Do I need to transition - outside to inside?

mumma420

Germinating
User ID
I grew these from beans I got from a friend. (they are ladies) Dropped them into material pots outside. Both growing great although one is a far bit smaller, about half the size of this one which is approx. 4 foot.
I have just grabbed some second hand equipment so I can bring them inside. Can I just put them in the tent when I set it up or do they need to be transitioned from outside? I want to make them start to flower. I don't want to wait until nature makes them do their thing.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    680.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    705.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    667.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    612.9 KB · Views: 25

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

mumma420

Germinating
User ID
Thank you. Yes I have some eco oil and will use that when sun goes down, then bring then in the next morning, so all those nasties can be gone!
How long will it take them to start showing their flowers?

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
Big enough - 1.20m x 3m
:unsure::oops::eek: I don't think so
Moving those outdoories indoors? at that height? Then turning 12/12? I hope that 3m is the height of your tent. You're gonna run outta room.
When you go 12/12 there is a massive growth splurt. If you put those plants under 12/12 the growth will overwhelm that space fairly quickly.
How many were you planning on putting inside your tent?
There will need to be LOTS of tie-downs to be controlling that growth.

Merl1n

mumma420

Germinating
User ID
:unsure::oops::eek: I don't think so
Moving those outdoories indoors? at that height? Then turning 12/12? I hope that 3m is the height of your tent. You're gonna run outta room.
When you go 12/12 there is a massive growth splurt. If you put those plants under 12/12 the growth will overwhelm that space fairly quickly.
How many were you planning on putting inside your tent?
There will need to be LOTS of tie-downs to be controlling that growth.

Merl1n
Oh wow. OK, well maybe it is too big for the tent. My friend came over earlier and said it look like it is starting to flower already. She was confused as it is reliant on outside lighting. Does it look to be flowering? What I have read up it seems to be getting those white hairs. I want to put the two in the tent that are outside but the other one is only half the size.

Attachments

• outside girl 1.jpg
    outside girl 1.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 12
  • outside girl 2.jpg
    outside girl 2.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 10

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Yes its starting to flower. Pretty standard time for East Coast.
If you bend the branches down it will help make it shorter. How tall is your tent??
Or just flower it outside.

mumma420

Germinating
User ID
Yes its starting to flower. Pretty standard time for East Coast.
If you bend the branches down it will help make it shorter. How tall is your tent??
Or just flower it outside.
I thought it would need to be end of day light savings. What I have read it need 12/12 to flower but it is getting 15 hr day. How long will it take to flower outside and will it be OK out there?

Tent is app: 200cm high x 240cm wide x 120 depth

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
I’ve got a few different strains outside, some strains initiate flower faster than others, last year I had one strain that started heading up at the start of January.

I’d leave them outside and find a fast strain that will finish in 60 - 70 days and grow them in the tent.

At least if you do that you’ll get two harvests not that far apart.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
I thought it would need to be end of day light savings. What I have read it need 12/12 to flower but it is getting 15 hr day. How long will it take to flower outside and will it be OK out there?

Tent is app: 200cm high x 240cm wide x 120 depth
I've got the same size tent. Get em in the tent and then just bend then to suit the space.

mumma420

Germinating
User ID
I’ve got a few different strains outside, some strains initiate flower faster than others, last year I had one strain that started heading up at the start of January.

I’d leave them outside and find a fast strain that will finish in 60 - 70 days and grow them in the tent.

At least if you do that you’ll get two harvests not that far apart.

mumma420

Germinating
User ID
What are the pros and cons of leaving them outside as to bringing them in?

I feel they will fit in the tent tied down a bit but would they grow better in the natural?

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
If left outside your not paying for power won’t have to do much just let them grow they can also be moved under cover if it rains to prevent mould. You’d be growing under the most powerful light in our solar system too.

May or may not have pest problems outside depens on your environment?

Grow can be ripped outside by anyone who happens to find it!

Trust no cunt ever, not even ya best mate.

Inside more control over the grow environment dependent on if your setup is fully dialed in?

Less pest problems ??? Dependent on medium?

More time and effort goes into Indoor growing imo.

Either way only a few ideas to think about, do what you think is right.

Top Bottom