Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Definitely need one or two of those.

All I can suggest is do not get seahawk. I had nothing but troubles with the two I purchased.

HGO

Plant of the Month - Sep,2020.
Community Member
User ID
yes you really need something inside the tent to circulate the air to eliminate potential hotspots etc
I would avoid the clip on style ones as they lack any real power to push air around
All I did was take the base off of a 30cm deskfan to make it less unwieldly and hung the fan in the corner of my tent
blows a lot more air around than 3 of the clip on style put together

Carbcon

Curing
User ID
More recently have gone to town with inside stirring.

I have researched extensively, in Winter.

Officeworks do an absolute dinger usb for $12
They can order them next day for you in Winter.

Deleted Account

Germinating
User ID
A cheap oscillating fan will do the job, can hang them upside down if you like. If using a cheap oscillating fan I do suggest putting it on a timer and turning it off for half hour a day to let the motor cool down or it won't last very long.

If you wanna go all out there are DC powered wall fans that use next to no power and have 8 speed settings for around $150 each.

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
Interesting point about cooling the motors off
'
genuine question i thought they were cooled off by the air moving over them?

vostok

Blooming
User ID
I have a very good inlet fan and outlet fan what I never had is a fan in the tent to stir the air so is it needed
Yes very much so ...as you gotta disturb that boundry layer of air that can choke some stomata

totally still air is not in nature

moving that layer allows even more C02 in

you could however trash the inlet fan double up ion the extract

as being passive..= sux air from allover so de stinks the place

good luck

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Glandore hydro have this neat looking little clip fan, might get one see how long it lasts..

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
No idea what brand mine are. Hydro shop recommend them, and at $25 a piece, I'm not complaining. Got six of them for 3 tents. I can get them in any colour I like, as long as it's black 🤣🤣

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Wasting your time with intake unless you have a sealed room
Tents are made for passive air intake,this allows you to have negative pressure in tent keeping the smell in
Having intake will give positive pressures and the smell will be punped out of all the vents
Doing this carbon filter becomes irrelevant

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
You can still get negative air pressure with an intake fan in a tent or smaller room, just need to size and run exhaust and intake correctly in regards to each other.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Wasting your time with intake unless you have a sealed room
Tents are made for passive air intake,this allows you to have negative pressure in tent keeping the smell in
Having intake will give positive pressures and the smell will be punped out of all the vents
Doing this carbon filter becomes irrelevant
Yeah, I only use passive air intake. Fans are used for air movement, and extraction fan with carbon filter for air exchange.

Top Bottom