Extremely High Humidity, How fucked am I?

Jiffy

Blooming
User ID
Yeah like old fox said hit us with heaps of pics to help ya.
If it's 50% outside and 90% inside there is a source of moisture inside.
How often are you watering??
How much each water??
Are these measurements at lights on or off??

Every night i water,

Currently 500ml per plant. seeing around 200ml run off. flushing it a little extra trying to stabilize EC

measurements are both with light on and off.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Really tight bend in the extraction ducting may be impeding some air flow. Can you make the bend less aggressive inside the tent? If you have 4 metres of duct outside the tent it may also be restrictive( especially if it has a few bends). Experiment without the 4 metres of ducting outside - just test it with a short straight piece coning out the tent. And try watering around the time lights come on, rather than at night, if that's around the time lights go off.

Jiffy

Blooming
User ID
That's where ya humidity is coming from.
But i don't let that run off just sit there, i always drain the saucers 20 mins after i water them. Is that what your thinking that the water is just sitting there? these are in coco and in fabric pots, so after the medium is saturated the excess runs off.

Im not sure how your supposed to get RH lower if the coco medium has to stay wet for it to work. Am i missing something?

Buying a Hygrometer today to compare to my BME sensor.

Also Oldfox, that was the only bend in the exhaust system. When it pokes out the top it runs in a straight line after that. I did however try run it sideways through the side port and out but its roughly the same amount of bends. i didn't notice a reduction or improvement in airflow.

:unsure:

Jiffy

Blooming
User ID
Got it sorted now.

Bought a better Hygrometer.

Made a slightly larger area for the tent to have access to more airflow around the flaps. Pretty sure it was too cramped in there.

64% outside RH and 72% in the tent. That's a lot better and most likely more accurate +/- 5%

Thanks to all for your suggestions, ideas and patience for this nervous first timer. Love to shout you all a Drink one day.

Cheers Fellas.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
But i don't let that run off just sit there, i always drain the saucers 20 mins after i water them. Is that what your thinking that the water is just sitting there? these are in coco and in fabric pots, so after the medium is saturated the excess runs off.

Im not sure how your supposed to get RH lower if the coco medium has to stay wet for it to work. Am i missing something?

Buying a Hygrometer today to compare to my BME sensor.

Also Oldfox, that was the only bend in the exhaust system. When it pokes out the top it runs in a straight line after that. I did however try run it sideways through the side port and out but its roughly the same amount of bends. i didn't notice a reduction or improvement in airflow.

:unsure:
Ahh all good then mate!!
Just relax and let them grow!!

Top Bottom