Easy as organics water only soil mix.

Defsnotacop

Curing
User ID
My seedlings are in the easy as water only mix, and a few are moving along, with a couple being really slow. Been growing since 1st of April for ease of memory, some a day or 2 before, a couple a day after. And 2 zskittles one a week old, 1 a day old.

The growth is pretty slow compared to coco and nutes.

Am I doing something wrong? Getting 18 /6 of 600w hps. The light is about 600-700mm above the plants.

Someone suggested root droids from Dr green thumb, but easy as says no amendments needed.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now
D

Deleted member cpr

Im no soil grower but isn't hydro renowned for being faster than organics.

Carbcon

Curing
User ID
As others have mentioned, probs under or over watering.
It is the issue or the original issue 99% of the time.

Here's a few pics of a few seedlings at about a week and others are over 2 I think. Look at the yellowing on the cotleydons on the older ones, here is a sign of an issue, a past issue as these are flying now and new growth is good.
It had to be corrected however.

Soil is slower than hydro imo also.
I also have been surprised recently how it can keep up with a vigourous auto for example.

Just like autos, if you fuck up early in the process, you can fuck the whole thing.
Easier to damp off a seedling in soil
Easier to promote stem and root rot in soil perhaps also.
Watering too much nearly always the blame.

I don't water seedlings for ages, just like nutes, I add the moisture to be right when mixing.
If using jiffies I sometimes soak them before planting into dryer.

The easy as soil is very nice.
Dr Green thumbs root roifs work well.
Won't fix your problem.
Plants in pics watered a few times with 20-40ml each Max. Bigger pot be less.

Attachments

• 20200426_202225.jpg
    20200426_202225.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 10
  • 20200426_202245.jpg
    20200426_202245.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 10

Defsnotacop

Curing
User ID
Yeah, have been lifting pots, and using the el cheapo Bunnings moisture meter. May be overwatering a tad, but trying not to. I'll let them go till they droop a bit, then feel the pots, and then water them again. Maybe I am just being impatient.

Defsnotacop

Curing
User ID
Yeah, will take some shortly. Just got some humidicola mulch delivered. 8 bucks for a bale. Better than Bunnings sugar cane shit.

Fuck knows what I will do with the rest of the bale.

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Never heard of humidicola?

I believe Lucerne is also a good mulch.... but i just used the sugar cane shit from bunnings. lol

Defsnotacop

Curing
User ID
Largest plant, about 28 days old, the rest are similar, and the zskittles is about a week old. I cant remember. I'll make a better effort with the mulch when going into next pots. 20200428_153852.jpg20200428_153859.jpg20200428_153906.jpg

Defsnotacop

Curing
User ID
That was coriander to keep aphids away. I managed to kill it.

It's not fandangled porky, just cheaper. When you see the bale, it's alot like hay. Sposed to be specific for mulch. I'll chop it up and put it nice on the bigger pots when I re pot the plants next month sometime.

Pretty sure I have the blu mats sorted. A 27 lite pot, and a 14 litre pot went through about 2 litres of water over a week. I dialled them down a bit more, and will check the pots again on Thursday. No plants in the pot yet, soil mix seems just moist, and no mud in the bottom that I can see.

Top Bottom