Dojo seeds.

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
You can make fun of him, but his point is correct. Water is a huge variable that can affect your grow, not knowing exactly what's it it and trying to grow plants consistently is just asking for issues as you are making assumptions.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
You can make fun of him, but his point is correct. Water is a huge variable that can affect your grow, not knowing exactly what's it it and trying to grow plants consistently is just asking for issues as you are making assumptions.

Mate, that is just common sense.

Rich made out like this bloke is some sort of master breeder.....

I do not see it.

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
fair enough I don't know any master breeders to compare him to so i couldn't say on the matter. Billy a lot of what he says is common sense, but there is a lack of that in this industry in my opinion so i like people that speak it.

Again I would think if i was breeding and would want to know the genetic expression of the genetic line im playing with, i would want to reduce the amount of external variability having input on the genetic expression ideally to absolute zero, so that you can pick things that will be consistently reproducible, i'm sure that changes once you start testing the line for it's ability to deal with various stressors. Even then you would want to reduce variability when testing i would think, i.e testing a strain for resistance to mould in un ideal conditions, would still benefit from having pure water so you can be assured that nothing in the water is affecting your results in regards to mould resitance, i know it is far fetched for those two things to be connected but without getting rid of that variable you are making an assumption.

That's where my head is at in regards to it, i'm probably wrong about it.

No idea what aquaponics has to do with things.

puggle6

Baked
User ID
A man, woman or Porky can grow enough wheat to make bread from their own urine for a whole year.

Now think about that for a while next time you look at your cannabis plant ;)

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
I'm not sure but i think you are trying to emulate the way that dude speaks? Is that the joke?

Anyway is there something wrong with my line of thinking regarding my last post and water quality? I'm curious where my line of thinking is skewed? A professional breeder like you should froth at the mouth correcting bad information.

Madmick

Baked
User ID
fair enough I don't know any master breeders to compare him to so i couldn't say on the matter. Billy a lot of what he says is common sense, but there is a lack of that in this industry in my opinion so i like people that speak it.

Again I would think if i was breeding and would want to know the genetic expression of the genetic line im playing with, i would want to reduce the amount of external variability having input on the genetic expression ideally to absolute zero, so that you can pick things that will be consistently reproducible, i'm sure that changes once you start testing the line for it's ability to deal with various stressors. Even then you would want to reduce variability when testing i would think, i.e testing a strain for resistance to mould in un ideal conditions, would still benefit from having pure water so you can be assured that nothing in the water is affecting your results in regards to mould resitance, i know it is far fetched for those two things to be connected but without getting rid of that variable you are making an assumption.

That's where my head is at in regards to it, i'm probably wrong about it.

No idea what aquaponics has to do with things.
Frank I don't think any bodytests for mould resistance etc ,
More it would be that 1 strain didn't develop mould under the same conditions that others did
Thus mould resistant
I think you are more trying to introduce a known trait to a strain ,like orange haze which is supposed to be mould resistant, to 1 that has been noted to develop mould ,
Why would breeders waste time ,trying to fuck up their plants
So they go to the known qualities of certain strains to make their " strains "
Urea Frank, no one's taking the piss lol

puggle6

Baked
User ID
@frankreynolds That bloke(?) got off to a rocky start not even knowing what strain he was talking about (made up) from bag seed and then again with no idea who/what the male was but threw a few guesses out there, lemon, cheese or g13 then gave up..

And the water mate, gotta know ya water to get ya terrines right... wha the fuck?

Cool, I am in Melbourne and don't need to buy bulk Perrier in an IBC to be able to select the finest of the 1/100 plant to use as a suppository,

Have fun dickheads

• Haha
Reactions: HGO

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
Frank I don't think any bodytests for mould resistance etc ,
More it would be that 1 strain didn't develop mould under the same conditions that others did
Thus mould resistant
I think you are more trying to introduce a known trait to a strain ,like orange haze which is supposed to be mould resistant, to 1 that has been noted to develop mould ,
Why would breeders waste time ,trying to fuck up their plants
So they go to the known qualities of certain strains to make their " strains "
Urea Frank, no one's taking the piss lol

Point i think he was trying to highlight was that without cutting out all other variables you are making an assumption in regards to certain outcomes, ofcourse you can never cut all variability in conditions out but surely reducing as much as possible will alow more confidence in picking traits?

Anyway, i like seeing the different thought processes behind breeding certainly many.

I understand urea, I still don't understand necessarily the link. If it was serious, then the soil composition will dictate greatly the iunputs needed to grow any crop. yes you could just grow enough food to sustain yourself with just urine in some soils, but I don't think that is a generally correct statement. Weird side bar lol

@frankreynolds That bloke(?) got off to a rocky start not even knowing what strain he was talking about (made up) from bag seed and then again with no idea who/what the male was but threw a few guesses out there, lemon, cheese or g13 then gave up..

And the water mate, gotta know ya water to get ya terrines right... wha the fuck?

Cool, I am in Melbourne and don't need to buy bulk Perrier in an IBC to be able to select the finest of the 1/100 plant to use as a suppository,

Have fun dickheads

I agree he is a spacey dude, I guess that's not enough to entirely discredit everything he says at least for me.

In regards to the water I think it is coming at it from a more scientific perspective in a way, which I don't think is a bad thing. Is it needed for us everyday growers? no not at all. he touched on breeding for commercial cultivation over in the states which is a multi billion dollar industry so that scientific edge might be what is needed for them.

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Point i think he was trying to highlight was that without cutting out all other variables you are making an assumption in regards to certain outcomes, ofcourse you can never cut all variability in conditions out but surely reducing as much as possible will alow more confidence in picking traits?

Anyway, i like seeing the different thought processes behind breeding certainly many.

I understand urea, I still don't understand necessarily the link. If it was serious, then the soil composition will dictate greatly the iunputs needed to grow any crop. yes you could just grow enough food to sustain yourself with just urine in some soils, but I don't think that is a generally correct statement. Weird side bar lol

I agree he is a spacey dude, I guess that's not enough to entirely discredit everything he says at least for me.

In regards to the water I think it is coming at it from a more scientific perspective in a way, which I don't think is a bad thing. Is it needed for us everyday growers? no not at all. he touched on breeding for commercial cultivation over in the states which is a multi billion dollar industry so that scientific edge might be what is needed for them.

Hey Frank.

you mention that the commercial cultivation of Cannabis in the states is a multi billion dollar industry.

So.

Is this bloke really at the forefront of the breeding world?

Appears and sounds to me like the Trump of the industry.?

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
Hey Frank.

you mention that the commercial cultivation of Cannabis in the states is a multi billion dollar industry.

So.

Is this bloke really at the forefront of the breeding world?

Appears and sounds to me like the Trump of the industry.?

No idea.

This all started cos you guys instantly dismissed what he was saying for what i believed to be trivial reasons. I just thought he made some good points, I don't know this guy from any other yank. He is not my messiah, I am not instantly following everything he says as gospel lol

The cannabis breeding world is such a touchy subject haha people get very emotional it seems just like politics

Madmick

Baked
User ID
No idea.

This all started cos you guys instantly dismissed what he was saying for what i believed to be trivial reasons. I just thought he made some good points, I don't know this guy from any other yank. He is not my messiah, I am not instantly following everything he says as gospel lol

The cannabis breeding world is such a touchy subject haha people get very emotional it seems just like politics
Hey Frank all these so called breeders are basically pollen chuckers ,they all have to start with something some one else has "bred"
The only ppl I would classify as true breeders are those like Israels government research facility where everything is measured and then bred to get specific genes and specific combinations of cannabinoids for medical research and ultimately to the patients
I doubt very much these breeders have access to such equipment
So unlike the Israelis , they can't tell you exact levels of cannabinoids in their product

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
Yeh good points, I don't see why a shift towards a scientific approach to this kinda stuff is a bad thing!

And olf fox been thinking about that just before and I wonder when seed prices are going to match that

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
No idea.

Fair enough mate.

Have you got any blog links to breeders you would suggest are on top of their game?

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
I have no idea man, again....

Just highlighting the fact I agreed with some of his points, as you mentioned initially a lot of it is common sense. I legit don't even know if the dude sells seed or what his gig is.

Top Bottom