Dosage

Jaz

Curing
User ID
I have always freaked out when overdosed

Wasn't there a study regarding THC/CBD ratios? I recall reading if the THC was far out of whack with CBD, you'd be more likely to go through paranoia, etc. The theory was to find a strain with higher CBD as you go higher THC.

Of course, if you have too much, there's bound to be a point where it's no longer a good feeling but it'd be better if it gets you tired enough to sleep that off rather than having a bad trip for however long.

j

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
maybe find a method that doesn't decarboxylate b4 consuming
you could take much higher dose if you know your consuming THCa & not THC

as far as CBD go's , i'm sure i read or heard , if you consume CBD first & let it take effect
then consume THC , the THC effect is no where near as powerful , some how the CBD blocks
THC's effect when taken the 2 separately , different again if consumed both together
this was smoking not eating though , once eaten your dealing with 11 hydroxy metabolite
once it's been through the liver multiple times i think

11 hydroxy is considered to be 10x stronger than the same amount smoked , possibly because
it passes through the liver multiple times

that's off stoner memory so might want to research that info & don't take it as gosple

Wargul

Vegetating
User ID
I have found CBD strains hard to source. My Herbies purchase of CBD strains was nabbed at Sydney airport. As for sleeping it off - no such luck - it actually woke me up.

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
U gotta be real careful when starting out with RSO, that stuff will put u on ure arse...[especially uninitiated]
I have spent many hrs [maybe days] in total brain disfunction from over consuming

Take it easy with that stuff,,,,,work ure way up SLOWLY
Ahh, YEP. REAL easy.
Whilst in the land of sheep (NZ) some silly fucker (me) was given a teaspoon of oil, which I cleaned up. Christ knows what happened 'cos I don't, but when I came to I thought my mates had gone and changed the road signs. 'How dumb do those kunts think I am lol ?' At the time I was in the bottom of the south island (or so I thought) But it turned out they didn't change the signs at all, I'd travelled and came to on the Desert Highway in the middle of the north island, over 1000k's away and a stretch of water from where I'd started. Don't know how I got there or what I did to get there, so yea, you gotta be careful on that shit.

'Getting older sucks', Nah, you just learn your limits. If I was consuming 'substances' at the rate I was in my young/dumb days.... .....well, I wouldn't, 'cos I'd already be dead 😳. I often think back... 'How the fuck did I get here?' (And that's without any oil 🤣)

Wargul

Vegetating
User ID
Ahh, YEP. REAL easy.
Whilst in the land of sheep (NZ) some silly fucker (me) was given a teaspoon of oil, which I cleaned up. Christ knows what happened 'cos I don't, but when I came to I thought my mates had gone and changed the road signs. 'How dumb do those kunts think I am lol ?' At the time I was in the bottom of the south island (or so I thought) But it turned out they didn't change the signs at all, I'd travelled and came to on the Desert Highway in the middle of the north island, over 1000k's away and a stretch of water from where I'd started. Don't know how I got there or what I did to get there, so yea, you gotta be careful on that shit.

'Getting older sucks', Nah, you just learn your limits. If I was consuming 'substances' at the rate I was in my young/dumb days.... .....well, I wouldn't, 'cos I'd already be dead 😳. I often think back... 'How the fuck did I get here?' (And that's without any oil 🤣)

Yes, well I thought two drops was taking it easy - HA! I didn't go through a 100k journey with no memory of it though. Holy shit.

Jaz

Curing
User ID
Perhaps I should have tried a vape. (Stick that stuff in a vape and it would be deadly.)

A friend returned from the US with some disposable e-cig type oil vapes. Just toke and it lights away.
My friend's a well seasoned smoker and wanted the best value for money; the woman at the dispensary told her it was the strongest they had.

I recall having a huge toke, as I could barely taste anything while I was inhaling so I went full lungbuster.

When I exhaled however, a huge plume of vapour came out and the hash flavour just kept getting stronger, I then thought, holy shit.
So keep that in mind should you not notice any flavour when inhaling.

Was couch-locked for a few hours, nothing too severe though, the worst of it was having the spins to the point of cringe, while my eyes were fully open.
It eased off and I walked home that night no probs.

j

Wargul

Vegetating
User ID
I used to be a big smoker. Cigs and grass. Stopped for a long time and back on the grass. Vaping. I find my lungs get irritated from the vape. I’m now considering oil and edibles.
Advice - go for a production that dilutes the oil - like butter or oil infusion. The pure oil is (for me) too strong and sticky to get a correct dose. Other than pride at producing such a cracking product, it aint too useful to me.

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
I've no expertise with this but sounds like your dosing too high.. if your having an unpleasant time, also particular cannabinoid profiles give different effects.
So I would think u need to get a more suitable all round strain to serve your purpose.
I think your smashing yourself with pretty potent thc figures which will make u super anxiety and panicky! ,I think u need more cbd to modulate the effects.
You need to be happily floating✌have tried some good tincture that can do exactly that!

F

freddie

Edibles should be treated with caution. It is bloody hard to get the dose right. I have had some great times on them, but if you have too much it's awful. Took a cookie before work once and was wandering around just gazing at the roof. Boss comes up, "you alright", snapped me out of it sort of.

Going medical has taught me a bit about dosing as everything is in mg of CBD or THC, which then has to be converted to mls if taking oils etc. Never been great at maths but getting better as a result

Much easier to dose via smoking or vape as it's pretty much instant. In the old days a lot of varieties were creepers, so you could have a cone and think nothing was happening so you have two or three, and then twnety minutes later, BAM, you're fucked. Oldfark, Thai was like this! Nothing like that around anymore.

Wargul

Vegetating
User ID
I've no expertise with this but sounds like your dosing too high.. if your having an unpleasant time, also particular cannabinoid profiles give different effects.
So I would think u need to get a more suitable all round strain to serve your purpose.
I think your smashing yourself with pretty potent thc figures which will make u super anxiety and panicky! ,I think u need more cbd to modulate the effects.
You need to be happily floating✌have tried some good tincture that can do exactly that!

Yeah OF, that was my original conclusion. I knew the dose was too high the second it woke me up. I wanted a CBD/THC 50/50 strain but just couldn't get hold of any. This stuff is a local seed of no known heritage and was left on the bush for as long as possible (not mine). I'll just take the tar and heat it with an oil to create a more diluted product.

Top Bottom