and will appreciate any help or advice.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
G’day LOAF

TSE’s a great place to start, no shortage of supportive folks, still no guarantee of success as is clear from my grow diaries but good crew here that are happy to share

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
Welcome along mate, give us a run down on your setup?

Do u have a back garden you could maybe do a couple outside that’s the cheapest setup going?

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Welcome mate.
Growing doesn’t have to be as expensive as people make it out to be. I’m with gaz, if it’s at all possible an outside grow is great. Depending on your location, neighbours etc.

LOAF

Germinating
Community Member
User ID
Welcome along mate, give us a run down on your setup?

Do u have a back garden you could maybe do a couple outside that’s the cheapest setup going?
Hey Gazza thanks mate
Um I know a lot of the community will piss themselves laughing an probably give me shit about this but anyway….
My set up (if u can call it that) is:
-Mars hydro ts-600
-2x 8L pots with osmacote potting mix
-Bag seeds
They’re in a small ex-laundry room
With a small fan on them and an exhaust fan running 24/7. Pretty sure I’ve made every mistake possible, over complicated everything and been trying too many different things but they’re still alive.
Also have one plant in the backyard but I think it’s starting flowering since moving it from inside and 18hrs light.
As stated I don’t claim to know anything about growing i got no idea what I’m doing really and would appreciate any help or advice

Attachments

• B232C28E-6469-4B6C-84A8-AF57C3A2260B.jpeg
    B232C28E-6469-4B6C-84A8-AF57C3A2260B.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 41
  • 8544CB7D-9DD6-4E99-8A6C-03D9FDE99AB6.jpeg
    8544CB7D-9DD6-4E99-8A6C-03D9FDE99AB6.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 41

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
Hey Gazza thanks mate
Um I know a lot of the community will piss themselves laughing an probably give me shit about this but anyway….
-Mars hydro ts-600
-Bag seeds
With a small fan on them and an exhaust fan running 24/7. Pretty sure I’ve made every mistake possible, over complicated everything and been trying too many different things but they’re still alive.
Also have one plant in the backyard but I think it’s starting flowering since moving it from inside and 18hrs light.
As stated I don’t claim to know anything about growing i got no idea what I’m doing really and would appreciate any help or advice
The outside one looks good, the inside ones I rekon bin them start again send us a pm with an address I’ll send u some fem crosses to play with. Easier in coco mate soil is pretty hard when starting out.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Hey Gazza thanks mate
-Mars hydro ts-600
-Bag seeds
Inside plants are stretching too much. It's only a 60 watt light, so plants, even as seedlings, need to be much closer to that low wattage light. Consider using only1 pot ( 8 litre) indoors, placed directly in centre of light. Could yield 2+ounces, especially if you take up Gazzas offer of some of his seeds 👍

Stiritup420

Vegetating
User ID
So, i assume above offer is accepted. Do you have a budget for anything else?

I would recommend a bag of Canna Terra over that potting mix. It will cost around $50 but would be enough several of grows that size.

Mix in 20% worm castings. $30 a bag of Verasoil pure worm castings at bunnings, also enough for several grows.

Yates professional blood and bone with potash. $15 a bag at bunnings.

I use the above to get well over a gram per watt, just add water

I think you could use a new light too. Maybe a 200 or 250w and keep that light for seedlings and cuts. Not sure how much coin you have to invest but a few hundred would improve that a lot and keep you going for a long time.

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Yeah + 1 for canna terra
Probs one of easiest medium 2 work with
Some really good advice given by others (y)

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Cheap lights can be found on ebay auctions, mainly Viparspectre, S.F and mars but they get the job done. Recently scored a 150w for $100 and a 300w for $220 I use in my smaller tents.

LOAF

Germinating
Community Member
User ID
Cheap lights can be found on ebay auctions, mainly Viparspectre, S.F and mars but they get the job done. Recently scored a 150w for $100 and a 300w for $220 I use in my smaller tents.
Cheers bro, years “on holiday” have left me a little behind on using technology lol but I’ll check eBay out

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
U don’t need expensive tents and exhaust system, find an old cupboard wack some reflective shit around walls and coupla small fans and give autos a try. When the weather is ok, bung em outside
Your main cost gonna be ure light but as mentioned u can do well with cheap 100 Watters
It’s all I use

LOAF

Germinating
Community Member
User ID
Inside plants are stretching too much. It's only a 60 watt light, so plants, even as seedlings, need to be much closer to that low wattage light. Consider using only1 pot ( 8 litre) indoors, placed directly in centre of light. Could yield 2+ounces, especially if you take up Gazzas offer of some of his seeds 👍
Are the newest versions of the Mars hydro TS-600 seriously only 60 watt? Shit I only bought it because I thought it was 100 watt. It says it is anyway. That sucks, false advertising. They got me

Top Bottom