Fedelar Erection

bazza

Germinating
User ID
I have never voted in any elections before. I wasn't even enrolled until it was done on my behalf by a local politician. Since then I just pay the fine for not voting.
I was thinking of actually doing it this time. Is there any way of voting that has any chance of getting closer to legalised canna?
Can't be bothered looking into it, thought one of you guys would know.
cheers

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
I have never voted in any elections before. I wasn't even enrolled until it was done on my behalf by a local politician. Since then I just pay the fine for not voting.
I was thinking of actually doing it this time. Is there any way of voting that has any chance of getting closer to legalised canna?
cheers
Yes. Preferential voting. Number everything you can at the ballot box. Put cannabis friendly candidates first, and everyone else last. Stoners have traditionally been too apathetic with our votes. Make it count !

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
cheers
In a round about way, that's actually one of the smartest questions that's ever been asked on this site. Make it count.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Preferential voting is the worst form of voting there is!

you will always end up with Labor or Liberals at the end of it all...

1 vote 1 value would be the best and fairest outcome for all!

I simply mean number all your votes on the card, which is better than just numbering 1. Not intended as a statement about our electoral system, just how to complete the ballot.

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
Fox , I'd say your dead right there!
How many out there want to make there vote count?
But there doesn't seem a lot out there to educate people to vote effectively.
Blind leading blind seems the norm .

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
I’ve been more attentive this election.
My electorate is staunch labour and probably won’t change. But yeah that vid explains preference voting really well.

I like the friendly jordies political commentary but even he is biased towards the labour party, Abit a better party than we currently have.

But yeah in regards to canna. The minor parties number them high and the major ones low. The more people who do that the better and hopefully better change to canna laws.

F

freddie

cheers
I am interested in politics so have always voted. Even if you hate both major parties, there are still differences between them, so even if you think both are shit, you can always find one that's less shit than the other.
You realise you can avoid a fine by just turning up and putting in a ballot. Can write fuck you on the paper and still avoid a fine.

As far as cannabis goes there's the legalise cannabis party and greens who both want it legal. However be aware neither of those will be in power. Greens may hold the balance of power in the senate, but they may not too.

I would not cast a vote based on one issue, so I choose on a number of issues.

It is kind of frustrating that so many cannabis users are non voters. It basically means nothing changes, and we have fundamentalist Christian PM and ministers running the show, who are never going to legalise.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
... or you can vote for all the minor parties and leave both majors dead last - see preferential voting vid above.

Likewise pick the minor parties that promote what you align to most... but leave the majors dead last, more people need to start doing this to bring about any real change but sadly, for whatever reason they believe the minors will never be in power so they vote for a major... wtf!

j
This message needs to go viral. Alas I don’t tiktok. Nor can I bombard my customers with links from a weed forum 😂

F

freddie

If you vote for a minor one issue party, and enough other people do too, major parties will take note that it is an important issue and just may alter policies in the future to harvest those votes. It's never assured, but what is certain is that if you don't vote, then certainly nothing will change.

seeded

Vegetating
User ID
If you wanna talk aussie politics there's no better or worse place to do it than aus/pol/ on 4chan's politically incorrect board. There's usually a thread up from 9am until 1am every day though you might have some difficulty finding it without being on a PC and pressing F3 to directly search for aus/pol/ on the catalogue.

Be warned there's far too much shit posting, autism and general mental illness on display there at all times, it is after all 4chan, but it is still the best place to talk about politics.

As for which political groups wants to legalise it, fuck them all. At best they're ignorant of what they're really asking for thinking a step in the door will let them eventually fully open it bringing freedom to us and the plant which won't happen or at worst they know exactly what will happen if it's legalised being that it's legal for some while the war continues against us and don't give a fuck. Worse still if you single cause vote for hardcore lefty cunts like the greens and somehow they get in power you're not very likely to see them actually legalise anything but instead act on their other economic and cultural policies first which will ruin the nation and force the pendulum to swing so far back to the right it'll be another century before the debate about making it legal even comes up again.

Personally I think our best hope is the United Australia Party this election because they don't yet have a drug policy but have a massive following due to their desire to end all the covid bullshit, end the national debt, save the economy from insane government spending, etc. and given they're mostly about jobs and the economy it shouldn't be a hard sell to point at places like the USA and Canada and say such a system where the people get to compete against each other to legally grow and sell cannabis will result in record job creation and a massive boost to the economy and the savings that will be made from not arresting growers or users ever again will free up vast amounts of police resources which will make our communities safer. They're a new party that actually stands a chance of wrecking the two major's dominance so if we can get them to form a drug policy we like early on they might actually push their luck when they run out of the larger things to deal with. If we don't hound them though about the best we can hope for are minor parties like One Nation standing up and saying the black market tier prices medicinal users currently pay is insane but even they won't push for legal home growing to change things and they certainly don't give a shit about recreational use at all.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
If you wanna talk aussie politics there's no better or worse place to do it than aus/pol/ on 4chan's politically incorrect board. There's usually a thread up from 9am until 1am every day though you might have some difficulty finding it without being on a PC and pressing F3 to directly search for aus/pol/ on the catalogue.

Be warned there's far too much shit posting, autism and general mental illness on display there at all times, it is after all 4chan, but it is still the best place to talk about politics.

As for which political groups wants to legalise it, fuck them all. At best they're ignorant of what they're really asking for thinking a step in the door will let them eventually fully open it bringing freedom to us and the plant which won't happen or at worst they know exactly what will happen if it's legalised being that it's legal for some while the war continues against us and don't give a fuck. Worse still if you single cause vote for hardcore lefty cunts like the greens and somehow they get in power you're not very likely to see them actually legalise anything but instead act on their other economic and cultural policies first which will ruin the nation and force the pendulum to swing so far back to the right it'll be another century before the debate about making it legal even comes up again.

Personally I think our best hope is the United Australia Party this election because they don't yet have a drug policy but have a massive following due to their desire to end all the covid bullshit, end the national debt, save the economy from insane government spending, etc. and given they're mostly about jobs and the economy it shouldn't be a hard sell to point at places like the USA and Canada and say such a system where the people get to compete against each other to legally grow and sell cannabis will result in record job creation and a massive boost to the economy and the savings that will be made from not arresting growers or users ever again will free up vast amounts of police resources which will make our communities safer. They're a new party that actually stands a chance of wrecking the two major's dominance so if we can get them to form a drug policy we like early on they might actually push their luck when they run out of the larger things to deal with. If we don't hound them though about the best we can hope for are minor parties like One Nation standing up and saying the black market tier prices medicinal users currently pay is insane but even they won't push for legal home growing to change things and they certainly don't give a shit about recreational use at all.
Your not stupid enough to believe Clive Palmer gives 2 fucks about you or any other Australian are you!! He's a billionaire who's bought his way into politics to further his business interests!! Trump on a smaller scale!
If anyone can't see that they are fucking retarded!!

Indy

Misfit
User ID
If Palmer wasn't such a cunt of a man, he'd be in for decent shot, because a lot of Aussie's are over the shit being offered up at the moment (with Labor 'n the Coalition). But after the handling of his workers at the Yabulu Nickel Refinery where he got his cocksuckin' nephew to shut the joint down, and sack the workers and refuse them their entitlements, he fucked it for himself, a lot of folks won't forget that one any time soon. Aussie folks seem to primarily want to see manufacturing and processing increased in the country and not go backwards like it has been for a few decades now

Anyway, what he amounts to is Australia's version of Trump. Where if elected he'd only be interested in is setting shit up for himself, and other Rogue businessmen.

Which is a fuckin' shame. Because we need a new political entity to take on both major parties with the people's interests at heart. Unfortunately, UAP isn't that party.

Jaz

Curing
User ID
Australia's version of Trump. Where if elected he'd only be interested in is setting shit up for himself, and other Rogue businessmen.

we need a new political entity to take on both major parties with the people's interests at heart.

We're slowly turning into the US, where you have a right wing and an extreme right wing. Corporation rule has shifted the US govt. into fascism.

We have to get away from sponsors paying for political campaigns; they pay for the campaign and when the pollie wins, he then owes them during his tenure.
This is why the NRA, pro-Israel lobby, etc. have such power in the US.
The pro-Israel lobby pays Trump handsomely, he wins, he then moves the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem as he no doubt promised them 'under the table' - who didn't see that coming?

Aus. is even worse than the US, our pollies don't have to reveal where their money is coming from. Here's a great series exposing how it all works:

Big Deal

IVB934_615cd5d5b57f1_2048.jpg

BIG DEAL is a wake-up call about the frightening extent to which money has infiltrated politics.

Unfortunately, you need to pay for advertising, etc. to make a dent and new parties don't have that kind of money.

j

Last edited:

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
I couldn’t imagine anything worse that palmer having anymore power than he already has. He has proven he can’t be trusted and has very questionable ethics. What he says and what he does are 2 different things. Indeed Palmer emulates Trump in so many ways. Both are lunatics and I can’t understand why anyone would vote for either of them. Your better off voting for a brick…….

F

freddie

4 Chan! Hahahahaha,

If you don't want cannabis legal, well Fuck You.

Clive Palmer is almost the biggest cunt I can think of in Australian politics. Ask the nickel workers he sacked where their pay went. Covid has pretty much finished as a problem because most are vaccinated. Are there even any restrictions in place anymore? Only a moron would think that is still an issue. Clive Palmers solution for the economy is to put more money in his pocket and his big business mates.

Ya just convinced me to vote Green. Cheers.

durban kid

Blooming
User ID
well how about the holmes a court crew out to send us all back to the dark ages if you live rural better buy a horse as you will not have a car or power unless you have solar no gas to cook with and god forbid you burn a tree shit they will have lynch mobs stopping that
put all the major parties last on the vote cards and independents and small parties first if everyone did this the political landscape may change but it will be a fucking rocky road until it did for sure but the big parties need to be shown the power of the people and remember its us who they work for , it is a shame that most if not all Australians are either too apathetic of stupid to work this out and it will never change so get ready for 4 years of albo and his circus because the masses are just dumb enough to elect that useless muppet

Reactions: Jaz

seeded

Vegetating
User ID
4 Chan! Hahahahaha,

If you don't want cannabis legal, well Fuck You.

Clive Palmer is almost the biggest cunt I can think of in Australian politics. Ask the nickel workers he sacked where their pay went. Covid has pretty much finished as a problem because most are vaccinated. Are there even any restrictions in place anymore? Only a moron would think that is still an issue. Clive Palmers solution for the economy is to put more money in his pocket and his big business mates.

Ya just convinced me to vote Green. Cheers.
Clive is a huge cunt, no question about that, but who in politics isn't one? At least his party actually wants to do something about major issues like the national debt unlike the big two who think we can just run the debt up infinitely and then sell off critical parts of the nation and it's infrastructure when the collectors come knocking. As for covid restrictions they're still in effect for a lot of people and having a huge effect on society at large. A neighbour of mine refused the clot shot and can't go back to work because she's a nurse where it's required. This isn't just a one off nurse either, thousands were told to fuck off in QLD alone and it's resulted in a bed shortage in hospitals around the state because each nurse would be in charge of around 10 beds and each nurse let go takes 10 with them. This has happened all around the nation and since covid is literally the common cold and thus never going away neither are the restrictions until a political party gets them thrown out.

I actually don't want to see cannabis legalised because I've read the united nation's convention on narcotics and know full well every political party that advocates for legalisation is using it as a framework for the laws they want to introduce. The general public isn't going to be offered licenses to grow when it becomes legal at the federal level and the war on drugs will continue against us just like it does today to protect the legal monopoly. Literally nothing changes except we hand the keys to the kingdom to the ultra wealthy who will base the value of their products on what the black market currently receives instead of having capitalism make it a race to the bottom because they're obligated to produce just enough for our needs and create artificial scarcity and higher prices as a result.

Let me ask you this, in what war can the loser get the all the spoils and then continue to fight all the same? There is only one answer, the war on drugs. Show me a party that has a policy of ending the war on drugs through outright decriminalisation and I'll become a single issue voter for them. Until then I stand by what I said earlier about it being most beneficial to vote based on other issues but hey if you wanna ignore all logic and reason to vote for the greens by all means it's your right to do so. Just do us a favour and don't act like this meme when you inevitably get what you deserve.
green vote.jpg

Top Bottom