38% soybean oil
0.5% peppermint oil
0.25% citric acid
6% potassium soap or safers soap
3% isopropyl alcohol
52.25% distilled water.

For easy mixing use 1oz=1%
Makes 100oz at once

Don't spend absurd amounts of $$$ on something you can make yourself at a 1/32 of the price

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

gluegun

Seedling
User ID
DIY lost coast plant therapy recipe

38% soybean oil
0.5% peppermint oil
0.25% citric acid
6% potassium soap or safers soap
3% isopropyl alcohol
52.25% distilled water.

For easy mixing use 1oz=1%
Makes 100oz at once

Don't spend absurd amounts of $$$ on something you can make yourself at a 1/32 of the price
First off, I want to say thank you for sharing the formula!

I just have some questions.

On the bottle itself we can see the following:

38% soybean oil
0.5% peppermint oil
0.25% citric acid

However on the rest of it, I am curious how you got to your numbers based on Lost Coasts MSDS. https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1...lant-Therapy-Concentrate-US-EN-13-sds.pdf?311

We can see that the percentages differ. Lost Coast of course doesn't tell us their exact formula, but we see this:

7732-18-5 Water, distilled water, deionized water 2-12%
6132-04-3 Sodium Citrate ≤2.5%
8001-22-7 Soybean oil 25-50% (HAVE % on bottle)
67-63-0RTECS Isopropyl alcohol - 15-35%
67701-09-1 Fatty acids, C8-C18 and C18-unsatd., potassium salts- 15-35%
84082-70-2 Peppermint oil-≤ 2.5% (HAVE % on bottle)
77-92-9RTECS: GE 7350000 Citric Acid-≤ 2.5% (HAVE % on bottle)

The main thing I'm curious about is how come you chose a 3% Isopropyl Alcohol, when Lost Coast is 15-35%, same with insecticidal soap?

How did you come up with 52.25% distilled water?

I'm not trying to insult you or your receipt, and appreciate the advice, just wondering how you came up with your numbers.

If your recipe works great, then that's all that matters, I am just curious.

Thanks!

Last edited:

gluegun

Seedling
User ID
I found followed this recipe https://www.rollitup.org/t/plant-therapy-diy-home-recipe.1061494/
Mind you I haven't used it yet. I guess a bit of variation in ratios don't matter too much?
I am thinking the exact ratios don't matter as much as I'm looking at it. We see people on youtube making their own formulas.

The recipe that they are using uses way less soap than lost coast, and he said he had to reduce it. I am wondering if it's because the type of soap lost coast uses does not foam / lather as much? We obviously don't want it to, but we just want the properties the soap has in the insect killing.

7eastgenetics

Forum Sponsor
Community Member
User ID
First off, I want to say thank you for sharing the formula!

I just have some questions.

On the bottle itself we can see the following:

38% soybean oil
0.5% peppermint oil
0.25% citric acid

However on the rest of it, I am curious how you got to your numbers based on Lost Coasts MSDS. https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1...lant-Therapy-Concentrate-US-EN-13-sds.pdf?311

We can see that the percentages differ. Lost Coast of course doesn't tell us their exact formula, but we see this:

7732-18-5 Water, distilled water, deionized water 2-12%
6132-04-3 Sodium Citrate ≤2.5%
8001-22-7 Soybean oil 25-50% (HAVE % on bottle)
67-63-0RTECS Isopropyl alcohol - 15-35%
67701-09-1 Fatty acids, C8-C18 and C18-unsatd., potassium salts- 15-35%
84082-70-2 Peppermint oil-≤ 2.5% (HAVE % on bottle)
77-92-9RTECS: GE 7350000 Citric Acid-≤ 2.5% (HAVE % on bottle)

The main thing I'm curious about is how come you chose a 3% Isopropyl Alcohol, when Lost Coast is 15-35%, same with insecticidal soap?

How did you come up with 52.25% distilled water?

I'm not trying to insult you or your receipt, and appreciate the advice, just wondering how you came up with your numbers.

If your recipe works great, then that's all that matters, I am just curious.

Thanks!
The forumla was done by volume not by weight to make calculations easier

Kneeko

Blooming
User ID
Im curious…
Is smoking or even eating this stuff from a sprayed plant ok ?
I would not have imagined smoking soybean oil, peppermint and soap to be that good for you..

I mean if most people are toey about smoking Colloidal silver on a bud why the fuck smoke this stuff ?
Im curious cus I have to do something about these fucking Borg that keep coming back…. I hate em more than fucking customs…!!

I know some people only spray before flower but what if you have to spray bud….. wash buds in water after harvest ?

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Im curious…
Is smoking or even eating this stuff from a sprayed plant ok ?
I would not have imagined smoking soybean oil, peppermint and soap to be that good for you..

I mean if most people are toey about smoking Colloidal silver on a bud why the fuck smoke this stuff ?
Im curious cus I have to do something about these fucking Borg that keep coming back…. I hate em more than fucking customs…!!

I know some people only spray before flower but what if you have to spray bud….. wash buds in water after harvest ?
Heaps of people wash their buds after harvest. Usually straight away after chop. Seen a few outside plants that have been washed and the water after looks putrid!!

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Because I don't like to smoke anything but cannabis.

If you spray it, your smoking it.
In Australia we have caterpillar issues outdoors in most States. For unprotected crops, it's frequently necessary to spray Bacillus Thuringiensis ( all natural) to manage caterpillars in late flower. I spray twice a week during flower all the way through to harvest.

Kloud9

Baked
Community Member
User ID
In Australia we have caterpillar issues outdoors in most States. For unprotected crops, it's frequently necessary to spray Bacillus Thuringiensis ( all natural) to manage caterpillars in late flower. I spray twice a week during flower all the way through to harvest.
And pure crop 1 works in flower also.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
I bud wash. Especially the flowers have had to spray.

Three buckets
H2o2
Citric acid( lemon juice diluted)
Water.

To be honest though, smoking dead mites is probably not as bad as smoking residual spray 😆
Lemon juice has citric acid in it but isn’t citric acid, It’s also a bunch of sugars, minerals etc.

Pure citric acid is hella cheap as well. Probably cheaper than lemon juice.

7eastgenetics

Forum Sponsor
Community Member
User ID
Btk is a living organism. If you have caterpillars then u need to spray that for sure.

Kneeko

Blooming
User ID
So I made some…. But….
I shake it and it separates only after about 10-15sec…
Wrong soap ?
I just used some Castile soap as it was potassium based rather than sodium…

Top Bottom