Foxtailing and finishing

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
I have to agree re: The carpet.
Carpet often holds mould spores that build up over years, all that those spores need is a drop of water to flourish. Some spores can survive hundreds of years, dormant, until they get that drop of water. One little blockage or one little flood and ohh shit... ...In a grow room that's not what you want.

Another point I'd like to mention is about using the water from an a/c. It can be done BUT it has to be carefully monitored. Excess water from an evap a/c is REALLY high in salts as the evap system evaporates the pure water to keep you house cool, leaving the high concentrated salts in the a/c's reservoir. If the over flow water from that reservoir is used, the salts will kill most plants. (Some cactus' and saltbush can handle it OK, but most plants don't like it at all.)

Now, you say the Youtube guy uses water from a split system. Split systems use a refrigerant gas and the condensate from the fins is pure water, no salts whatsoever. If using store bought nute mix, the manufacturers usually take into consideration that most people use treated tap water. This tap water already has a level of salts in it and the manufacturers tend to compensate for that by adding less of those specific salts. If you use the condensate or pure water and store bought hydro nutes, often your plant maybe missing out on those specific components that are in tap water.
But that grow looks ripper. I like :lol:

Just a bit of advice
Merl1n

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

nici

Germinating
User ID
Got any pics of the other plant??
They're coming down tonight so I'll get some more then.
What strain is it ?
C99 x Hindu Kush

i thought seed too

foxtailing imo is possibly excess light , not only intensity but intensity + time
look up DLI Daily Light Integral , Jeremy at buildasoil just put up a vid on the buildasoil facebook page (posted 21/01/21) in regards to calculating DLI , very handy to have a light meter , preferably a par meter ( not cheap ) if your using blurple led lights ,. lux meters finds it difficult to give accurate readings with blurple led's , the buildasoil vid is well worth the watch

" Daily Light Integral (DLI) represents the total photosynthetically active radiation accumulated over one day. ⠀

Since plants are essentially accumulators of solar radiation, this measurement is extremely useful for describing solar radiation as it affects plant growth. " ⠀

Definitely makes sense. I'm running a cali light works @ 100% which might be too intense for the space. I find I have to keep it at least 600mm from the plants otherwise I get bleaching. I also found I have to up the N a bit with this led.

Top Bottom