Dramatic moment weed smoker is slammed into the ground by cops over a prescription joint

Jaz

Curing
User ID
I know someone who got attacked and stabbed in the driveway of their own home and the cops said they couldn't do anything about it because there wasn't enough evidence.

They can still do 'something' about it - collect all the facts and whatever evidence there was. There may not be enough to convict someone 'now' but these types tend to become undone later ... and when the evidence links up - lock 'em up for longer.

Either way, 'beat cops' are a different breed to detectives who look after assaults, homicides, etc. you can't have a beat cop investigating an attempted murder.
I totally get what you're saying though, the resources would be better spent training up detectives to focus on solving more serious crimes.

What pisses me off is the militarisation of police, exchange programmes where cops are learning techniques from overseas armies and employing those techniques on peaceful protesters, etc. The 'knee on neck' technique used on Floyd was taught to Minnesota P.D. by the IOF (Israel).

j

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now
F

freddie

Most likely because smoking isn't considered a valid form of medicinal consumption while smoking up in public is stinky and still illegal making him an easy target. It's not really something the police can turn a blind eye to unless it's in a massive group setting like protests, mardigrass, etc. and a prescription isn't going to save him or anyone else from police harassment until recreational use becomes completely decriminalised. Even then though they will likely have rules like not smoking in certain places which will be enforced like they do today with tobacco but you'll likely get told to move on instead of arrested when that happens.
People need to start standing up to cops if they have a valid prescription. I don't think you should flaunt it in public, but you should be able to have a discreet vape in areas that allow smoking, if that is what you are legally prescribed.

Reactions: Jaz
F

freddie

So, honahlee site is working again and I found this 5 minute video about legalities around consumption in public.
Illegal to smoke in public, but probably legal to vape (it depends if you are a nuisance or not). Better to be discreet and advised to keep away from children. Use your brains pretty much.

puggle6

Baked
User ID
There is dialogue regarding it on a .gov site but I can't find it right now, goes on about private residence etc also storage needs to be away from kids etc

My doc is also supposed to be sending me a letter for travel with my script but I haven't received it yet although from discussions in the other medical thread the label on the Jar should suffice

Kloud9

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Correct it is. I never have a letter when travelling interstate, just carry the invoices with the meds.

Reactions: Jaz

puggle6

Baked
User ID
Growing their own and putting it in pharma containers... lol
My clinic are very professional although I find it really odd that I have received absolutely Zero documentation from them or the pharmacy in email or snail mail
Everything has been over the phone with occasional auto generated SMS

F

freddie

My clinic are very professional although I find it really odd that I have received absolutely Zero documentation from them or the pharmacy in email or snail mail
Everything has been over the phone with occasional auto generated SMS
Yes, I actually asked for an invoice to be emailed but they never sent it. I guess the labels are proper pharmacy labels so that should do it (hopefully). I could think of nothing worse than being about to board a plane and have some dispute about medical cannabis and portable vape. I think I will ring again.

Top Bottom