Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Deleted Account

Germinating
User ID
Interesting point about cooling the motors off
'
genuine question i thought they were cooled off by the air moving over them?
That is probably how they are meant to work yes, but they aren't designed to run 24/7. I've burnt out a shitload of cheap oscillating fans as I'm sure most other indoor growers have. The reason I turn mine off for a short time now, is the last one stopped working but motor stayed on and started to melt the plastic. Probably closest I've come to a fire in the growroom.
Yes Frank but it is unnecessary expense
What size tents are you talking here? You pretty much need an intake fan on a large setup. You can't suck enough air in through the passive vents with the tent shut, try it with a 250mm Blauberg and your tent may implode. You may also need the vents shut due to light leaks. Way less strain on your exhaust fan with an intake fan helping it aswell.

Deleted Account

Germinating
User ID
Wasting your time with intake unless you have a sealed room
Tents are made for passive air intake,this allows you to have negative pressure in tent keeping the smell in
Having intake will give positive pressures and the smell will be punped out of all the vents
Doing this carbon filter becomes irrelevant
This makes no sense? A sealed room is exactly that, SEALED. You don't have I take or exhaust, it's sealed.

I have never seen a tent made for passive intake? As far as I know every tent on the market has an inlet fan hole in the bottom, exhaust fan hole at the top.

Having intake will not give you positive pressure unless your intake fan is bigger than your exhaust.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
What are the flaps along the bottom of the tent for, let air in or decoration ???

lol
My tent dosnt have any flaps anywhere. Just holes ranging from 100mm to 200m. Ive seen 1.2x1.2 tents with flaps at the bottom.

Pedro de pacas

FIGJAM - Artisan of Bullshit.
User ID
My tent dosnt have any flaps anywhere. Just holes ranging from 100mm to 200m. Ive seen 1.2x1.2 tents with flaps at the bottom.
Yeah, all mine do, from the cheap shit to the new gorrilla

What cheap arse shit brand did ya buy ?

JHerer

Germinating
User ID
Even the cheap oscillating fans have thermal switches buried in the windings for the motor - if they pass a certain temperature, they open - permanently - preventing a fire.

Carbcon

Curing
User ID
Bunnings had a 30w 200mm 3 speed air circulator recently.
$20
Seem to work well.
I had the cheap clip on Bunnings ones but few failing after 1.5 runs kinda.

The air circulator much better to move air

Can clip easy to pole as shown also.
Adjustable base so free stands fine too.
I run a lot of inner fans.

Choice of funky colours

Attachments

• IMG_20201021_202236.jpg
    IMG_20201021_202236.jpg
    976.9 KB · Views: 18

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Yeah, i took notice of that fan in your tent the other night, mate. i' m thinking seriously of pissing off the shit seahawk one's i got for a couple like yours. A much sturdier fan. (y)

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Has anyone tried these??

Indy

Misfit
User ID
They mention it's "whisper quiet" but from my experience, quiet fans fall short on moving large volumes of air. That one might be revolutionary, though after viewing the video i hold some serious doubts.

For mine, if the fucker is making bugga all noise, it's moving bugga all air.

D

Deleted member cpr

Has anyone tried these??
I've got the medium size one porky. It's a quality fan with a narrow trajectory, that's it. Ìt's no substitute for anything that oscillates

D

Deleted member cpr

I've been using box fans of late. I lay them flat on their backs underneath my plants and blow them up through the canopy. I make a little more stand to lift them off the ground 1Ocm or so. I'm still trying to find a reliable one. Last ones I bought were 50 bucks instead of 20, they might last longer.

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
Just bought this big bastard from Bunnings yestie ($99) to replace a old fan i had to move A/C air right through the house in the summer months, it's a Click 70cm Heavy Duty Metal Pedestal Fan.. If you've got a grow room set up, this bugga could cover a whole room on 1 (low).

Seems to have good robust 130w motor to drive it.(y)

View attachment 7171
i got one of these in the workshop, very loud, not real good for stealth...

Top Bottom