colloidal silver

terrancefartbubbler

Vegetating
User ID
Hey dudes can some one answer this? Can I use colloidal silver to make feminized seeds from a plant that has originally been grown from a feminized seed?
Cheers

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

terrancefartbubbler

Vegetating
User ID
from where are you getting your colloidal silver from how are you applying it

cheers
Hey dude gonna make my own colloidal silver my wife makes jewellery so have plenty of silver pieces to use. Not sure about the rest will figure that out. What I have read looks like just mist the foliage for a few weeks.

jezza03

Germinating
User ID
CS is a pain, heaps of work
Lookup STS , it is so much simpler and a lot more effective easy to produce and make , and relatively inexpensive for what you get
I achieved this with only 5 applications

Attachments

• PXL_20230105_201058613.jpg
    PXL_20230105_201058613.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 33

QLD guy

Vegetating
User ID
CS is a pain, heaps of work
Lookup STS , it is so much simpler and a lot more effective easy to produce and make , and relatively inexpensive for what you get
I achieved this with only 5 applications
Lots of male junk there but where are the female flowers...?

how long to get to that stage with the 5 applications and what intervals were the 5 applications at..?

QLD guy

Vegetating
User ID
from where are you getting your colloidal silver from how are you applying it

cheers
I got some from Beansbaked collectables but it comes in 2 bottles with no instructions on what ratio to mix at.....I have it in the fridge but also dont know how long it stays good for.....I beleive its just mixed in a spray bottle and applied to the leaves..

jezza03

Germinating
User ID
Lots of male junk there but where are the female flowers...?

how long to get to that stage with the 5 applications and what intervals were the 5 applications at..?
That is the whole idea, you are forcing a female to give you pollen, you collect the pollen and then use it on an unreversed female, the STS blocks the y chromosome which is exactly what you need to produce female pollen, applied to another female bud at the right time produces 100% female seeds

I sprayed about every 3 to 5 days then just let it go

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
That is the whole idea, you are forcing a female to give you pollen, you collect the pollen and then use it on an unreversed female, the STS blocks the y chromosome which is exactly what you need to produce female pollen, applied to another female bud at the right time produces 100% female seeds

Don't worry mate he's not real bright that bloke!! šŸ¤£

QLD guy

Vegetating
User ID

Cant you just spray some branchs so that you can get the reversed seeds off one plant or is it too difficult to time the pollination..?

jezza03

Germinating
User ID
Yes you can, BUT
Male flowers take about 5 to 6 weeks to produce pollen, a female flower is ready to accept Pollen around 3 weeks,
You won't get anywhere near the amount of seeds doing it the way you suggested, and by doing it this way you can also store your pollen and introduce two other and different females at a later date

QLD guy

Vegetating
User ID
Yes you can, BUT
Male flowers take about 5 to 6 weeks to produce pollen, a female flower is ready to accept Pollen around 3 weeks,
You won't get anywhere near the amount of seeds doing it the way you suggested, and by doing it this way you can also store your pollen and introduce two other and different females at a later date
Thanks for the info....I've never done it before so its great to know... :)

jezza03

Germinating
User ID
If I may add
I believe but cannot 100% prove it, plants need to be of a certain age to be sexually mature, so trying to reverse a very small and young plant doesn't always work,
The first one I reversed was quite an age about 2 ft tall and reasonably bushy, and it produced a lot of pollen
The next time I tried to reverse a different strain it was a lot smaller and younger, and it did produce flowers but no pollen at all, as if it was shooting blanks
I'm not sure about the female side of the equation, maybe somebody else out there has thoughts ?
Jez

Top Bottom