Fungas gnats

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
I use Tanlin and BTI in tandem also neem oil. I use 1 every week to keep them in check. I've noticed once you have an infestation nothing works unless its somthing like scarid 10 which you wouldn't like to be smoking anything that you put that shit on. So key is if you treat coco like hydro like I do and water daily you need to use them as a preventative not a cure.
I'm thinking this'll be what I do next run. I do high frequency fertigation so need some additional measures to help. I've got neem and BTI already but might pickup Tanlin and use a physical barrier of some sort too

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

turbo

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Gonna jump in and say I water through just once with this stuff on a plain water day and the cunts are gone within days. No need to re apply in my experience!

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Crazy the difference climate makes in general, fungus gnats etc have a hard time getting a foot hold at my place....pests are rare in cold temperate rainforest...

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Tanlin drops worked for me in Coco, have gone through quite a bit of the bottle but it works, also encourages resin production (it's an extract of chitin), price is the only negative thing but it's worth it

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Gonna jump in and say I water through just once with this stuff on a plain water day and the cunts are gone within days. No need to re apply in my experience!
That's BTI mate iff it gets out of control they laugh at it. If you keep em in check it's good

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Crazy the difference climate makes in general, fungus gnats etc have a hard time getting a foot hold at my place....pests are rare in cold temperate rainforest...
I never had problems in Sydney but have to keep on top of it up here

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Yeah the keep laying eggs though so once there's hundreds of em it can be thousands a day hatching

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Yeah the keep laying eggs though so once there's hundreds of em it can be thousands a day hatching
Bti only last in the soil for a few days at most. With enough treatments over the 3+ week period you can still wipe them out, you miss one treatment though and it’s back to square one for major infestations

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Bti only last in the soil for a few days at most. With enough treatments over the 3+ week period you can still wipe them out, you miss one treatment though and it’s back to square one for major infestations
Yeah there little fuckers that's why I just dose with one of the three one a week

Sticky67

Curing
User ID
Gave this stuff a try because I was going through the DE at an alarming rate. So far it's been pretty good. The gnats almost completely disappeared for several days after applying but there's been a few returning the last day or so.

View attachment 44953
View attachment 44954
I like using the gnat barrier from yates, I think it works for gnats and I think it helps strengthen plants too. And I say think bcoz yeah I don't know. Anakin I'd maybe watch putting it over the low branches though just bcoz under the sand can get a bit moist but you're probably on to that already.

Anaken Moonwalk

Vegetating
User ID
I like using the gnat barrier from yates, I think it works for gnats and I think it helps strengthen plants too. And I say think bcoz yeah I don't know. Anakin I'd maybe watch putting it over the low branches though just bcoz under the sand can get a bit moist but you're probably on to that already.
Yeah, I hear ya Sticky. Couldn't be avoided this time around.. 3cm deep they say, well that's inconvenient 😆

Top Bottom