Canna Sugar

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Sugar

Baked
User ID
How much more vodka do you think Pedro?
Another 500 mls should do it? What and fill the jars?

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Wow Dotts. Awesome job. I’m thinking a thermomix would work just like the mbm. Saves me buying another appliance. Plus I have heaps of iso for mycology work.

and Sugar, how has it turned out? I’m looking into the different tincture styles (alcohol vs glycerin).

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
Wow Dotts. Awesome job. I’m thinking a thermomix would work just like the mbm. Saves me buying another appliance. Plus I have heaps of iso for mycology work.

and Sugar, how has it turned out? I’m looking into the different tincture styles (alcohol vs glycerin).
Yeah mate, very similar to Thermomix, could tweek It abit to perform like the MBM...

Sugar was/is abit weak, I used too much sugar in the mix, in hindsight I shoulda used half the amount of sugar, a mate suggested to hire a fairy floss machine and make canna fairy floss 😃.

goomeat

Germinating
User ID
Hi I'm new here and I make cannasugar occasionally. After reading through the thread I have a couple of notes that may be useful.
1. Always use ethanol, not ISO. Ethanol is safe for humans and ISO will cause damage to internal organs if it's not completely evaporated off.
2. The strongest off the shelf or homebrewed spirit you will find is 95.6% as you can't go any higher without using molecular sieves or lab equipment and the ethanol will start absorbing moisture as soon as it is exposed to the atmosphere until it returns to 95.6% which is called an azeotrope.
3. I dry, decarb and freeze all of my material including the alcohol then add the alcohol to the material, swirl around and put back in the freezer where I then swirl it around every few hours for about 48 hours then mix with sugar and dry out at very low heat in an electric oven with the door cracked open and plenty of ventilation in the room.
I always end up with a nice light brown sugar, no green.

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
Hi I'm new here and I make cannasugar occasionally. After reading through the thread I have a couple of notes that may be useful.
1. Always use ethanol, not ISO. Ethanol is safe for humans and ISO will cause damage to internal organs if it's not completely evaporated off.
2. The strongest off the shelf or homebrewed spirit you will find is 95.6% as you can't go any higher without using molecular sieves or lab equipment and the ethanol will start absorbing moisture as soon as it is exposed to the atmosphere until it returns to 95.6% which is called an azeotrope.
3. I dry, decarb and freeze all of my material including the alcohol then add the alcohol to the material, swirl around and put back in the freezer where I then swirl it around every few hours for about 48 hours then mix with sugar and dry out at very low heat in an electric oven with the door cracked open and plenty of ventilation in the room.
I always end up with a nice light brown sugar, no green.
Hey Goomeat, thanks for the tips!

and welcome aboard!

will definitely be havin another go at this in the future!

got my hands on some homebrew ethanol off a mate ready to go!

what sort of canna/ethanol/sugar ratio do you find best?

goomeat

Germinating
User ID
Hey Goomeat, thanks for the tips!

and welcome aboard!

will definitely be havin another go at this in the future!

got my hands on some homebrew ethanol off a mate ready to go!

what sort of canna/ethanol/sugar ratio do you find best?
I generally use 7 grams to a bit over a cup of ethanol so it works out to be a full cup when it's done and mix that with 1-2 cups of sugar depending on how strong you want it. I mainly use it for lollipops and simple syrup to juice up cocktails :)

Top Bottom