Fungas gnats

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Anyone use this shit I had gnats starting to breed up and the sticky traps weren't doing shit so I got this to try it's basically water soluble BTI like what's in the mosquito bits I've been using for 2 weeks and the gnats have gone20220812_111555.jpg

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Bunnings don't sell BTI, it's not that common in small amounts. Not actually sure the legality of these smaller batches. Afaik it's a patented strain of bacillus.

Actual registered product in Aus is VectoBac
Where can I get Vectobac that tiny little tub was 35 bucks

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Seen this stuff posted somewhere the other day, meant to be good and can use up until harvest. I have not used it but they have one just for spider mites that I have coming in the mail.
11.jpg

F

freddie

I tend to live with the bastards, but if their numbers get really insane I have used Gnatural. I'm all organic and it didn't work at first but after a few applications seemed to do the trick.

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Quick top dress of neem meal and then water with a neem meal tea for a coupla waters and they quickly fuck right off... that's what works for me 🤷‍♂️
I done that and it started to go moldy and I freaked out cause it's next to my flowering tent and scraped it off

Madmick

Baked
User ID
You're not confusing spidermites with gnats are you

The yellow pads should be covered in gnats if you got them that bad , even a small population will get some on yellow pads

Spidermites on the other hand won't go near them ,

Pretty anything that flies will be on yellow trap , they never don't work

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Anyone use this shit I had gnats starting to breed up and the sticky traps weren't doing shit so I got this to try it's basically water soluble BTI like what's in the mosquito bits I've been using for 2 weeks and the gnats have goneView attachment 25562
Sticky traps aren’t a treatment. They’re just indicators of infestation levels and whether treatment is needed.

If you allow the top few cm of your medium to dry out properly for a few weeks you should be able to break the cycle

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Sticky traps aren’t a treatment. They’re just indicators of infestation levels and whether treatment is needed.

If you allow the top few cm of your medium to dry out properly for a few weeks you should be able to break the cycle
Yeah I'm in small pots in my veg te t and it's maxed out I can't let the top dry out they need to be watered everyday untill they go into the hempy's I don't have a prob in the flower tent they get watered from the bottom this shit has flattened them though once a week dose

Hudo

Baked
User ID
N
You're not confusing spidermites with gnats are you

The yellow pads should be covered in gnats if you got them that bad , even a small population will get some on yellow pads

Spidermites on the other hand won't go near them ,

Pretty anything that flies will be on yellow trap , they never don't work
No the traps weren't getting them all and each gnat lays about 100-150 eggs in the week there alive but this shit smacked them

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Never going to get them all anyway , if yellow cards can't slow them down or at least make a big dent you're only hope is to keep next grow gnat free this 1 already gone for far to eliminate

They usually already have eggs hiding in medium you buy , or make , if this is case it's going to be a endless cycle

Top Bottom