Getting a script, NSW

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
If you have a cool plastic card, that has “hey doofus…I’m TGA approved” then that’s just a nice way of distracting mr plod whilst you get your plastic tub of goodies out.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Indy

Misfit
User ID
This may be enough however for Mr. Plod to let you go home with the cannabis you just bought from the dispensary... instead of writing you up a fine?

;)

j
This. If it's in the packaging prescribed to you in your name that should be suffice.

I guess if you carry the med canna in the plastic tub that it came in. It should have the printed prescription label, which states your name, along with the prescribing doctor, and the chemist it was sourced from. This should be enough to give you cover.

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
Here in Sydney they have sniffer dogs at train stations, etc.
If he pulls you up saying his dog smells something funny on you, shove the card up his arse.

j
The Oz system doesn't have cards, that's a yank thing.
Here in Oz cards don't count for shit, you're more likely to have such a card inserted up your own arse, forcefully, sideways.
You can be TGA approved, but change dr's or change script and those approvals need to be re-approved. Cost me $800 for the initial approvals, from most reports the cost for re-approvals seems to vary depending on the canna dr/clinic.
I've had changes both in canna dr and script and needed to renew those approvals repeatedly
So the 'card' you get this week won't count for anything next week as those TGA approvals aren't actually for you, they're for that specific dr to prescribe that specific canna medication, any changes and they deemed null and void.
There are 2 separate approvals, TGA and ODC, one of those approvals needs to be renewed every 6mths, no sooner would you receive the card before it would be out of date anyways.

Medicinal cannabis is treated just like any other prescription medication. Remove the medication from it's LABELLED and APPROVED packaging and it's deemed illegal. I have boxes of Endone (High dose opiate) here, which is prescribed. I can carry a box of 20 tablets anywhere. If I remove the blister pack from it's LABELLED and APPROVED packaging then I'm breaking the law. It's the same with medical canna.

Jaz

Curing
User ID
Medicinal cannabis is treated just like any other prescription medication. Remove the medication from it's LABELLED and APPROVED packaging and it's deemed illegal.

Great explanation, thanks.

j

Top Bottom