Gweens have a plan to legalise it (apparently)

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I did work for the dole in my own company so don’t see why this is a big deal. That was dodgy and nobody cared.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

benn0

Baked
User ID
Fuckin good on em for finding the hole in that rats nest of bureaucracy, bullshit and red tape

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Got this interesting little email today from the Gweens ...solidarity Reg!

David Shoebridge
Dear Pikey,

We’re proud to announce that today the Greens are releasing the first ever bill to legalise cannabis nationally, striking a solid blow against the war on drugs and creating an amazing new grassroots super-green industry.

Our bill relies on powers in the constitution to override current state laws that criminalise cannabis. We do this by creating a national scheme for home grow, licensed growers and co-ops and sales through cannabis cafes and dispensaries.

Now we want to hear your thoughts on our proposed model.

We have a survey here and we would love to hear your thoughts on everything from home grow and organic weed to online sales, tax rates and more!

By giving us your direct feedback you will help us work out if we need to make any changes to ensure we’re delivering the best possible model for cannabis law reform. We’ll be accepting responses until 9 May 2023 so please share it around.

What’s in it for you?

🍁 Cannabis cafes instead of sniffer dogs!
🍁 Co-ops selling quality, legal and organic cannabis!
🍁 Home-grow yourself too of course!

We’re so excited to be on this journey with you!

In solidarity,

David

ps. We know many of you would like to provide significantly more detailed contributions on the proposed law, our detailed consultation paper and a copy of the bill are here. We would love your feedback by 9 May so we can be on track to introduce the bill into Parliament ASAP.

mail

David Shoebridge
http://www.davidshoebridge.org.au/
David Shoebridge · NSW 2000, Australia

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Let go of the "organic" handle would be more appealing. As it only goes to adding stigma to Cannabis, and why lockdown any form of it legally for no valid reason. If anything. you want the market/industry open and free flowing (minus the red tape) as much as possible.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Got this interesting little email today from the Gweens ...solidarity Reg!

David Shoebridge
Dear Pikey,

We’re proud to announce that today the Greens are releasing the first ever bill to legalise cannabis nationally, striking a solid blow against the war on drugs and creating an amazing new grassroots super-green industry.

Our bill relies on powers in the constitution to override current state laws that criminalise cannabis. We do this by creating a national scheme for home grow, licensed growers and co-ops and sales through cannabis cafes and dispensaries.

Now we want to hear your thoughts on our proposed model.

We have a survey here and we would love to hear your thoughts on everything from home grow and organic weed to online sales, tax rates and more!

By giving us your direct feedback you will help us work out if we need to make any changes to ensure we’re delivering the best possible model for cannabis law reform. We’ll be accepting responses until 9 May 2023 so please share it around.

What’s in it for you?

🍁 Cannabis cafes instead of sniffer dogs!
🍁 Co-ops selling quality, legal and organic cannabis!
🍁 Home-grow yourself too of course!

We’re so excited to be on this journey with you!

In solidarity,

David

ps. We know many of you would like to provide significantly more detailed contributions on the proposed law, our detailed consultation paper and a copy of the bill are here. We would love your feedback by 9 May so we can be on track to introduce the bill into Parliament ASAP.

mail

David Shoebridge
http://www.davidshoebridge.org.au/
David Shoebridge · NSW 2000, Australia
Well that survey was a fucking waste of time!! Fuck putting me personal details at the end!!

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
If it passes then that’s a total of 4 inc ACT
About bloody time.
Won't pass this round in NSW. They've just announced a drug summit next year, where they will debate their rec drug policies for NSW. There are some agitators that are pushing from within the party, but they'll follow the party line until a formal shift in the party position.

RidingOnwards

Vegetating
User ID
Won't pass this round in NSW. They've just announced a drug summit next year, where they will debate their rec drug policies for NSW. There are some agitators that are pushing from within the party, but they'll follow the party line until a formal shift in the party position.
I don’t think it will pass at all mate, apart from Shoebridge being a prize knob (IMO) there is now too much money invested/ being made/ and taxed in the medicinal cannabis industry they won’t threaten the down fall of that by legalising it.
Who knows tho 🤷‍♂️

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
We need to decriminalise is first.
Still makes it a hassle for home growers to profit on it which protects their pharma industry
But at least we don’t get in trouble for growing our own supply.

I am actually for legalised cannabis but decriminalising should be the first step. And it’s such a simple change to the law i stead of the whole legal process

Purgs

Vegetating
User ID
My mum heard on the radio last night that they passed the bill to legalize weed in vic, Nsw and Wa but I cant find anything about it today anyone esle hear this.

Stackr

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I think that they introduced the bills last Tuesday, and if they do get heard in Parliament, they will probably end up lower in the priority list for Government business.
Until the need for a couple of votes from Greens and/or LCP.

Top Bottom