Do I really need to diffuse if it's been decarbed?

junglelover

Vegetating
User ID
Hi, I'm basically a lazy baker and am wondering what the advantages are of making a canna butter over just throwing the decarbed and ground weed into my brownies.

Thanks!

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
Yeah it'll work just fine.

But you'll be picking shit outta ya teeth for the next week lol, also you will get an even more "green" taste from all the chlorophyll left in it, but I don't mind the green taste at all.

Best method I found was to use a slow cooker,weed in,enough butter in to just cover the weed, like a slurry, then on low for as long as ya like, I do 24hrs with the occasional stir..
Strain with a potato ricer, then in fridge to cool... this also decards the weed..
You can "wash"the butter a few times to get out the green look and green taste, but I don't bother doing any washes,I like the green taste...

junglelover

Vegetating
User ID
Yeah it'll work just fine.

But you'll be picking shit outta ya teeth for the next week lol, also you will get an even more "green" taste from all the chlorophyll left in it, but I don't mind the green taste at all.

Best method I found was to use a slow cooker,weed in,enough butter in to just cover the weed, like a slurry, then on low for as long as ya like, I do 24hrs with the occasional stir..
Strain with a potato ricer, then in fridge to cool... this also decards the weed..
You can "wash"the butter a few times to get out the green look and green taste, but I don't bother doing any washes,I like the green taste...
Thanks Dotts, are you saying that I don't need to oven heat beforehand if I use the slow cooker method? Less is more :p

veritas629

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
I've made a lot of brownies both ways. Using weed butter means your baked goods taste less "weedy" and more like whatever your cooking. But the big difference that changed my mind towards butter is the brownies/cookies/whatever had a more even distribution of THC. Meaning all the cookies are the same strength, as opposed to some strong and some weaker. Less accidently too high moments!

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
I've made a lot of brownies both ways. Using weed butter means your baked goods taste less "weedy" and more like whatever your cooking. But the big difference that changed my mind towards butter is the brownies/cookies/whatever had a more even distribution of THC. Meaning all the cookies are the same strength, as opposed to some strong and some weaker. Less accidently too high moments!
Brownies and cookies do taste good, Buzz for me lasts much longer than a smoke

junglelover

Vegetating
User ID
So made it in the slow cooker, ended up with a swampy colored butter. I didn't think it would work as it was mostly leaf and tip. I added it too my brownie mix but used too much, the brownies were a bit too crunchy and stuck to my muffin tins. Thanks for the feedback on stoner dogs, I made sure the discarded weed was wrapped and secure in the garbage.

I probably ate the equivalent of a muffin and a half of the little bits that stuck to the sides, that was at 3:30, by four I was buzzed, by 4:30 living in my own private Idaho. Boy, the buzz lasts for awhile. I was still a bit out of it last night I'll have to keep a log of amounts next time and maybe freeze the excess butter.

Merry Christmas Everyone and Thanks for the Help!

Lansed

Seedling
User ID
I’ve tried decarbing them mixing the whole lot in chocolate milk, then sculling. 5g average per season.
I’ve tried decarbing them infusing with liquid coconut oil, then sculling. 2.5 grams per session.

My findings for me were, if you infuse, you use less to get the same result.

I use an Ardent Nova to decarb and infuse btw.

Top Bottom