Early Flowering!

Status
Not open for further replies.
User ID
Hey guys, Quick run down. I am in Adelaide, SA

I have been Growing outdoors every season for the last 10 years and all my plants have started flowering around late January

I have 2x Zkittles Feminized and 1x Grand Daddy Purple Feminized
All Photo period.

But this season my Zkittles have started flowering at the start of December. One is further along then the other and they are flowering very slow almost like it missed the stretch stage.
The GDP, Has pre flowers but is still in Veg.

Is this normal to start flowering in December ?
Is it the strain ?
Have i done something wrong ?

Appreciate any input!

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
No idea ,,sounds like an auto ,,how old is the plant ?

Kee Mao

Baked
User ID
I had 2 plants in flower last year about 20th dec. Both were decent size,wahoo early harvest. Never happened before.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Hey guys, Quick run down. I am in Adelaide, SA

I have been Growing outdoors every season for the last 10 years and all my plants have started flowering around late January

I have 2x Zkittles Feminized and 1x Grand Daddy Purple Feminized
All Photo period.

But this season my Zkittles have started flowering at the start of December. One is further along then the other and they are flowering very slow almost like it missed the stretch stage.
The GDP, Has pre flowers but is still in Veg.

Is this normal to start flowering in December ?
Is it the strain ?
Have i done something wrong ?

Appreciate any input!
If only 1 strain from the 2 has started flowing its definitely genetics!!
The other would be just showing sex!

User ID
If only 1 strain from the 2 has started flowing its definitely genetics!!
The other would be just showing sex!
Yeah one of the zkittles is in full flower the other one has Cylex on every single node and appears like its starting to flower.
I don't know if to consider that good or bad genetics
Yeah,they had been tipped.
Interesting maybe has something to do with it. I topped them because last season my Blue Dream was about 12 foot tall lol
Was thinking they would get bigger i guess not.

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Yeah one of the zkittles is in full flower the other one has Cylex on every single node and appears like its starting to flower.
I don't know if to consider that good or bad genetics

Interesting maybe has something to do with it. I topped them because last season my Blue Dream was about 12 foot tall lol
Was thinking they would get bigger i guess not.
Calyxes hairs on the nodes is just showing it’s sex ,,if they were growing from the tips it would be going into or already in flower.

topping a plant won’t make it flower so it isn’t that.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Zkittles Feminized Photo period
I also got Purple passion Auto flowers and they were pretty decent genetics for an Auto
Ok. Long thin fingers on fan leaves don't appear indica Dom like a zkittles. I've previously harvested 3 zkittles phenos, and none of my plants looked anything like that. Mine were stocky indica profiles. Lucky dip genetics at play in that packet. It could still turn into a decent (low yield) smoko. Theres time to pop a few more seeds outdoors if you're after more Autumn harvest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom