Easy as organics water only soil mix.

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
It's the same with any organic based potting mix, how long it's been sitting on the shelf can have a large impact on it's performance. Same things with bags on the shelf at bunnings. Nutrient leech and general breakdown from sitting there.

Probably a large reason people have such bad times with bunnings bought pottings mixes and why i always finger the bags :)

Your input frank is top notch, always solid advice and extremely helpful, your attention to detail is second to none.

Definitely a growers grower mate. 😊

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now
User ID
I was intested about the Easy As Organics soil, i used their neem and kelp. I think from the website they say water enough, that it doesnt come out the bottom or something like that

I use this product Defsnotacop, BTI search ebay, the seller has just got new stock i think. I use that for gnats. I have not used mulch but if i did i would use the sugarcane stuff at bunnings , supposed to be clean

Defsnotacop

Curing
User ID
I was intested about the Easy As Organics soil, i used their neem and kelp. I think from the website they say water enough, that it doesnt come out the bottom or something like that

I use this product Defsnotacop, BTI search ebay, the seller has just got new stock i think. I use that for gnats. I have not used mulch but if i did i would use the sugarcane stuff at bunnings , supposed to be clean
Thanks mate. I a trying a clover cover crop on new pots. And will look into some other small cover crop as deterrents. But I will search tje bti

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
Yeh BTI works very well, not that many products with it. Bit expensive, but does the job very well.

Also good in the summer if you got open water around for the mosquito larvae.

Richcomingfromyou

Vegetating
User ID
Potting mix? Just make it all from scratch and add amendments as you go. Layer in Neem cake with crab meal, oyster shell meal, a little compost, alfalfa meal, rice hulls, lagbenite. Sprinkle of trichoderma powder. Repeat in thin layers with soil between. Mix soil with a little peat, zeolite and dolomite.

Pretty hard to make your soil too hot doing it like this. Takes a little while to break down and I like fabric pots for this method. Once soil is constructed top dressing of kelp meal, more Neem cake and volcanic rock dust. AM and EM microbes watered in. Pretty much water only with maybe a couple top ups of the top dressing.

User ID
Thanks mate. I a trying a clover cover crop on new pots. And will look into some other small cover crop as deterrents. But I will search tje bti
Hey Defsnotacop ! They seem to be out mate, i can see only an expensive product 15gram $35 at the hydro shop. I got 100gram on ebay for 35. I am out so not sure what to do, a crop to deter the gnats would be good

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
Yeah, will take some shortly. Just got some humidicola mulch delivered. 8 bucks for a bale. Better than Bunnings sugar cane shit.

Fuck knows what I will do with the rest of the bale.
Get a bow n arrow target practice

Top Bottom