Chillies & tomato’s

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
Back to the start, got a few chillies and tomato’s growing from seed.

Rejuvenated the raised beds again loaded with manure again heaps of compost too.

Dog killed a chook the other day so it’s been laid to rest in the garden bed, not much goes to waste here.

I’ve been collecting veg and tomato seeds for a long time now I have thousands of seeds of just about everything. Happy to share a few around if anyone is interested?

My usual process this time of year get them established then pot into the beds.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

JimboBlu

Vegetating
User ID
Hey there Gazza. Nice looking garden there mate. I’m a big tomato and chilli fan too. Been growing tomatoes forever and recently chillies are increasing in numbers each year In the garden. I also have jalapeno and long hot cayennes I ended up getting seedlings for this year. It’s been a completely fucked start to the season this year, cold and wet So a late start for all of them. I’ve managed to get my staple birds eye chillies going from seed and still waiting for a few others to pop up to. I had a friend give me a pod last year I saved the seeds for that was ridiculously hot, I’m thinking it’s a carolina reaper from how it looked. We’ll see

As for tomatoes, I’ve got a seed collection of well over 100 varieties but I think I’ll be struggling to germinate many now as they’re getting old. I keep my favourites going though. This year I’m got Cherokee Purple, Belgium Giant (potato leaf) Soldacki and Tommy Toe going. Pretty much my all time best varieties I recon. Just gotta hope for less rain than the last couple of years..
I’ve got plenty of seed for these tomatoes so I’m also more than happy to share if you or anyone else is interested in getting some seed? Well worth a grow I recon. Shit all over anything sold from the usual retailers

Im still waiting for my ‘special tomato‘ seeds to pop as they were also pretty old, but I’m hopeful they’ll eventually wake up!

42AF2A25-ABCF-4928-846A-3CFDCCF2A7D4.jpeg

FCB297FA-4ECE-4AB0-9C39-A103CDE57BBF.jpeg

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
Hey there Gazza. Nice looking garden there mate. I’m a big tomato and chilli fan too. Been growing tomatoes forever and recently chillies are increasing in numbers each year In the garden. I also have jalapeno and long hot cayennes I ended up getting seedlings for this year. It’s been a completely fucked start to the season this year, cold and wet So a late start for all of them. I’ve managed to get my staple birds eye chillies going from seed and still waiting for a few others to pop up to. I had a friend give me a pod last year I saved the seeds for that was ridiculously hot, I’m thinking it’s a carolina reaper from how it looked. We’ll see

As for tomatoes, I’ve got a seed collection of well over 100 varieties but I think I’ll be struggling to germinate many now as they’re getting old. I keep my favourites going though. This year I’m got Cherokee Purple, Belgium Giant (potato leaf) Soldacki and Tommy Toe going. Pretty much my all time best varieties I recon. Just gotta hope for less rain than the last couple of years..
I’ve got plenty of seed for these tomatoes so I’m also more than happy to share if you or anyone else is interested in getting some seed? Well worth a grow I recon. Shit all over anything sold from the usual retailers

Im still waiting for my ‘special tomato‘ seeds to pop as they were also pretty old, but I’m hopeful they’ll eventually wake up!

View attachment 26816

View attachment 26817
Awesome looking garden mate, I’d definitely be keen on any of your hottest chilli seeds? I can trade I’ll post a list up tomorrow of what I’ve got.
I’ve got a bottle of Carolina reaper chilli sauce bought it about 2 weeks ago it’s half empty not hot enough 🤣

Can’t beat home grown as you said shots all over the crap at the supermarkets.

I’m on the piss now so this kinda brief 🤪

JimboBlu

Vegetating
User ID
No worries, we’ll see how you pull up this morning hey 🤣

Yeah sure, happy to share the reaper seeds, bottom line is they’re to hot for me…! Keep in mind I think they are Reaper’s, the person I got them from wasn’t sure as they were given to her too.
Like it or not, if you grow tomatoes you gotta try a few of the varieties (strains 😁) I’ve got, so I throw a few in too ✌

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
7D2B09C0-1C2E-4C1C-87E7-753625416ED0.jpegE9EEA2D3-FFC7-4DD6-B924-85F3EC40F38A.jpeg
I’ve got a few more garden bed frames about 80m away from this section of garden, I’ll try to move them over so I can expand the size of my growing space need a good section just for the amount of tomatoes I want to get in the ground this year.

Only did 2 plants last year, still about 5kg of tomato’s they just kept coming, mainly use them for Italian dishes well duh 🤣 pasta sauce pizzas bruschetta etc.

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
It’s pretty rewarding creating a nice garden I reckon..Nice work..👍
I didn’t create it, I just bought it 🤣

I do spend a lot of time maintaining it tho, have added a few plants over the years but I’d be taking credit for the original owners work this garden was established over 50 years ago.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Nice mate. You have a great space there.
Have you thought about polycarbonate roofing over the garden bed areas to keep the rain out.

I’m trying to build a grow area that’s sheltered from rain and semi hidden. I have wicking planters so don’t need the rain to water them.

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
I
Nice mate. You have a great space there.
Have you thought about polycarbonate roofing over the garden bed areas to keep the rain out.

I’m trying to build a grow area that’s sheltered from rain and semi hidden. I have wicking planters so don’t need the rain to water them.
I need the rain to water them, I have thought about a roof over them in the past. Got other projects I’m focusing on atm.

When I get myself sorted out, I’ll probably put a decent greenhouse in one day, my new mancave is what I need fucken shit everywhere atm it’s doing my head in 🤣

Top Bottom