fbd.jpg

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
There appears to be 2 broad STS approaches used by rec. growers. Option 1. Full strength STS applied just once on night of flip to 12/12. Approx 2-5ml per plant, spray aimed only at nodes. Option 2. Diluted strength STS applied 2-3+ times "around" time of flip to 12/12. Approx 20-30 per plant sprayed all over, at each individual application. I've tried both approaches and found better results with Option 1. Plants displayed much faster onset of balls and pollen, and higher amount of visible pollen. There may be environmental factors at play, that I have no idea about. But I've experimented with 9 different strains using both approaches, and on every ocassion Option 1 worked best for me. I use the Sigma-Aldricht STS formula online. I believe it's different to both formulas posted above. Not saying the other formulas are wrong, just that the S-A formula worked best for me, combined with option 1. Happy to chat privately with anyone that wants to try STS reversals in Aus, as we need more of this shit. Have a go ya mugs. 🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺

jezza03

Germinating
User ID
There appears to be 2 broad STS approaches used by rec. growers. Option 1. Full strength STS applied just once on night of flip to 12/12. Approx 2-5ml per plant, spray aimed only at nodes. Option 2. Diluted strength STS applied 2-3+ times "around" time of flip to 12/12. Approx 20-30 per plant sprayed all over, at each individual application. I've tried both approaches and found better results with Option 1. Plants displayed much faster onset of balls and pollen, and higher amount of visible pollen. There may be environmental factors at play, that I have no idea about. But I've experimented with 9 different strains using both approaches, and on every ocassion Option 1 worked best for me. I use the Sigma-Aldricht STS formula online. I believe it's different to both formulas posted above. Not saying the other formulas are wrong, just that the S-A formula worked best for me, combined with option 1. Happy to chat privately with anyone that wants to try STS reversals in Aus, as we need more of this shit. Have a go ya mugs. 🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Well I had a go & this is the result,
STS every 3-4 days, how long do you have to let them dry or cure before storage ?

Attachments

• PXL_20230317_094626383.jpg
    PXL_20230317_094626383.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 12
  • PXL_20230317_094834171.jpg
    PXL_20230317_094834171.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 13
  • PXL_20230317_094613624.jpg
    PXL_20230317_094613624.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 12

Purgs

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
Ok ive looked online for colloidal silver as I would like to make my own fem auotflower seeds .
Im not smart enough to make my own colloidal silver spray so I would like to buy but don't know what I'm supposed to use.
To many to choose from and not shore what is the right stuff to use can someone point me in the right direction please and thanks.

med180

Curing
User ID
Ok ive looked online for colloidal silver as I would like to make my own fem auotflower seeds .
Im not smart enough to make my own colloidal silver spray so I would like to buy but don't know what I'm supposed to use.
To many to choose from and not shore what is the right stuff to use can someone point me in the right direction please and thanks.
Use sts instead of colloidal silver. Google sts, should be available on ebay

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
From memory I paid about $50 posted so maybe keep your eyes peeled it might go cheaper or if you watch it get sent a cheaper offer.

GreenMan

Germinating
Community Member
User ID
I personally prefer CS as I use it for other things and it is edible/safe, and can be made at home very easily. The only negative is it takes about 10-14 days - one spray per day directly on the buds. I stop spraying once a few male flowers appear. Once they start to open and drop pollen I then use my finger to collect and pollinate a couple of surrounding buds. They continue dropping pollen for a week or more.

I've only ever sprayed a couple of buds, and smoke the rest :p Depends how many seeds you want!

You need minimum 40ppm - I recently had great success with this one on a Bruce Banner auto:

Purgs

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
I personally prefer CS as I use it for other things and it is edible/safe, and can be made at home very easily. The only negative is it takes about 10-14 days - one spray per day directly on the buds. I stop spraying once a few male flowers appear. Once they start to open and drop pollen I then use my finger to collect and pollinate a couple of surrounding buds. They continue dropping pollen for a week or more.

I've only ever sprayed a couple of buds, and smoke the rest :p Depends how many seeds you want!

You need minimum 40ppm - I recently had great success with this one on a Bruce Banner auto:

I saw some like that at the chemist today while picking up a script

GreenMan

Germinating
Community Member
User ID
I saw some like that at the chemist today while picking up a script
It is a good brand, some others make false ppm claims or dilute and use additives.

Anyway just my opinion, I've never used STS.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
STS = ease , efficient, simple, proven .
& Really isn't that difficult
Why do something simple and effective like spray STS just once. Instead of spray CS every single day for 14 consecutive days 🤣 I like wasting 14 days of my life, instead of the same outcome only taking about ten seconds 😔. I'll just go hop on my horse and cart to drive down the street. 🤣🤣🤣

Kneeko

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
+1 using CS for now..
I would use STS if a had it… but buying a bottle of +40ppm CS from Natures Works for $20 was still easy..
I stare at my plants every day so not worried about time spraying each day for a couple weeks.
Even thougj STS is probably better..
I just fell into using CS and have 5 out of 6 wins with it..
I do only get about 30-60 fems seeds from a 1-2foot plant though..
STS sounds better for mega seed hauls.. and ease of course..

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
+1 using CS for now..
I would use STS if a had it… but buying a bottle of +40ppm CS from Natures Works for $20 was still easy..
I stare at my plants every day so not worried about time spraying each day for a couple weeks.
Even thougj STS is probably better..
I just fell into using CS and have 5 out of 6 wins with it..
I do only get about 30-60 fems seeds from a 1-2foot plant though..
STS sounds better for mega seed hauls.. and ease of course..
For comparison, a similar size small plant with 1 single spray of STS can produce 3000+ seeds. A low fertile reversal with STS will still produce about 500 -1000seeds. About $50 -$70 of dry ingredients is enough for hundreds of thousands seeds.

Kneeko

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
For comparison, a similar size small plant with 1 single spray of STS can produce 3000+ seeds. A low fertile reversal with STS will still produce about 500 -1000seeds. About $50 -$70 of dry ingredients is enough for hundreds of thousands seeds.
Hmmmm.. ok
Im about to try femming autos for first time… and I have limited seeds of each strain… (like 3-5 seeds of each)
must be about time to try STS..

RidingOnwards

Vegetating
User ID
💯
I gave up on CS got into STS and never looked back. Hundreds of seeds every time.

Top Bottom