Fishing

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Beil

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Love fishing (I'm purely in it to eat something at the end, maybe when I get older I'll enjoy relaxing).
Every summer back home we used to go down south camping to Dorset, would fish off the pier or go beach casting, both for Spanish Mackerel.
Lovely fish wrapped in foil on a wood fire with a bay leaf stuck in its (cleaned out) guts).
Here, I just want a boat, still go out for the chase on a jetty, but it's dismal returns usually :/.
Just bought my daughter her first rod for our camping trip in two weeks... A 6fter is probably too big for a 3y. 8m , but she'll grow into it lol. (Didn't see the point in buying a shitty 'kids' toy rod lol).

Enjoy the fishing Billy ✌️

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Yep, just to get bait out further. Usually drop between 150m-300m out.
Guessing the drone+ bait would exceed 250g right? You got a drone license or just playing ignorant if caught? Not being a dick just asking the question, seen fisheries have a crack at a few blokes drone fishing and they all got done for flying beyond visual range without the required permits/license

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Guessing the drone+ bait would exceed 250g right? You got a drone license or just playing ignorant if caught? Not being a dick just asking the question, seen fisheries have a crack at a few blokes drone fishing and they all got done for flying beyond visual range without the required permits/license

Possibly exceed that weight. But yes I am licensed anyway.

Bvlos is unlikely drone fishing, how much line they packing on their reels?

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Possibly exceed that weight. But yes I am licensed anyway.

Bvlos is unlikely drone fishing, how much line they packing on their reels?
Think they said they where dropping baits about 250m off shore. Definitely couldn’t see the drone with the naked eye at whatever the distance was.

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Think they said they where dropping baits about 250m off shore. Definitely couldn’t see the drone with the naked eye at whatever the distance was.

Generally accepted you can see a Phantom at round 700m.

Not sure how fisheries have anything to do with CASA regulations... sounds like BS to me..

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Generally accepted you can see a Phantom at round 700m.

Not sure how fisheries have anything to do with CASA regulations... sounds like BS to me..
They can issue fines in the same way nswpf (and other state police forces) can for casa violations.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
I would love to see some references to support that.
I don't know about policing the drones, but it's commonly known in NSW that Fisheries Officers have MUCH MORE legal powers than even the NSW Police Force. They need the powers to board any vessel "without" a search warrant and to detain anyone who doesn't comply with their lawful directions, suspected of having illegal fish. They can search boats, vehicles, esky, tent, etc, suspected of hiding fish. One of the local LFB boys on private boat refused to let them board his boat, and he told them to fuck off........he copped a $20,000 fine. A few times at sea they drove at speed( approx 30 knots) right up next to my boat, and just yelled out they are boarding the vessel, and they just jump in and search whatever they want. Apparently they have wide ranging legal powers to stop and search just about anyone and anything that might have illegal fish.

MoFo

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
I don't know about policing the drones, but it's commonly known in NSW that Fisheries Officers have MUCH MORE legal powers than even the NSW Police Force. They need the powers to board any vessel "without" a search warrant and to detain anyone who doesn't comply with their lawful directions, suspected of having illegal fish. They can search boats, vehicles, esky, tent, etc, suspected of hiding fish. One of the local LFB boys on private boat refused to let them board his boat, and he told them to fuck off........he copped a $20,000 fine. A few times at sea they drove at speed( approx 30 knots) right up next to my boat, and just yelled out they are boarding the vessel, and they just jump in and search whatever they want. Apparently they have wide ranging legal powers to stop and search just about anyone and anything that might have illegal fish.
It’s bad enough that you need a license to throw a line in the water. I guess there are a lot of people out there that like to bend the rules (excluding tse members of course) 😜

Top Bottom