Easy as organics

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
good to see easy as on board bill . congrats

super soil focus is more on amendments & generally lots of them
coots mix (living soil) focus is compost / castings , bacteria / fungi

good compost & castings take time to make & although , generally , what comes out a worms bum is better than when it went in the other end , i'd rather have them made with quality amendments rather than things like cardboard or newspaper & kitchen scapes , nothing wrong with castings made of those things , great way to recycle , but prob not as nutrient dense using those items alone

i personally like the coots mix cos that focus on bacteria & fungi does a better job of feeding & protecting your plant

price wise , i've never done any comparing of bottle fed Vs water only but like anything you can make growing as cheap as chips if that's your motivation

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
hang on if we are comparing dry ammendments to salts, lets be fair and mix up dry salts to then see how much it comes out to per/L haha

R3za92

Baked
User ID
hang on if we are comparing dry ammendments to salts, lets be fair and mix up dry salts to then see how much it comes out to per/L haha
I’ve spent $250 on dry salts in the last 2-3 years and still got about 5kg ish of my base left. In the same time I’ve probably spent $3-500 on bagged coco, Less now that Bunnings sell hydro grade coco bags though still significant. This stuff is probably need 4 bags per run, so 3-4 runs a year works out pretty expensive

Carbcon

Curing
User ID
I don't really care as I grow lots of leafy green annuals and use same for all.

I don't add up the cost of each tomato or potato I grow so I don't do it with cannabis either.

But as Frank mentioned, base salts cheap. As are bulk dry amendments and peat here in qld.

If your counting the pennies on every cannabis grow I reckon what Frank mentioned is probably the cheapest.

It's probably not fair in this post to break it down so much.

Perhaps a new thread about growing as cheap as possible a good idea.

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
Still haven't see those pics frank?
I thought you would of picked on the sarcastic comment i left, but I really don't care to continue that conversation. You do you my dude

I don't really care as I grow lots of leafy green annuals and use same for all.

I don't add up the cost of each tomato or potato I grow so I don't do it with cannabis either.

But as Frank mentioned, base salts cheap. As are bulk dry amendments and peat here in qld.

If your counting the pennies on every cannabis grow I reckon what Frank mentioned is probably the cheapest.

It's probably not fair in this post to break it down so much.

Perhaps a new thread about growing as cheap as possible a good idea.
Kinda would be interesting to see the costs associated with different styles in a set area say a 1.2 x 1.2m 4 x the same sized pots etc.

Madmick

Baked
User ID
You know what frank , you came on that guys thread caused a shit storm the least you can do is back up your claims of

1.6 ec x 3 a day and they handle it just fine even though your run off is 3.2 ec , we haven't even mentioned the ph of your run off which I suspect is quite low
I suspect the guys grow which is autos is better than your photto period grow hands down and it was his 1st attempt, maybe you could ask him a few questions to improve your growing
Not looking for any arguments , just for you to backup your statements with physical proof , a pic
Or did you enjoy destroying the ops thread

As stated no proof or you are full of shit

Sarcasm, I'm afraid not

And you can be as sarcastic as you like in reply , you can't hide behind this tim

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
Look you obviously wanna continue this, if i'm watering to 10% runoff each time, i am replacing the salts continuously meaning my rootzone ec and ph is that of my res.

I regret entering that thread, that's great you think his autos are better than mine, I just hope he at least takes some knowledge from coops instead of you.

Madmick

Baked
User ID
What a clown you are , you made a claim ,
BACK IT UP
And straight you revert to your usual defence strategy , insults

I don't care who he listens to as long as it ain't you

Bullshit artist

Carbcon

Curing
User ID
I thought you would of picked on the sarcastic comment i left, but I really don't care to continue that conversation. You do you my dude

Kinda would be interesting to see the costs associated with different styles in a set area say a 1.2 x 1.2m 4 x the same sized pots etc.
With you there. Same clone and over a good few runs

Donothing-garden

Blooming
User ID
Would you recommend your soil as good for autoflowers life cycle?
Of course. Being that our soil is formulated with targets towards photoperiod and full season annuals, autoflowers would be extremely easy to grow in this soil. You can even get away with smaller containers... with caution though as autoflower yield is determined by container size. They throw out roots at a very early stage to determine how large it can grow... set yourself up right and plan your grow with the right volume of soil from the start.

Donothing-garden

Blooming
User ID
To answer an earlier comment too re. Coot's Mix, we certainly started with his basic formulation which is excellent... over the years we worked on mineral balancing with soil analysis based on the compost and worm castings inputs we used to reach better cation saturation and level targets. Also, we are certified organic with NASAA. I thought that was very important for us so that we consumers can have confidence in our product... we are audited to ensure no GMO, pathogen, heavy metal contamination as well as product integrity: Input amounts must be used as per our declared formulation. They would know if we were short changing customers with under-application of amendments because our inventory has to be balanced and shared with NASAA for compliance.

Donothing-garden

Blooming
User ID
Also, we moved to a larger production site... have been out of stock on website since October due to focus on stocking our retailers. We're getting ahead again finally and will be able to sell online again within 1 to 2 weeks max. Currently all other products are in stock.

Yowie2.02318

Blooming
User ID
Of course. Being that our soil is formulated with targets towards photoperiod and full season annuals, autoflowers would be extremely easy to grow in this soil. You can even get away with smaller containers... with caution though as autoflower yield is determined by container size. They throw out roots at a very early stage to determine how large it can grow... set yourself up right and plan your grow with the right volume of soil from the start.
well that solves it for me as soon as they are in stock I’ll grab a bag and do an auto in a 3 gallon pot and do a diary, might do 2 one inside and one outside and see the results, thank you for the quick response

Top Bottom