Fungas gnats

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
No It was Donothing-garden I don't know how that happened I would of hit reply and then retardadly pasted the wrong name, or multiple replied to different threads and posts as the same time without really even thinking about why the fuck I am trying to type the worlds longest sentecnce without stopping for one of those little tiny dots is my shift key actually both my shift keys broken is the caps key not working i dont really know but a little dot goes a long way to a statement making any real sense maybe i should try them maybe i shouldnt maybe i will geez life is full of difficult decisions.

Ahh cool.

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Lol. Hudo has misquoted a few times.. was meant to be a joke. Anyhoo.
Yeah I've got to get around to going to the phone shop and get a new screen there is a blacked out patch of screen and I am guessing what's written half the time and can't see all of the post untill I've hit post and depends how baked I am determines the outcome

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Seems like it is still possible just much less likely.

Biological control offers sustainable pest suppression, partly because evolution of resistance to predators and parasitoids is prevented by several factors (e.g., spatial or temporal refuges from attacks, reciprocal evolution by control agents, and contrasting selection pressures from other enemy species). However, evolution of resistance may become more probable as agricultural intensification reduces the availability of refuges and diversity of enemy species, or if control agents have genetic barriers to evolution.

As with everything else needs to be managed properly.
Yeah. I never said it’s as Likely as developing a resistance to chemical controls just that it was possible. It’s why variety is the spice of life.

veritas629

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Hypoaspis is an awesome part of the IPM strategy as well. You can even blend them with a soil mix if it's in small batches that don't heat up too much

I might give them a try too. I like the idea of adding various beneficial creatures to my grow. Tiny pets that are useful! Not to go off the gnat topic, but are there any biological controls for ants? Little bastards use my tent grow as a home base to invade the rest of my house.

Donothing-garden

Blooming
User ID
I might give them a try too. I like the idea of adding various beneficial creatures to my grow. Tiny pets that are useful! Not to go off the gnat topic, but are there any biological controls for ants? Little bastards use my tent grow as a home base to invade the rest of my house.
Ants are tricky. They attack beneficial predators as well. I'm not sure there is a predator that U can buy that will deal with them.

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
There are a bunch of gnat controlling products on the market and I'm curious to hear thoughts on them - so far not mentioned in this thread. If I am right, we've covered off BTI, neem cake and predatory mites... but what about...

CX Horticulture Tanlin drops
Gnatnix
Pumice stone

And special mention to continue discussion from previous products:
Mosquito Dunks (popular with the seppos)
Neem oil soil drench
Nematoads

----

I always use yellow traps for monitoring, but this round they got away from me. Keen for using a physical barrier like the gnatnix or pumice and then use a bti, neem or tanlin preparation if things get bad. Nematoads I've used in the past, but don't have the scale to make it work well with biologicals

Sticky67

Curing
User ID
I use yates gnat barrier for gnats and watch my watering and I've just recently been using Dr G's leaf reset for leaf bugs and so far I've got no bad bugs. I've been using the reset on my hibiscus's which normally are covered in aphids and scale but it seems to be keeping them away. The reset seems to be very herbal it's got lovely smells to it like maybe lavender, eucalyptus, Rosemary or other herbs..

Hudo

Baked
User ID
I use Tanlin and BTI in tandem also neem oil. I use 1 every week to keep them in check. I've noticed once you have an infestation nothing works unless its somthing like scarid 10 which you wouldn't like to be smoking anything that you put that shit on. So key is if you treat coco like hydro like I do and water daily you need to use them as a preventative not a cure.

Top Bottom