Considering giving the bongs up?

Indy

Misfit
User ID
If you've been thinking about giving the Bongs a break for some time, I may have a solution for you that actually works.

A couple of months back I purchased a Mighty+ and some accessories, and one of the pieces happened to be a water pipe adapter. It sat there for a week or two and never gave it much thought until i eventually got to give it a go..

003.jpg

Well, as it turns out. This little fucker delivers a decent punch. It certainly matches the stone you get from cones alone, and i'd even suggest it can give you prolonged stone at times. I know many will call Bullshit on that. But I too was once a skeptic because i've never found a suitable vaping method that could match that of a cone. As it is, I'm that happy with it, i havent packed a cone in over 6 weeks, and i don't see a need to return to them. Thats the reason i held off from posting a review because i wanted to know for sure, before making mention of it.

001.jpg

The reason i think this works is because you actually draw deep on it like you do through a bong, so you get a proper lung full compared to the light drawing action usually used when pulling vapes. It's a pretty simple method, once the vape heats up to the desired level, just place/hold it in the stem like you would with a cone.

002.jpg

A couple of things to note. Firstly, it must be covered in some manufacturing lube still, as i had a funky taste the first couple of times. Though a soak in iso alcohol for a hour and a good rinse off soon got rid of the shitty taste.

Secondly, use a small bong (as pictured) or a bubbler, something that holds 100ml water or less . As i did use my big arsed beaker bong once and it lacked flavour and stonage it seemed. I'm guessing that was because how much water the vapor had to pass through, and the distance it had to travel.

So yeah, if you're considering going the vaping route rather than the combustion route with bongs. I'd highly rate giving this a go. Doubt i'll be returning to the combustion method any time soon if i can help it. (y)

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Indy

Misfit
User ID
$524.95 it would appear. Well, they were running a special at the time (12%off i think). But spent a bit under $600 by the time bought about 4 or 5 extras for it.

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
I also bought a Mighty + a few weeks back and can say that it really is similar to a bong, but I have not got an adaptor which I might look in to now.

The main difference I have found is that with a Bong, as you are pulling it, you can start to feel that cough coming on... With the Vape, pull as hard as ya like, but the possible cough sensation comes on the way out... if that makes sense? lol.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
If you've been thinking about giving the Bongs a break for some time, I may have a solution for you that actually works.

A couple of months back I purchased a Mighty+ and some accessories, and one of the pieces happened to be a water pipe adapter. It sat there for a week or two and never gave it much thought until i eventually got to give it a go..

View attachment 24655

Well, as it turns out. This little fucker delivers a decent punch. It certainly matches the stone you get from cones alone, and i'd even suggest it can give you prolonged stone at times. I know many will call Bullshit on that. But I too was once a skeptic because i've never found a suitable vaping method that could match that of a cone. As it is, I'm that happy with it, i havent packed a cone in over 6 weeks, and i don't see a need to return to them. Thats the reason i held off from posting a review because i wanted to know for sure, before making mention of it.

View attachment 24656

The reason i think this works is because you actually draw deep on it like you do through a bong, so you get a proper lung full compared to the light drawing action usually used when pulling vapes. It's a pretty simple method, once the vape heats up to the desired level, just place/hold it in the stem like you would with a cone.

View attachment 24657

A couple of things to note. Firstly, it must be covered in some manufacturing lube still, as i had a funky taste the first couple of times. Though a soak in iso alcohol for a hour and a good rinse off soon got rid of the shitty taste.

Secondly, use a small bong (as pictured) or a bubbler, something that holds 100ml water or less . As i did use my big arsed beaker bong once and it lacked flavour and stonage it seemed. I'm guessing that was because how much water the vapor had to pass through, and the distance it had to travel.

So yeah, if you're considering going the vaping route rather than the combustion route with bongs. I'd highly rate giving this a go. Doubt i'll be returning to the combustion method any time soon if i can help it. (y)
Ahh welcome to the vape side mate!!
You couldn't of stated with a better vape either!! Mate has one and the second I tried it I knew I was buying one when mine died which will be soon hopefully! 🤣
Been about 2.5 years since I smoked bongs regularly and my lungs are much better for it!
My dog actually broke my bong about 6 months ago and I've been meaning to buy another but just haven't.
I would of only used it for the water piece on me vape anyway.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
I also bought a Mighty + a few weeks back and can say that it really is similar to a bong, but I have not got an adaptor which I might look in to now.

The main difference I have found is that with a Bong, as you are pulling it, you can start to feel that cough coming on... With the Vape, pull as hard as ya like, but the possible cough sensation comes on the way out... if that makes sense? lol.

I know what you mean. I get the same sensation on the second toke of the Mighty+ when vaping through it normally. Fortunately with the adapter and bong, that is smoothed out quite considerably. If i was to guess, i'd go with 50-75% smoother.

F

freddie

Mighty is a great vape. I had one for years until it stopped working. I don't find the effect much like bonging at all and I'm surprised people are adapting it to go through a bong? Can't see the point as the vapor is so easy on the lungs, as is. To each their own.

I find the vape effect much nicer and smoking seems dirty to me now.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
They Got these little steel wool pad type things that you use for concerntrates, but I have my doubts about using them because the oil/bubble/shatter could melt and run back into the heat chamber and gunk it up..

Dunno for sure, haven't tried it myself.

EDIT: These fuckers..

EDIT 2: Forget that. Just read that Storz & Bickle has discontinued them in the link above.

Last edited:

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
They Got these little steel wool pad type things that you use for concerntrates, but I have my doubts about using them because the oil/bubble/shatter could melt and run back into the heat chamber and gunk it up..

EDIT 2: Forget that. Just read that Storz & Bickle has discontinued them in the link above.
I used them in my firefly. Works fine. Just clean your bowl up straight after if any concentrate does melt through.

I soak the pad in iso too after using.

R3za92

Baked
User ID

They can still be ordered from overseas. They’re just discontinued in aus due to the new legislation and the fact they can be used for nicotine ejuice.

Hudo

Baked
User ID
I've got this little fucker for concentrates but the battery doesn't last very long. You can put water in the top for a bubbler I'd like something better for out and about I've got a dab rig for home

20220813_122002.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom