Getting a script, NSW

Jaz

Curing
User ID
Hi all,

What's the procedure for getting a script in NSW?

I'm thinking of getting one for my insomnia and want to know what hurdles I have to go through and is it worth the trouble?

I plan on growing my own small amount but ... should I be unlucky enough to get ol' plod knocking on my door and finding my grow or future stash... it will look a whole lot better if I at least have a script to back it up, that it's all for personal use.

Thoughts?

j

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
Try alternaleaf. All done via website and phone consult.
They provide scripts through Montu.
Delivered to your door. Cost is around $120 for consult.

Then 10grams of daylesford (death bubba strain) is around $140 or so. Maybe more. It ain’t cheap. Be specific to them about what you want. Ie: flower.

Or they may try and hook you up with oil, and other stuff. Fine if you want that too.
Daylesford 20% thc is one of the strains they prescribe for relax / sleep.

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
They will recommend a vaporizer. I think the mighty brand. And it’s about $430. Designed for herb/leaf etc. decide before hand what you want to use As they will probably try and sell you that.

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
It’s pretty quick. I had mine done, approved and delivered within around a week. They have the processes with tga and local state down pat.

Jaz

Curing
User ID
They provide scripts through Montu.
Delivered to your door. Cost is around $120 for consult.

I think you mistook or I didn't explain myself.

Is there a register that I can be placed on where I'm recognised as a person that can buy cannabis legally, in other words, a card carrying member or the like?

So that should I ever get questioned by the authorities, I ask that they check to see that I'm legit and not just a hippie that just wants to get high. ;)

j

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
i know what your saying, but Im not completely sure.
You could try a gp and see if they can get you some documentation, once they put your application through the TGA and local state approvals. But I doubt it.

The way it seems to be done is via these companies like alternaleaf that offer an end to end doctor, approval and script fulfillment service.

If you find something like a card, similar to what they have in some US states. Pls let me know.

Reactions: Jaz

Jaz

Curing
User ID
You could try a gp and see if they can get you some documentation, once they put your application through the TGA and local state approvals.
Apparently it's something like that, I'm not sure if it's now more streamlined.
From what I recall, you had to have a condition that can be treated by it, back then the person that told me had back pain.
She said to see a doctor and they represent you to further your approval with whoever the authority is, you have to fill out signficant forms and they try to get you to seek alternatives first or at least the non-psychoactive CBD meds.

Now I hear there are dispensaries in Sydney that sell bud so there must be some sort of card system/registry, etc.

I'm just seeing if this is correct and if there's any update from what I've been told, I expect there to be some improvement... but I could be wrong.

j

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Unless something drastic has changed in the last few months, medical cannabis in Australia is only available via MD's prescription and is only valid for that prescription. Ongoing consultations are required to issue further scripts (prescriptions).

Jaz

Curing
User ID
Unless something drastic has changed in the last few months, medical cannabis in Australia is only available via MD's prescription and is only valid for that prescription. Ongoing consultations are required to issue further scripts (prescriptions).
Thanks

Is it as simple as visiting a doctor and him/her writing a script or is there further hoop jumping?

j

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
I think you mistook or I didn't explain myself.

Is there a register that I can be placed on where I'm recognised as a person that can buy cannabis legally, in other words, a card carrying member or the like?

So that should I ever get questioned by the authorities, I ask that they check to see that I'm legit and not just a hippie that just wants to get high. ;)

j
Jasp. I just heard that Alternaleaf are issuing plastic cards to their customers stating they are TGA approved.

Jaz

Curing
User ID
Jasp. I just heard that Alternaleaf are issuing plastic cards to their customers stating they are TGA approved.
Does this mean you can walk into a dispensary with the card and purchase freely or is it for convincing Mr. plod?

Do you still need a separate script for each purchase?

j

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
yep. You will need a script to purchase. With mine I have 8 repeats. So in theory, i could get up to 80 grams if I wished to use up all my scripts. 10gr per script.
then once I used up all 8, I would need to see the doc to get a new script.
the card is for the plod. Or any other nosy government types.

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Found a pic, not sure how much weight the card would hold legally.
cTqlwR0.jpg

More of a gimmick I think.... having said that, I still want one ;)

Jaz

Curing
User ID
More of a gimmick I think.... having said that, I still want one ;)

Here in Sydney they have sniffer dogs at train stations, etc.
If he pulls you up saying his dog smells something funny on you, shove the card up his arse.

j

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Here in Sydney they have sniffer dogs at train stations, etc.
If he pulls you up saying his dog smells something funny on you, shove the card up his arse.

j
Yeah, I'm not sure that would end too well for you, but hey give it a try all the same :unsure: I am, however, partial to the odd baiting of a PSO though... 'cause PSOs are a fucking joke and should be reminded of such at every possible opportunity 🤡

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Yeah, even if there was a TGA approved card, i doubt it'd be seen as a free pass by the law. About all it would indicate to them is that the individual is a Medical Cannabis consumer.

Not saying there isn't, but i haven't heard of any free passes out there (card or otherwise) within Australian Borders yet. If there were, we'd be some of the first folks to hear about it.

Plus, our Gov have their knickers so bunched up with the subject, that anything like that lacks any logic to them. Australian citizens gaining freedoms would be seen as going backwards to them.

Jaz

Curing
User ID
Yeah, even if there was a TGA approved card, i doubt it'd be seen as a free pass by the law. About all it would indicate to them is that the individual is a Medical Cannabis consumer.

This may be enough however for Mr. Plod to let you go home with the cannabis you just bought from the dispensary... instead of writing you up a fine?

;)

j

puggle6

Baked
User ID
Odd but I got exactly zero documentation with my script, not even an email...

I'll have to ask them what the go is as I will be traveling interstate next month :unsure:

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
I guess if you carry the med canna in the plastic tub that it came in. It should have the printed prescription label, which states your name, along with the prescribing doctor, and the chemist it was sourced from. This should be enough to give you cover.

Top Bottom